main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I HAD NO IDEA CHARLESTON HAD A CLUB!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Charleston, SC' started by Cotasnoova, Nov 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cotasnoova

Cotasnoova Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2002
    Hello everyone, my name is Bobby, I am a Charleston native and have been here for 24 years...I guess that makes me 24. I am graduate of CofC like I see a few of ya'll are too.
    I had no clue there was a Star Wars Fan Club in Charleston, why didn't anyone tell me? I have been a tad Star Wars crazed since I read Timothy Zahn "famous trilogy" back in 1991 I think. Of course I was a fan around the time of RotJ, but that gave way to GI Joe and He-Man over time. But Zahn's trilogy sealed the deal.

So...how many members do you have? What is like the age base, or is it all spread out? What do ya'll do?

2. Akela9

Akela9 Jedi Master

Jul 11, 2001
    Hi Bobby,

I'm Bill. Right now we have about 10 members or so. The ages range all over the place. Yesterday was our most recent event; we had a Halloween party at one member's house and then went as a group to see Attack of the Clones at the IMAX midnight premier. You can check out our website for some more information: http://www.geocities.com/jmi_jedi/

Our next event is planned for Saturday, November 30 at the IMAX. We have a bunch of activities planned including Star Wars trivia, costume contest and charity raffle. Hopefully we will also have several members of the 501st stormtrooper garrison for "security" duty.

However since today starts the opening weekend at the IMAX, some of us will be there this afternoon and evening to hand out movie information. If you have a costume, come on down. I think 3:30 is the earliest show someone will be there today. I think a couple of stormtroopers will be around on Saturday.

Email me at obiwan.kenobi@comcast.net if you want to get together on this for today. Unfortunately I have to work Satuday and Sunday.

Welcome to the club!

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.