main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm sorry but Shia LaBeouf DOES not belong in an Indiana Jones film.

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by starwarsagent, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000
    I'm sorry but Shia LaBeouf DOES not belong in an Indiana Jones film.

Luckily for the audience, Mr. Spielberg is in charge of the movie, not the author of the thread. ;)

Mr. LaBeouf got the job, did the job, and we'll all looking forward to seeing him at the premiere. :cool:

By the way, Shia's had a pretty tough life himself, if you've read much about him, but I still like the guy. He seems pretty down to Earth. He was at a Walgreens at 2:30am.

How middle class American is that?

2. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    spielberg has recently been casting the wrong actors in his movies. He got that annoying girl, to play the daughter of Cruise in war of the worlds. I forgot her name, she messed up the entire movie for me.

3. cbagmjg

cbagmjg Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2006
    That movie was messed up to me the day Tom Cruise came on the scene. Not that he's a bad actor, just that everything he is and stands for is a joke.

4. anakinandpadmedoomed

anakinandpadmedoomed Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2007

i agree about the annoying little girl..but being a tom cruise movie i didnt even see it. he's annoying also.

5. anakinandpadmedoomed

anakinandpadmedoomed Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2007
    He's too young too make these stupid mistakes.
    gosh all that money and no brains..must be nice!;)

6. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    For those that doubt Shia's acting ability, I suggest you watch "A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints." I was driven to tears by his emotional performance in one scene.

7. Palpateen

Apr 26, 2000

I disagree with the premise of this thread. After having seen the film a few times now, I think Shia is a welcome addition to the Indy family. He did a fine job of playing Mutt, and especially enjoy the way he says, "huge" in the scorpion scene. It's very believable.

8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I think Shia's great in this movie, honestly, and I'm glad I didn't pre-judge him and go in ready to hate him. Although I know a lot of people who did still came out liking him. But someone I know IRL who posts at some notorious hater boards like 4chan said he was still getting bashed. Which seems nuts, as I think most people here have agreed he was really good, as have my RL friends.

-sj loves kevin spacey

9. Palpateen

Apr 26, 2000

I kind of expected he'd be good, after I saw his performance in Disturbia.

10. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Shia is the future of Indiana Jones. In fact, I saw a lot of Harrison Ford like qualities in Shia in this film. Lets give him a few more years and 2 new Indy movies and see what you think then.

11. SYKO

SYKO Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2001
    Shia LeBeouf was the only part of the movie that I hated. I loathe him normally but slightly more so in this.

Strilo edit: That word is not allowed in that manner.

12. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    I guess that makes you special.

:)

13. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    He did a good job and I like him a lot more already. In fact I'm glad last night's SNL re-run was the one in which he was guest host. It's so much nicer to see him making fun of himself now that I've seen Indy 4. :cool:

14. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    I thought he did a great job. He or his agent is really picking the right movies to be a part of. Indy, Transformers, Disturbia (which I really enjoyed), and so on.

15. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Don't judge a Steven by an even. Shia has come a long way since his days on Disney. He did great work in this movie. One thing they didn't mess up.

-Seldon

16. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    I thought Even Stevens was terrific actually. I remember I saw that show on TV years ago and thought for such a young kid he's pretty talented, even though the Even Stevens schtick is pretty silly at times.

17. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    I went in with neutral expectations about the Boofinator, and I came out impressed with his performance and persona. I wouldn't mind seeing him in future installments, if such things come to pass.

18. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    Even Stevens was hilarious. But I was so wary of him being in KOTCS. He ended up doing a great job. Of all my complaints for the film, he is not one of them. I thought he would be, but he pulled it off.

-matthew

19. Palpateen

Apr 26, 2000

I was surprised how well he handled a knife and a motorcycle.

20. Kapoof

Kapoof Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2008
    I thought Shia was great in the movie. Just as good of a sidekick as any of the others, and i liked them all a lot.

I don't think he's ready to take over the series though. The reason it works in Crystal Skull is because he's a good contrast to Indy. He's not ready to lead adventures of his own though. Need to bring more of his father out in him first. I'd say they need a couple more movies to make me believe that he's truly ready to follow in his father's footsteps, and to make him as strong of a lead as Indy has been.

21. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Shia did a good job in IV. He is rather talented.

22. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Who knows, maybe they could make a TV series with him. "The Adventures of Young Mutt Jones"... ;)

23. elemental_fantasy

elemental_fantasy Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2006
    HORRIBLE!!!!!! Freakin Nepitism. Shia, does'nt belong in Indy 4 as his character, Mutt Williams Jones...

He did a good job, but did NOT fit his character and that throws one out of the movie, and saga! The Indy saga DOES suffer due to the poor casting choice of Shia in Indy 4. They shoulda went with someone who actually could be some what related to indy, and not just some kid, who is supposed to be 17, but looks 24..?*&(*&^???

All, in all, I love seeing him in Indy 4, but just not as the character he tried to portray, nor with as much screen time. Shoulda been an unknown.

24. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Nepotism? To whom is Shia related?

25. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I've decided Shia LaBeouf does belong in an Indiana Jones film. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.