main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Immunity Challege Week 1

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 5' started by Only-One Cannoli, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I have the same problem malkie. I guess this game is nothing for people with a life in rl.;)

The husband of a friend is actually baker for tarts and stuff - [face_mischief] Too bad I'm not one for really cheating. :(

If it would be possible, could we get an advance warning if we need time in rl for a challenge? [face_batting] I was actually expecting somethign to be done online....[face_blush]

2. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Classical like, ancient Greek and Roman food?

Yeah, I'll take a photo if I cook something nice but I'm not going out of my way to do it. I really thought the challenges would be "online" based, oh well.

3. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    If my sis agrees, we might do something in her place. I can always cobble together wookiee cookies. I could make on that looks like a wookiee - maybe...

4. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    What's the secret ingredient, gerbil hair? :p

5. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    If you look at my one degu, you might as well believe it. Her cagemate keeps plucking out her hair at the neck.[face_laugh]

No, of course, the secret ingredient is Wookiee....[face_devil]

6. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    um yeah

no, I mean taught from the ground up on the basic principles, preparations to dish creation. Correct knives to use, correct methods of cooking and preparation etc etc then maturing on to actually get paid to do it.

doesn't have any impact on my career, although you could argue there is overlap between cooking and drug discovery....... maybe....

7. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I have the same problem as Malkie and Lanna. I'll be away for a good part of the weekend with work and driving to Upstate NY.
    Additionally, my digital camera is not working...so even if I did make something--I can't see of what use it would be.

Hopefully this doesn't undermine my commitment to the game. In any case, I didn't sign up for this to cook. It's a fine task but I don't have the time. Best of luck to everyone else. Sorry I had to opt out (at least I'm bettering everyone's chances.)

-Seldon

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I figured out that I'm going to make a batch of my own recipe--fizzy meatballs. Betcha never thought to make meatballs including Diet Coke.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    I'm not sure if I have photos of anything I ever cooked....:(

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Read up. It says you have to cook it. I've got the ingredients as of this morning, am borrowing my friend's digital camera tomorrow morning.

11. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I have the same problem. I'm leaving from work to go out of town, and will be in a hotel for the next two nights. I can take a picture of something baked from a restaurant! Sorry. :(

12. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Ok now that I'm mentally conscious I'll just let you all know the finer details.

This is for immunity from eviction this week. If you think you're going up for the vote this week, you're going to want this. Some of you *really* want this. Most of you have nothing to worry about. If you don't participate in this - that's fine. You don't lose anything.

Also I'm going to throw this out there - those of you who think you're up for the vote probably aren't, and those who think you're not probably are.

And this part is for

~~*~*~*ARLON*~*~*~~

This has to be made today. You cannot use an old photo of something you've made in the past. That defeats the purpose of this contest.

13. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
  14. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    so what, me and ish are the only ones doing this?

i'm fine with that.

15. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    What are you talking about? I'm making mine right now.

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I've read a thread in the YJCC. I know that as a non-YJCC user, I'm eventually screwed. :p I'm just along for the ride now.

17. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    Well I really made it for father's day, but it's simple yet sweet.

First the making
    [image=http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq346/TheGuardianofArlon/PIC_1024.jpg]

then the baking
    [image=http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq346/TheGuardianofArlon/PIC_1025.jpg]

and now I present to you the...

BIG BROTHER BROWNIE BLAST!!!
    [image=http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq346/TheGuardianofArlon/PIC_1026.jpg]
    [image=http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq346/TheGuardianofArlon/PIC_1027.jpg]

I know its small, but I only had enough stuff to make that dish.
    But I approve of it either way.
    [image=http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq346/TheGuardianofArlon/poster72612643.jpg]

18. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    If someone has tons of free time, I'd recommend a gingerbread BB5 house with gingerbread men for all of us.
    Just a crazy idea that I came up with just now.

Anyway, as I said...I won't be doing the task. So am I up for nomination?

19. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    Nomination to be out or to be safe?

20. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    How could I be nominated to be safe?
    I meant nominated for eviction.

21. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    Depends. We will see soon though.

22. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    To repeat what ALG said:

The challenge is for immunity. If you do the last and post a photo (by the way, Arlon, you didn't take a picture of your username with the brownies, which is one of the requirements), then you're up for immunity. The mods will vote and we'll decide whose entry was the best. That person gets immunity. Means you won't be kicked out yet. If you don't submit, you don't gain anything, but you're not penalized. The 3 people with the most amount of votes will be up for eviction. If you're in the top three but you submitted an entry and won the immunity, you can't be evicted this week. If you didn't submit or didn't win, you might go. But right now, you guys don't know who the three are, so it's in your best interests to submit if you can.

23. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    I'm too broke right now for baking. So, no dice for me.

24. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    i am HIGHLY dissatisfied with how this turns out. as my note dealio says, i should have used fondant, but was way too poor to afford any. :(

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/master_jacen/DSC01198.jpg]

I AM CAPABLE OF SO MUCH BETTER

25. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    I don't think that is very TOS friendly. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.