main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Imperial Destiny (COMPLETED 8/24)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Kanti and Luke's banter was like "your mama ...." except they were "your daddy....." insults! Funny. I see Luke didn't want to kill sith with a red blade. You know Luke, it's just a color, no biggie! ;)

2. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    It seems that Luke has finally learned the truth that the only thing required for evil to rise is for good men to do nothing... But will it be enough?

3. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Yes! Obi-Wan's lightsaber vs. the lightwhip! Now this is a good duel.
    Oh no! Iceheart and Mara...that sounds like a major catfight coming.
    Great tense post!

4. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    lol nice post

5. JEDIMULLIGAN

JEDIMULLIGAN Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2007
    It seems that the Empress is confusing cause and effect. Atrocities do not occur because of idealistic crusades, idealistic crusades are created by atrocities.

6. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    PHGS: You're certainly on the right track if you think Mara's toying with Isard. And it's true, there are issues of trust to be worked out, but the problems are all Kanti's, I would say.

obiwan: Luke still might off Kanti with a Sith saber, since he's now got one for each hand. I didn't intend for the post to be funny, but I can see where humor might be found.

Ocelotl: Yup. It's taken a while to get the idea through his skull, but he's finally realized that if he wants change, he's going to have to stand up and act like a Jedi.

SithGirl: Glad you think so. There's certainly more between those two to come, and we'll be seeing Mara v. Icehart today.

Sil: Glad you liked it.

MULLIGAN: Remember, you're trying to apply normal logic to the Sith. I don't think that's going to work out too often. :D

Okay, here comes the next post!

I should have pushed harder to get them transferred to Lusankya, Ysanne Isard thought as she raced away from the cellblock, or rather, did so as best she could. Her leg had never properly healed after the encounter with the Empress, and as a result, Mara Skywalker would have yet another advantage should the conflict ever reach its climax. Unless, of course, Isard managed to change the rules. But for that to take place, she needed to get to her own ground.

"You can't hide forever, Ysanne," Mara said, her voice carrying through the corridors through which Isard ran. "Sooner or later, I'll find you."

And when you do, Isard thought, I'll be ready. She'd been caught off guard when Mara appeared, not only freed thanks to the efforts of a traitor, who would hopefully learn the price of such actions, but armed as well. "You should have just let your daughter kill you," Isard said, trying to goad Mara into revealing her position. She could hear the hum of the lightsaber, but couldn't see it.

"Ah, but she didn't," Mara said, her voice still carrying from the shadows. "But you would have liked that, wouldn't you, Ysanne? You would have enjoyed seeing how that would have destroyed Luke. Might even have allowed you to take control of the Jedi, and one day, seize the throne for yourself."

"I'm an advisor, nothing more," Isard lied. "I have no designs on the throne, and never have."

"Shame on you, Ysanne," Mara said, and Isard could almost envision her standing there, wagging one finger, like a mother scolding a recalcitrant child. "I know what you've been plotting, how you already sought to seize power. But it isn't going to happen."

"It's not going to happen because the Empress made me see the error of my ways," Isard said. "Ive accepted my place, and will not seek to challenge the power of the Sith."

"But you didn't learn your lesson," Mara said, and Isard realized she could no longer hear the hum of the lightsaber. In fact, she couldn't hear any sign of Mara, other than the sound of her voice. And it longer echoed, as if she no longer needed to project it.

"And why would that be?" Isard asked, hoping that she'd still be able to draw the Jedi out from the concealing darkness.

"Because you're never going to leave this building," Mara said, igniting the lightsaber and revealing herself at the same time. "Only one of us is walking out of here, and I'd say that I have the upper hand."

"You forget one thing, Jade," Isard said, her voice a sneer, and devoid of any respect. "I helped design this place. And do you really think I hadn't foreseen the need to contain a Jedi?"

Mara's lightsaber snapped up, deflecting the bolt of a hidden blaster. Another fired, and again, Mara blocked. But a third bolt lanced out, catching her in the knee. "You were right about one thing, Jade," Isard said. "only one of us is walking out of here."

++++++++++++

That's all for now. More will be coming Monday.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

7. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    oh! Mara! lol got to love iceheart, great post as always!

Phgs Weyr

8. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    OOH-- Mara just got pinged.. uh oh!

Thanks again for the frequent posts

9. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    PHGS: I wouldn't worry too much about Mara. Even wounded, she can take Iceheart easily.

Ocelotl: Yup, Mara got pinged.

Here comes the next postie!

