main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I am new to the melbourne area

Discussion in 'Archive: Melbourne, FL' started by rcrider304, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcrider304

rcrider304 Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2005
    I have been in this area for about 2 months. I am looking for people to get together with and trade. I have been a member of the Pennsylvania Star Wars Collecting Society for a little over 3 years. We held monthly meetings and had other gatherings through the year for special events. I am really wanting to meet people in the area that have a love for Star Wars and collecting.

2. FatMan

FatMan Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2005
    he man, i'm FatMan. i have lived here all my life, i actualy live in palmbay, anyway, i haven't found a club around here yet, but walt disny world, a 2 hr drive from us, has star wars weekends. its when mgm studeos goes allout to make it the ultiment reality, empire occupies one side, rebels occupy the other side, they have storm tropers pacing the grounds, the change some of the attractions so its like regular season who wants to be a millionar playit, in star wars weekends its like who wants to be a millionar play it: starwars edition, they have guys dressed up as jedi, puting on little jedi school shows for little kids, and every time starwars weekends is on, everybody (avrage joes) can come in starwars attire, and be like everyone else. also they always have actors from the movies come in & sign autographs, like the old r2-d2 guy, or the origional chew bacca, they usualy run through may, just go to disney's website to find out when

3. rcrider304

rcrider304 Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2005
    I went there with my son on Fathers Day this year and got Amy Allens autograph and picture.

4. FatMan

FatMan Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2005
    hi im fatman yo dude, i still can't find any clubs here, & are we the ony ones posting here

5. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    I thought nobody would ever post in here again. It's been dead since December.

I live here in Melbourne. I know of no clubs really. I have kind of outgrown that myself. Me and a buddy from work usually just hit a few local bars on Wed and Fri nights. About an hour to go here! :D

6. FatMan

FatMan Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2005
    it still would be cool if some of us would meet once n a while oh yeha hi im fatman

7. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    I have never met anyone from the boards. Hello and welcome. :D You should check out some of the other forums around this place. Lots to see.

Matter of fact. This is only my second post here in the Melbourne section. By time I got here in January the place had dried up. Perhaps it will pick up again. :)

8. FatMan

FatMan Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2005
    hi im fatman ofcource it will regain its luster, thank god you are around, by the way i dont mean a back alley thing like the mophia (though that would be cool) i mean in a park or some place, when i do post anyway, it will be at night, pretty regular

9. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    I'll be returning to the Melbourne area this month after being away for far too long. I graduated high school at Satellite Beach H.S., and amd moving back to be close to my family. Glad to see there's a SpaceCoast FanForce, but like the Maryland one, there isn't much going on ;)

10. FatMan

FatMan Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2005
    their is nothing too big out here, oh yeha... hi im fat man anyway, i dont think we have a physical club, just cool online junk, too bad

11. Darth_Gartus

Darth_Gartus Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2005
    Hey, i havent checked here in a while, as of last time there was no one posting? Anyhow, what are you trading? I have most of the hasbro 3"3/4th line with tons of extras, all loose except for the really hard exclusives. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

12. FatMan

FatMan Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2005
    hi im fatman i dont realy trade, but ide like to buy,

13. AszmianhJoonaa

AszmianhJoonaa Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2005
    I live a little bit north of Melbourne, but it would be nice if we could see if anyone would like to re-start a little group of FanForce Brevardians!! I'd totally be up for that!!!

Anyone else?
    MTFBWY!!!
    Aszmianh Joonaa

14. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    Somebody set something up. The old crew use to meet at the Titusville libary.

15. AszmianhJoonaa

AszmianhJoonaa Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2005
    Okay, maybe we can meet somewhere kinda central? Some place that might be open a little later in the evening so everyone can meet up?

I'm also in the SCA, which is a re-enactment group, and they use the Barnes and Noble on Merritt Island to have their Friday get-togethers. At least out there, they are open to 11pm! The Port St. John library is out..they close at 4pm most days. There's Cocoa library, but I don't know if they require that one of their meeting rooms be booked in advance. I would vote for a night out to maybe Barnes and Noble on Merritt Island some early evening, and keep the first meeting just as a social sort of getting-to-know-you, where we can sit around the tables in the cafe and chat. That's my two cents, what does anyone else think about this? Maybe we could make it for a Thursday night or something?

MTFBWY,
    Aszmianh Joonaa

PS, MegaCon is coming up in February, I know my hubby and I are goin, as they are having a SW costume contest and such..anyone else?

16. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Hello from Melbourne too! I'm a huge EU fan and am always looking for people to discuss the new releases with.

17. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    Her is just a small bit of advice.... Pick a place, pick a time, set it up and see who shows. I may drive down from Jacksonville for it.

18. FatMan

FatMan Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2005
    hi im Fat Man as in the fatman who got this lost dream goin" ive been out fer a while but if theres any meetings post here n'ill bee there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.