main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I think I've found Darth Krayt's true identity...

Discussion in 'Archive: Literature (Spoilers Allowed)' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    And it is....

A'Sharad Hett

[image=http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/1320/asharadpq0.jpg]

[image=http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/4957/575pxdarthkraytzx5.jpg]

2. Darth_Shpydar

Darth_Shpydar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 31, 2006
    It's been suggested before. Personally, Hett's towards the top of my own list of who i think Krayt is (along with Quin (or Korto) Vos and Janek Sunber).

3. Darth_Angle

Darth_Angle Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 13, 2006
    I hope it isn't. To me it might as well be a new character than him. It's no great reveal. I'm hoping it's a remenant of Anakin Solo.

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I agree. I really hope it's not Hett... it was guessed almost immediately after we saw Krayt for the first time.

I think the major reason I don't like the idea is that it's too darned obvious. Everything points to Krayt being Hett. I kinda wanted to be surprised when that helmet came off.

I've also never been a big fan of Hett. His personality changed in every story arc. I almost started to like him before the Clone Wars, but then he had to go and take his mask off. I had been hoping against hope he wouldn't turn out to be another human, and lo and behold, he's not only a human, but the winner of the Exar Kun look-alike contest as well!

5. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    Suprise = butched up Jaina Solo! dum, dum, dum!

6. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    What is kind of sad is that if it will be Hett - who has been the top candidate pretty much from the day Krayt was first seen, first with Jacen and after the Darth Who campaign came public, as the sole frontrunner - there will be soon a couple of dozen posters on the Dark Horse board who claim that it was a total surprise to them, that nobody could have ever guessed it etc. Same that happened with Morrigan Corde.[face_plain]

I just hope that the identity of Krayt will be something else. There is not much sense-of-wonder in seeing him revealed as Hett.

7. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    I don't mind really, rather that then them doing something stupid which spoils it just so theres a suprise e.g. Jar Jar but something not to that extent:rolleyes:

8. doorki

doorki Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2007
    Doesn't his holocron say he was born into a world ravaged by Civil War and the vong? So...I think Hett may be a little too old.

9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Just that he was born into a time of civil war, doesn't say which one, I think. But he also knew "the Jedi of old."

10. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    No, he said "I know the Jedi from old."

11. Darth_Shpydar

Darth_Shpydar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 31, 2006
    True. But remember that Jan and John keep implying in other threads that the "why" of Krayt is probably more of the mystery than the "who".

Which, given the Legacy timeframe, could be either the Jedi of the Republic or the NJO.

Now that i'm thinking about it, does the fact that he made that statement maybe imply to some degree that he wasn't a Jedi? [face_thinking] Though i suppose Vader may have said something like that too, in that he no longer considered himself a Jedi after turning.

12. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    Interesting idea, and based on the fact that Kryt has obviously experimented with vong bio tech then it's possible his force powers extend from it. What came first, his vong armor or his force abilities?

...I wonder what happened to Zenoma Sekot

13. doorki

doorki Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2007

Which war was Hett born into? Wasn't he a full jedi knight during the clone wars?

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Unless it doesn't mean a physical birth, but a "rebirth" of some sort.

15. doorki

doorki Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2007
    yeah....I know Krayt is supposed to be old but I hope he is not that old...just sits wrong with me. The resemblence is striking and he did have the chance to end the Skywalker line.....have to wait and see.

16. Ewok-Kenobi

Ewok-Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2006
    ok, my theory. hes a vong that somhow got the force back. he has tatooes (vong) was born into civil war (vong) a world ravished by vong (surprise!)
    and knew the jedi of old (vergere)
    dont no how a vong could do it, but its better than the hett theory.

17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    But isn't Krayt confirmed to be human?

18. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    No, he is not confirmed to be a human, at least to my knowledge.

19. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    If you check out the preview for Legacy #5 here, there's a good bit of evidence, IMO, to support the fact that Kryt is not Vong, mostly the fact that he refers to his armor as "Yuuzhan Vong life forms". If he were in fact Yuuzhan Vong wouldn't he refer to the life form as crab armor (or what it really is without making reference to the fact that it is Yuuzhan Vong)? Other less conclusive evidence could would include the fact that his visible features do not resemble a Vong so much as a human.

Reason why I'm hoping it's not Hett: Simply doesn't make sense. Kryt's reveal had better be shocking and relevant. Hett just isn't relevant enough to me be that great of a reveal. Also, haven't we had enough Tatooine sons turning into Sith Lords?

Finally, if Vader's loss of living tissue lessens his connection to the Force, then would Krty's addition of living tissue make his connection stronger? something to consider, at least.

20. Darth_Sloth

Darth_Sloth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2002
    Currently re-reading the NJO, and from the hints there that it's obvious. Krayt is ..... Tahiri!

Anakin Solo's vision in EOV:Conquest
    One of her eyes was jade and the other obsidian. Her lips were fringed by a hundred incisions, and a white scar ran from the top of her forehead to her chin. Armor of a black-and gray- banded chitinous substance fit close to her body, a very adult, very human body, though the armor was plated and jointed like an insect's. Knobs and spurs stuck out from her shoulders and elbows.

Plus there is what she said in NJO-EOV2:Rebirth
    "They don't like me here." Tahiri said softly. "They all act like my skin is going to split open and a Krayt dragon will step out"

Add that to the fact she has some of Nem Yim memories, who better to sabotage the Vong terraforming. Plus she spent time on Sekot, which has a link to vergere and non-jedi force beliefs (potentium).

(edit: fixed "")

21. saber_death

saber_death Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    hmmm... Jacen thinks she'd make a good Sith apprentice in LOTF, so perhaps he corrupts and/or trains her. so if we can find a way to make her into a tall, muscular male, it'd work for me... perhaps she clones her old boyfriend and takes over his body... thereby fufilling Ikrit's "do something great together" prophecy as well.

22. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Sigh....I'll say it a hundred times......

Ken Palpatine=Darth Krayt:eek:

He was one of the front runners....but he seems to be losing popularity......

But in reality I want Darth Krayt to be a new character......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.