Sunlight began to replace the gloom of the caverns, and for just a moment, Alora had to shield her eyes as she emerged from the tunnels that had become so comfortable over the last few days. She wondered if what she felt now was similar to what those sentenced to walk in the Bright Lands felt. As her eyes adjusted to the light, she looked over her shoulder. The expressions of the commandos were hidden by their helmets, but the troopers, not to mention the civilians, looked astonished by what they saw.

"So where have the Vong gone?" one asked. "It looks like they simply took over, then left."

"I abandoned my home for nothing," another civvies said. "I spent days down in those caverns, only to find that I had nothing to fear."

"I thought the Empire was supposed to?" another began, but Alora turned, summoning her lightsaber to her hand as she did so.

"You imply that the Empire has done nothing to protect you," she said. "Yet do you think the Vong would have left if the Empire hadn't arrived to drive them away? Have you considered the thought that the enemy might actually think they have control of the planet, and that is why it seems so peaceful?" She stepped back. "Consider your words, and their meaning before you speak again." Then she turned, and crouched, looking towards the capital, beyond the spaceport.

"What is it, Master?" Xinos said, squatting down beside her.

"I don't know," Alora replied. "Something doesn't feel right. I still sense holes in the Force, holes that to me scream 'Yuuzhan Vong.' But if the Vong are still here, why aren't they attacking? They should have made themselves known by now."

"Perhaps it is as you said," V'Noth said, stepping forward. "Perhaps they think they've pacified the planet."

"Yet they detailed a team to hunt the civilians you rescued," Alora replied. "There's a greater game being played out. Hiding in the caverns has robbed us of a current state of affairs."

"Either the Empire's been victorious, or they've withdrawn," Zeth said. "Thrawn wouldn't waste his men on a battle he couldn't win. But I wouldn't count him out, either."

"One way or another, we need to gain an idea of the current situation," V'Noth said. "I don?t like the idea of bringing the civilians with us, as we may not like what we discover." Alora turned, looking back towards the group, cowed a little by her diatribe.

"We certainly can't leave them here, alone," Zeth said. "And you're going to need all the help you can get if you do run into the Vong."

"I'll stay with them, sir," Sarkin said, stepping forward. "You're going to need muscle more than stealth if you run into the Vong. My skills would be better used in helping hide the civilians."

"It would seem we have our answer," Alora said. "Ms. Sarkin, you realize that you could wind up stranded, should we fail."

"I suppose I'd rather be stranded and free," she replied. "Besides, I don?t think you'll fail."

"You sound rather certain," V'Noth said, and Alora thought she heard some question in the commando's filtered voice.

"Let's just say I have a hunch," she said, refusing to divulge anything further.

"Very well," Zeth said. "May the Force be with you."

"May it be with you, Colonel. You'll need it more than I will."

++++++++++++

More action from Chandrila to come on Wednesday.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

10. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Cmon mara

According to a quote from one of my favorite non-SW movies, ONe shall stand. One shall fall. :D

11. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    Again a great post... almost enought to get me wondering about the Vong... Almost... so how about a nice post where Kanti learns why Luke should be feared by a Sith.

12. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Sil: Trust me, Mara's going to make Isard pay for that.

Ocelotl: Glad you liked that post, but unfortunately, we won't be seeing Luke again until Monday of next week at the earliest. I will promise you a Skywalker in Friday's post, however.

Okay, here comes the post for tonight!

Dannika saw the last of the slaves penned, then turned to the few shapers and priests that she'd assembled. "Any further projects that you have underway that might be able to help us?" she asked the shapers. "Or rights that need performing?" she asked the priests.

"That would depend on your intentions," one of the priests said. "There are certain rights if these?slaves?are to be sacrificed."

"They are unworthy of sacrifice," one of the other priests said. "You profane our gods if you offer these weaklings as sacrifices."

Dannika glanced towards the pens, where the slaves clawed at the hastily erected fences keeping them together. She felt nothing for them, as they had, even when given the opportunity, refused to accept the true path. But before all was done, they would understand the truth. "I do not propose that they be sacrificed to Yun-Yammka or Yun-Yuuzhan. They are indeed unworthy of such an honor. But surely there is something that would have been done for them when they were prepared for their final pain."

"Pain foreseen is pain unembraced," the first priest said. "Surely Korinda Cha taught you that before she left on her hunt."

"She did indeed, but there are rites where a Yuuzhan Vong is concerned."

"These," the priest gestured towards the pen with a sneer, "are not Yuuzhan Vong. They are infidels, who should be on the front lines as cannon fodder, rather than wasting our warriors."

