main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ian McDiarmid

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by Catherinerofa, Jul 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catherinerofa

Catherinerofa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2005
    This is my new favorite Scottish actor! He did a great job. I enjoyed him in Sleepy Hollow too. Check out my Ian link. Anyone seen him on stage?

2. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, you like Ian McDiarmid,we get it! There's no need to have three different threads on three forums though.

3. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    I don't think it inappropriate to be discussing a Scots Star Wars actor on a Scots Star Wars board...

hmmmm?

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I was shocked to find out he's been in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels all these years and I've never noticed. Anyone know any other things he's been in that I should look for him in?

Always loved, loved him in the OT and just revelled in all his PT work. He's just now getting the respect he deserves for that because of RotS, but hey.

And we share the same birthday :cool:

-sj loves kevin spacey

5. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    // fears SoloJones

// and her astrologically-attained ability to properly enunciate shakespearean dialogue

// exeunts stage left

6. Catherinerofa

Jul 2, 2005
    Look for him in Sleepy Hollow made in 1999. He has a small supporting role in that. He is a physician who is having an affair with a young maid. He is shown in some shadows doing some hot and heavy kissing.

Also look for him in Rebecca (1997 version). His role is pretty small in about a five to ten minute scene. He plays a kind of judge. Even though his role is small, the movie is very good. Worth watching.

You can also check out The Last King. He has the largest role in this out of these three films.

Make sure you check out my Ian link below!

What does OT and PT mean?

7. I_AM_GEEK

I_AM_GEEK Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2004
    OT = Original Trilogy

PT = Prequel Trilogy

Catherinerofa = NOOB :p

8. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    [face_laugh]

I used to think the only person I shared my birthday with was Hulk Hogan. Good thing I learned differently.

Oh yeah, I've seen Sleepy Hollow but I didn't know he was in that, either. Man, I just keep missing him everywhere 8-}

-sj loves kevin spacey

9. Catherinerofa

Jul 2, 2005
    What on earth is NOOB! :eek:

10. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    LOL, NOOB is a shortened version of Newbie, which is a term used to describe someone considered to be new to something.

11. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    thankyou for that, beard-boy...

England is that way >>>> by the way :D

12. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Wha'? You say somtin?

13. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Wow, I sure am lost. [face_worried]

14. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    for Wales, head south from scotand along the western route, till you reach Liverpool, where you turn right and keep going till you see a big patch of fudgeall... and that's you home :D

15. Andreas_Lamont

Andreas_Lamont Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    Actualy noob is something quite different,

Newbies are new to something, but dont go head long into it without taking a look about first.

Noob's are over the top, gun ho, annoying and shooit their mouths off at every chance they get.

Now reacently i have come accros the term for Nooch ... lets just say you can work out what it is and its a breackdown from two words, noob and B*tch.

Any other questions?

16. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    Noob's are over the top, gun ho, annoying and shoot their mouths off at every chance they get.

make a well-known phrase from these five words

'black'
    'the'
    'calling'
    'kettle'
    'pot'

:D

17. Andreas_Lamont

Andreas_Lamont Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    hmmm, in which i seem to apply to a lot of the thing there, ok fair enough, after all i have been insulted by professionsals :p

(shuffles into a corner, sits down and whimpers about) :D

Cheers

18. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    :D

ohhhhh dinnae take on so.

its monday morning and there's work to do !

anyone fancy a drink ?

nothing too intoxicating....... sngle whiskies.....not doubles.....at least not till the afternoon.....

19. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I was shocked to find out he's been in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels all these years and I've never noticed. Anyone know any other things he's been in that I should look for him in?

And it was also funny that Dirty Rotten Scoundrels was directed by Frank Oz...Yeah, the Emperor was directed by Yoda! :p

You should have checked him out in the first episode of Touching Evil. He played a teacher who was doing experiments on his students. It was shown on British TV in 1997 - right before he started shooting The Phantom Menace. That was when I knew the evil was back in black!

He was also in Gorky Park (1983), if I recall.

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I know, I didn't know Dirty Rotten Scoundrels was directed by Frank Oz until recently either. I too find it incredibly ironic.

-sj loves kevin spacey

21. Cheeky-Beak

Cheeky-Beak Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 29, 2003
    He has also been in :

Hillsborough (TV) - Dr Popper
    Dragonslayer - Brother Jacopus
    The Likely Lads (TV) - Vicar
    Spooks (TV) - Prof. Fred Roberts
    The Professionals (TV) - Mickey Hamilton in episode: "The Madness of Mickey Hamilton" (episode # 3.5) . On air date 24 November 1979
    The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (TV) - Prof. Levi
    Inspector Morse (TV) - Hugo De Vries

He seems to play a lot of DR's/Professors . Also , Ians best work is definately in the theatre . His one man (virtually) show , The Embalmer , was fantastic

Memoria e amicizia

YNWA - Champions of Europe

CB

22. Catherinerofa

Jul 2, 2005
    I am really looking forward to seeing Dragonslayer again. I saw it not long after its release when I was in junior high school (middle school). I am somewhat putting off watching some of his films so I have many to look forward to viewing. Netflix has been great for looking for his television appearances. I am hoping that Crime and Punishment will be released sometime soon. I heard from a fellow member on my Yahoo Group that he was great in it.

23. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    [face_laugh] Not bad, not bad...

oh BTW Hello from across the pond in New York ;-)

Sarah

24. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    hello sarah

thanks for popping by.

I like new york. i have loads of pals there. real pals AND virtual pals.

I just loved the pancakes and bacon lumberjack breakfast I had in Greenwich Village last year.....and the staff were SOOOO friendly. Must've been the kilt....

virtually, I know Eeth-my-Koth fae New York, who is possibly the fattest Huey FunLovingCriminal lookalike on the internet.
    .......and i hear he PlayzThePinkOboe :D

25. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    ''This is my new favorite Scottish actor! He did a great job. I enjoyed him in Sleepy Hollow too. Check out my Ian link. Anyone seen him on stage? ''

great post. just great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.