main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm kind of fuzzy on something here

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Just_A_Slacker, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    PB is a jerk, and made it clearer everyday. He flamed people more than some trolls I've seen and got away with it. It was ridiculous. He should have been banned long before he was, and when/if he comes back, I feel bad for the person that crosses his path.

Ouch. Well, thanks for posting that in the same post as

Don't ask for trouble, and there won't be any. Don't push people's buttons. We're all human

Really helps your case as not being a hypocrite. [face_plain]

Listen, it's true that he was being goaded, people had been completely rude to him in that thread and in the TPM forum thread. I even tried to stick up for him once. But he became completely arrogant and would not accept even constructive criticism. Regardless of people's attitudes, he should have known better at least than to re-open the thread and then relock it just to get the last word for himself, that's where the real problem with him came in, along with the gist of his message there.

EDIT: I [face_love] Gandolf.

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I agree with Gandolf on this issue.

3. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    Ouch. Well, thanks for posting that in the same thread as

Don't ask for trouble, and there won't be any. Don't push people's buttons. We're all human

Really helps your case as not being a hypocrite.

Hmm. You're right, I shouldn't have gone off on a tyrade; my point was that there really is a large difference between PB and LMM.

Just for the record, I never claimed to not be a hypocrite. :p Obviously PB pushed my buttons, huh?

EDIT: Me too. [face_love]

4. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I disagree with the whole "let's change our colors to user's colors to appear to be one of them" bit.

You guys have responsabilites, and one of those responsabilities is making yourselves available in the User's Online page. I beleive Mace Windy can attest to this?

Unless of course I have something backwards, in which case I apologize.

¤Night

5. Indecent

Indecent Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2002
    Stryker... its nice of you to give PB a flaming when he's not here.

//round of applause.

Meh, if sarcasm were here, he'd have put that better.

And a quick sidenote. I am not Lisa, whomever that is. In fact, to suggest so is quite an insult to my masculinity. Suggesting PB is posting here is seeking to add fuel to the fire. I suggest that instead, you go to your local video store and rent out 'Amistad'... thats good drama.

Gandolf, I'm glad to hear it... although my posts may not indicate it, I don't think your all twisted, more machine than man. But there have been previous smooth overs and I really don't think this should occur. Not only does it irritate us normal folk, it make those with colours look bad. But I think I speak for the majority, when I say that we would like an update asap.

6. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Stryker... its nice of you to give PB a flaming when he's not here.

//round of applause.

<takes a bow>

Thank you one and all! I could never have done this without the support of my family, my friends, and most of all the people of TheForce.Net! Thank you again!!

Seriously, I really didn't think of that as a flame; I was trying to point out the essential differences between PB and LMM. If PB wants to come back later on and respond to the claim, I will be happy to discuss it with him.

If you are all really offended, I will edit my post, for all the good it will do. [face_plain]

7. FateNaberrie

Jan 31, 2000
    Obviously PB pushed my buttons, huh?

*shameless plug* If you get to know him uno-a-uno he's not a bad guy. :) Crossing his path has made my life better, not woeful or anything you were imagining when you wrote that.

I disagree with the whole "let's change our colors to user's colors to appear to be one of them" bit.

You guys have responsabilites, and one of those responsabilities is making yourselves available in the User's Online page. I beleive Mace Windy can attest to this?

Unless of course I have something backwards, in which case I apologize.

I agree with Night on this issue. I was only praising Gandolf because he said what really, really needed to be said here in the best way it could have been said. Carter's way of explaining it seemed to be stirring up more trouble.

I am not Lisa, whomever that is.
    Someone who is often accused of posting what Joel tells her to. That's all you need to know.

EDIT: If PB wants to come back later on and respond to the claim, I will be happy to discuss it with him.

That would be cool if he weren't Permbanned...

8. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    As far as the comparison to PB and LMM go; give me a break. PB is a jerk, and made it clearer everyday. He flamed people more than some trolls I've seen and got away with it. It was ridiculous. He should have been banned long before he was, and when/if he comes back, I feel bad for the person that crosses his path. LMM has, from what I have seen of him, been for the most part a pretty good poster and fair mod. He's not the best, but it's not even really his job.

I'd say the text in bold qualifies as a flame. Albiet a low level one.

9. CountDookie

CountDookie Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2001
    Due to the placement of the letters in my small window, it looked like this was being brought by the letters S and B. That made no sense to me, but I assumed that I?d figure it out soon enough When I maximized the window, I suddenly understood. Sorry for that delay in editing this out.

EDIT2: No problem. I'm sorry you had to edit it. I didn't expect that what I'd written would be inappropriate, and I apologize for posting it.

10. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    I'd say the text in bold qualifies as a flame. Albiet a low level one.

Agreed. Stop the PB bashing. He?s gone, that?s enough.

11. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    EDIT: Forget it then. I apologize, Gandolf. [face_plain]

12. FateNaberrie

Jan 31, 2000
    Care to elaborate Count Dookie or are you just trolling?

13. Gandalf the Grey

May 14, 2000
    Nevermind. Thank you. :)

14. Phill

Phill Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 1999
    And I was just about to post my Hitler flame, too. Dang!

15. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    EDIT: Seeing as Stryker edited his, mines is redundant.

16. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Let's just drop it, Indecent, okay? No harm done.

17. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    never mind

18. Gandalf the Grey

May 14, 2000
    Oh and he told us we are allowed to spam our own threads. Is this true?

No.

[reaches for Advil]

19. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    Well he said it was his thread and he could spam it if he wanted, maybe you need colours before you can spam your own thread.

20. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

Does it matter? You spam every other thread.

Uh oh! Please don't demote me! :(

21. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    Hmm gandolfs on the advil ( Junkie ;) ) and Griffz has lost his marbles ( ;) once more ), whats next? LMM putting Dooku in a TPM banner and losing the plo... oh.

22. Gandalf the Grey

May 14, 2000
    I think that this thread has served its purpose. I don?t think that anyone has added anything particularly insightful or intelligent that wasn?t brought up in the first fifty or sixty posts of this thread or in the 200+ posts in the old thread. I?m locking this thread now. If someone has something that they feel is vitally relevant and important, PM myself or another mod and we?ll unlock it.

23. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    I'm re-opening this because there's a point I want to make that I wasn't able to post before it got locked. (Stupid outside world)

People have been talking about the precedent set by Preacherboy. Well, let's examine the precedent set by PB. This is LMM's first offense of anything as a mod. PB's first punishment by the current adminstration, was a Temporary Demotion. He was never, banned. So we can stop all this talk about Ban NoW! discuss later. That's not the way the Adminstration has ever done things. None of PB's punishments when he was a member of staff was done without a discussion first taking place. So that is the precedent that things are working on right now.

All right, back to lock land. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.