"Yet our warriors did not see it that way," Dannika said. "Soon enough, those who escaped will emerge from hiding. I trust everything has been prepared for our final stand?" she turned now to the few Shamed Ones she had commandeered to oversee the preparation for her stand. She placed them under the command of Jovin Ghul, who had only now returned to her side.

"They have, Commander," Jovin said. "When you give the word, the truth will be revealed." His tone told her that he didn't like what he had been commanded to do, but he feared her wrath too much to disobey her.

"Very well. Release the Shamed Ones?"

"Commander!" one of the priests shouted. "The Shamed Ones have been condemned by the gods. They do not deserve to survive while honored Yuuzhan Vong die without need. They should be part of the spectacle you have prepared!"

Dannika reached out to seize the priest's robeskin. "You do not consider yourself an honored Yuuzhan Vong? I do not see you standing with the warriors." She turned away, looking towards the hills around the spaceport. "But the point is, I believe, of no interest. For here, if I am correct, are those for whom we shall provide a final lesson."

Approaching from the hills, moving with caution, were a dozen and half infidels. Dannika stepped forward. One of them separated, moving forward, and as she approached, a blazing lightsaber appeared in her hand. "Your day has come, vermin," the Twi-lek woman said. "Your conquest is at an end."

"It is good that you have come, jeedai," Dannika said, stepping away from the pens. "It is only acceptable that you be here to learn the truth of the Yuuzhan Vong." She turned to look back at the pens. "Jovin, execute your charge."

++++++++++++

That's all for now. More to come Friday!

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

13. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    ah dissension within the Yuuzhie ranks

14. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    This is getting more and more tense, and I see a dramatic ending. Mara/Iceheart duel is so scary! Poor Mara!

15. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Sil: Dissention that could be their downfall...

SithGirl: Yup, and the tension's bound to get a little higher before I let everything come down to rest.

Thanks for the nom, whoever it was. That being said, here comes the next post, as we drop back in on, well, you'll see.

Isard stepped forward, standing over Mara, Who had dropped to her knees. "I always knew this moment would come, Jade," Isard said, slipping one hand under Mara's chin and forcing it upward, exposing Mara's throat. "I always told Her Imperial Majesty that you Jedi were dangerous, that sooner or later, you would turn on her. It has happened before, and I knew that given time, you would attempt to break away from the Empire."

Isard smiled, but there was nothing pleasurable about it. The smile was sickening, akin to the smile of a predator who has its prey helpless, but has decided to toy with it, rather than simply kill it. "So kill me, and be done with it," Mara said, her lip curling in disgust.

"Oh, but that would let you off too easily," Isard said, that sick smile growing broader. "I want to see you beg for your life, or rather, the pitiful scraps that will be left of it when I've finished with you. Perhaps I'll even suggest that the Empress have you committed to Lusankya. I'm certain that I could find some use for you."

"I'd rather die than beg for anything from you," Mara said, and spat at Isard. The other woman wiped the spittle from the jacket of her scarlet Grand Admiral's uniform.

"And here I expected more of you. Perhaps you Jedi aren't as formidable as I thought," Isard said. She motioned to the shadows behind Mara, and a pair of stormtroopers stepped forward, their armored sleeves not the white of the standard stormtroopers, but a bloody crimson: Isard's personal guard. "Take this prisoner to Lusankya. I shall discover how the Empress would prefer she be disposed of."

She released Mara's chin, and for just the briefest of moments, Mara let her head fall. Then she moved. Her lightsaber swept out, taking the legs of both stormtroopers, and the lightest for Force-pushes dumped both onto their backs. Mara leapt up, ignoring the pain in her leg, and crashed into Isard, taking her down. With her good knee planted firmly on Isard's chest, Mara looked down into the mismatched gaze of her opponent.

"I am more than you expected, Isard, if you thought a few blaster bolts would take me out of the fight. But you made one mistake, the same mistake you always seem to make. You tried to let your tongue do your fighting for you. You really should have killed me when you hade the opportunity."

"This isn't over, Jade," Isard said, her voice soft, but just a little pained. Mara couldn't help but smile, and press just a little harder with her knee.

"Much as you may enjoy hearing yourself talk, Isard, I don?t find much pleasure in the experience," Mara said. "And in my opinion, you've always talked too much. Thankfully, by attacking me, you've given me cause to ensure that I don?t have to repeat the experience." Mara brought the lightsaber down, and watched as the light faded from Isard's eyes.

The she rose, turned to look at the two stormtroopers. "You chose the wrong side, this time." Then she looked back to the fallen Director of Imperial Intelligence. "I told you only one of us was walking out of here."

++++++++++++

That's all for now. Think Monday sounds like a good time to check in in Luke?

