main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Idea For Next Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, Sep 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    This is the idea Craig and I kicked around for our next Fan Force meeting. An Episode 1 DVD release party. I do have October 16th off, and I expect to buy it that day, as I'm sure a bunch of you do as well. So what do you all say?

2. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
    Sounds like fun to me. I work until 5:30 but could come right after.

I also just picked up a DVD called "The Stars of Star Wars" It has an hour long documentary about Star Wars from 1977 till present. It also has a bunch of interviews current and old. It's pretty cool. We could watch that sometime too.

Be seeing you,

Bob

3. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    I like this idea! But where to have it? I dunno if my place is ideal. I have a DVD-rom drive on my pc. And the sound isn't very good either. Still, it's an alternative. Any other suggestions?

4. Dawmer299

Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    I have a kick ass surround sound system, and a 25 inch (huge huh) TV and a the necissary DVD. We could come over here if no-one else wants to have it at there place. I dont have my schedual that far yet but Im sure I can get it off. Laters D

5. DarkJeedai

DarkJeedai Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2001
    Hey that sounds great. Things have been quite busy lately with all of the happenings in the nation. If you could let my wife and I know the directions to the next meeting we should be able to come join the festivities. I hope you all are doing great. Have a fun weekend...I will its my B-DAY :p

Rob

6. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    So is this settled then? Dont seem to be to many responses. All we need now is a location.

7. Dawmer299

May 6, 2001
    I live on 96th and Q.... we can have it at my place if you want. Later D

8. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Ok then. The next meeting will be at Dawmers, Oct 16 at 6:30. Email or pm him for directions. If you can, post here so we have an idea of who's coming.

9. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    With any luck, I'll be there, though it'll probably be later than 6:30 since I don't get home from work till 6 anyway. Add in time to change clothes, grab food, etc... You get the picture. I was going to talk to the missus about offering up our place, but since Dawmer volunteered already, I guess it won't be necessary.

10. yatchie

yatchie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    right now it's up in the air if I'll be able to make it. I'll need directions anyways if it turns out that I'll be able to attend.

11. Dawmer299

May 6, 2001
    Hi guys, I forgot I have family flying in that night... I wont be able to have it at my place afterall. Sorry for any problems I've caused. I really was looking forward to it. Later D

12. PrairieDragon

PrairieDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2001
    Terribly good idea. Would be my first meeting, too. (missed Jay & Silent Bob)

but I have to work Tuesday nights all of a sudden.

I could have brought the DVD of DUALITY that I won at the AlphaCon/Lied Center silent auction, too.

Another time, I hope.

13. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    I think we may need to bump this sucker until the weekend, or even later. I could have it at my place on a saturday. Having it at my place is only a last resort, however. I have only a DVD-rom, a 17 inch monitor, crappy sound, and an attendence cap of about 5-6 due to limited seating, and noise considerations(the walls of my building are paper thin). Saturday is also the only day it would work for me(ie, it's a weekend, and most neighbors don't need to be up early for work, we could watch until 10- 10:30). I don't think this(having it in my slave hovel) is the best option, however. Anyone else with a DVD care to step up to bat and offer to host on short notice? I'm agreeable to say, the following saturday or sunday if this tuesday(16th) is too short notice.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Anyone?

....Bueller?

....Bueller?

14. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Again, weekends are no good. Mondays and Tuesdays are the only days I can be available during the next two weeks.

15. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Sadly, Tuesday at my place is out. We're getting the house spotless for my daughter's first birthday. Once the place is clean, my wife wants it to stay that way. We're already going to chasing around a psycotic soon to be 1 year old. Maybe the following week. Let me discuss it w/ the missus. No promises, but who knows...

16. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Well then, I guess there will not be a meeting this Tuesday. We will just have to reschedule it for another day. Not a big deal.

17. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    I'm guessing that by this point a meeting this tuesday has pretty much fizzled out. I'm only aware of about 4 of us having DVD's, and none can host. And since no one seems to be able to host, and having it on weekends is out, I guess on tuesday, I'll be watching it at home, alone. Maybe it's just me, but it seems that more and more anything we try and do is met with a small degree of indifference. Yatch and I each tried very hard to jumpstart the fanfilm by hosting meetings. I had an ethusiactic attendence of 3, and Yatch's had a pathetic 2. After about 15 minutes we decided to forget the meeting and go see Zoolander.

The idea of sharing my enjoyment of Star Wars with other like-minded people is a very exciting one. Everything we've done as a club has been very fun. The idea of this club is one I'd like to see continue. Please don't let the idea die due to indifference.

..........damn, that was melodramatic, wasn't it? ;) :p

18. UncleOwen1138

Jan 13, 2001
    I think you made me cry. :(

There's a possibility I might be able to have it Tuesday at my place. My wife is still considering it.

I live in Millard and have room for probably 10-12 people. It might be a little tight, but it would be fun. My TV's only a 25" and have only TV sound, no stereo. :( If you all can handle that!

I will post her answer here by tomorrow night for sure. I hope it's not too late notice for everyone.

Bob

19. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    Sorry boB. I counted you as one of the "enthusiastic 3"! ;)

I wasn't out to hurt feelings with that post. Just expressing something that's been on my mind for a few weeks. That post actually started out far more pessimistic that it wound up. I have a habit of re-reading and editing when I "brake character" so to speak and get serious. At first I was indeed pessimistic and by the time that post made the final stages, I had sort of gotten worked up, and not quite as gloomy. I had no intention of upsetting anybody. And maybe my perceptions are being colored by the turbulent happenings of my personal life, and the fact that I'm now unemployed(sort of. Anyone hiring?) I still want to do stuff with y'all. Like do any of you parents have kids that are of trick-or-treating age? How about a FanForce halloween outing with your young-uns? Or how about anyone that wants to get done up in their own outfit gets together and hits the bars? I'll act as desingnated driver. I know alot of you expressed the desire to get dressed up in your star wars outfits! Or, since we have that chat thingiee on that Omaha FanForce site, how about we schedule a chat? Any of this sound interesting?

20. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Well Im hoping the drop off was due to the summer season and not a loss of interest. Most of you know my main obstacle is my work schedule. 3-11 isnt a great social shift. They are "supposed" to open a spot on days this month, so hopefully before too long I will be there and then available much more often. If not, it wont be until next spring. I think this was just a case of bad timing. I would have attended those other two meetings had I been able. I feel we have a pretty strong core of members, its just getting our schedules to mesh that is the problem.

I think those are good ideas Jeff. Though Im still waiting for my costume to arrive. Hmmmmm. Another idea is a FanForce haunted house outing. Just a thought to ponder.

21. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    I can honestly say my lack of participation has not been due to lack of interest. Believe me, outside my wife & daughter, SW is my existence. The kid is such a handful, I feel guilty leaving my wife alone with her. We do have a very strong group of strong members and I think this group will be around for a long time. A haunted house outing does sound very cool. Just need to Figure out a good time to do it. I'm supposed to be on call the last week of October (with any luck, that'll fall thru), but maybe the Thursday before Halloween? Any takers? We'd just have to figure out which ones we want to go to.

22. UncleOwen1138

Jan 13, 2001
    If anybody is still interested about having it Tuesday, please post it here or e-mail me at uncleowen1138@cs.com

I would like to know if it is worth trying to even have it.

Thanks,

Bob

23. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Well I'd still like to have it.......

24. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    Me too!!!!!!! I'm sure most people that said they'd like to come will still show up.

If you host it, ...........they will come.

25. Dawmer299

May 6, 2001
    Me 2!!! I just dont know what time I can make it with the family being in town and all. I am still interested in having a movie night here at my place.... its jsut not going to be this week. And as far as my lack of participation, work is also getting in my way, about 70 hours in my way!! yuck!! So I need more than a weeks notice to do things so I can request an evening off to make functions. See ya on the flip side!! Laters D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.