main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How'd you get your screen name?

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities' started by Illd_Saber, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illd_Saber

Illd_Saber Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    Maybe this has been covered before ...

I went with Illd_Saber because it's an anagram of my name (Brad Ellis). The Saber part was a no-brainer, the Illd part has no meaning.

So, how'd you get your name?

2. dinochick

dinochick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    hmm....good question. I guess I got mine for obvious reasons as well. I am a paleontologist and a chick....
    Way back in the day I was trying to think up a good email address for myself (my very first email address ever!) for hotmail. I was into paleo, and was really into the Dixie Chicks at the time and thought "Dinochick" would be a fun play on that. It has since stuck and so I just bought the domain name and now get called "Dino" all over the place.

3. toymastermatt

toymastermatt Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2005
    I do not believe this has been covered before. I echo the previous entries. The screen name did not take much time to come up with. Other than the movies, my biggest passion about Star Wars is the toys. I still am out there buying all the figures, vehicles and anything else that looks interesting. The same goes for Star Wars comic books, Gentle Giant statutes and mini busts. I would still be buying the Simpsons toys but Playmates did not keep the rights to produce any more.

4. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I love the character Mirax Terrik from the x-wing books, and I was born in 1980.

5. Super_J

Super_J Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2004
    I was on another message board using my given name, Jack, I know very creative, ans someone there kept calling me Super J so I decided to sign up here with that.

6. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    I've always been fascinated by Greek mythology and especially the hero, Achilles. I got a huge kick out of reading the Iliad and when the movie Troy was released I thought they did such a wonderful job of portraying him. He's someone who thinks for himself instead of blindly following ideas and attitudes just because they're common. He strives to be everything he can be and doesn't take any crap from anyone.

It was at that point that I decided to name myself Achilles of Peoria since that's where I was living at the moment and now that I'm back home it's even more apt. I now have a tattoo of the Achilles Helmet on my right leg just barely above the ankle.

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Kit_Fisto/miscellaneous/Achilles.jpg]

Incidentally my high school was the O'Leary Spartans who use a similar looking symbol.

7. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Mine came from a Jedi padawan named Ulu Ulix. This came from the Boba Fett series-his master was a bothan by the name of Glynn Betti.

8. Lightsaber_Master

Lightsaber_Master Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2006
    got my screen name for being the lightsaber choreographer for several fanfilms...therefor i became a master...

9. Thralleon

Thralleon Jedi Knight

Apr 21, 2004
    I just squished Grand Admiral Thrawn together with Captain Gilad Pellaeon and mixed in a bit of misspelling as I didn't have the Thrawn trilogy with me at the time.

10. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    That's actually a good thing I think. It's easier to read this way, and pronounce.

11. Jedi_Twin18th

Jedi_Twin18th Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    sure...umm. The first parts are easy, the 18th meaning 18th before midnight. They day we all hungout outside the theater before RotS came out.

12. QCJediGal

QCJediGal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2005
    Let's see QC= Quad Cities I like jedi and since I'm a girl I just put it all together QCjedigal....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.