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

16. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Yes! Mara won! That is so nice. what a tricky battle! Great job and congratulations on the nom!

17. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Oh! Mara was great there! I love how she took down Isard! Cool stuff! :cool: =D=

18. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    SithGirl: I don't think there was ever any doubt that Mara was going to be the one to walk out. Glad you liked the short fight between the Hand and the Director.

obiwan: You expected less from the Emperor's Hand?

Okay, let's hop back to Luke.

The lightwhip snapped forward, and Luke just managed to avoid the weapon's searing kiss. She's got a distinct advantage here, Luke thought, and couldn't help but admit that the Empress had chosen the perfect place for this confrontation. She could drive Luke back, forcing him towards the cell, and then she'd have not only Luke, but Iella and Leia also at her mercy. I've got to choose my own location for this, or I'm going to lose, Luke realized. But to do that, he was going to have to drive the Empress back.

"You know there's only one way this can end," Kanti said, smiling slyly. "Perhaps you should make it easier on yourself. Lay down your blades, and I promise you a quick death."

"And leave you in charge of the galaxy?" Luke asked. "I can't do that. Too much damage has been done in your reign, Empress. It's past time that reign came to an end." Luke deactivated the crimson blade he'd carried as Kanti's servant, hooking it at his belt.

"You speak well, Skywalker, yet you deny yourself the advantage of your second blade. I suppose you require further instruction after all." She drew the whip back, and cracked it forward, aiming at Luke's legs. But Luke had been waiting, and as the whip came forward, he caught it with Obi-Wan's blade.

"You and your father taught me many things," Luke said. "Some of them, it turns out, have actually been worth my attention." He extended his hand, and from his fingertips leapt an volley of green-white lightning. The blast slammed into the Empress, driving her back, even as Luke disengaged Obi-Wan's blade from Kanti's lightwhip.

"You step dangerously close to the Dark Side, Skywalker," Kanti said, shaking off the effect of the blast. "But two can play at that game." She launched her own blast, the more familiar purple-white lightning of the Dark Side. Luke expected this, and caught it, returning the blast as another volley of green-white lightning.

"You see, I don?t need to want my opponents dead," Luke said. "But I'm afraid that if death is the only way to force you from the throne, then killing you is something I may have to do."

"But that isn't the Jedi way, is it?" Kanti said. "You're supposed to seek justice, not revenge."

"My action would not be revenge," Luke said. "How much blood is on your hands, Empress? How many have died so that you could hold onto your power?" With each comment, Luke fired a blast of lightning, driving the Sith Lady back. He finally forced the Empress into the lift lobby, and she slid to one side, out of his direct line of fire. The lobby offered Luke a bit more room to maneuver, and he ignited the crimson blade once more. "Shall we put an end to this?"

"If that is what you seek, traitor. But do not expect an easy death, for the time for that has passed. Now, I shall enjoy every moment of your torment. And when I have defeated you, you shall watch as I bend the galaxy once more to my will."

++++++++++++

That's all for now. I'll begin wrapping up the Chandrila plotline on Wednesday.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

19. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    ohhh lightening.... Fry the cow Luke!

Great set of updates!

PHGS Weyr

20. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Bold, exciting Luke...YES! Attack Luke, take her down! [face_dancing] I like how his Force lightening is still green and not darkside.

21. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    Yipes, Luke is using some pretty heady stuff. I do like the green lightning though. I wonder where he practiced it though. I was relieved to see Mara survive.

The next question will be what happens to the heir to the empress eh? Perhaps the Vong can snack on him.

22. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    wow first kick-butt Mara and then the cow-frying Luke! awesome :D

23. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    PHGS: So you'd like to see Kanti reduced to McSith???

obiwan: Now, now, we don;t want Luke attacking too much. That leads to the Dark Side...

Ocelotl: Yup, Luke's definitely using some heady stuff. As for practicing, he probably worked on the skill we he could get away from Imperial Center.

Sil: Mara should always be kicking butt and taking names, and I think it's about time Luke starting unleashing his full power, don't you?

Okay, here comes the next post!

"What a waste," Grand Admiral Thrawn said as he strode through the remains of Halla City spaceport. The ground was coated in a fine ash, all that remained of those trapped in the spaceport when the Yuuzhan Vong had detonated their explosives. It was odd, Thrawn thought, that they had sacrificed themselves so. He knew they would fight to the death, but even the Grand Admiral could not have predicted this act of self-destruction.

"Admiral, we've collected the civilians, and will begin to try and return them to their homes," a young major said. "Colonel Fel is debriefing both Colonel Durron and the Chandrilan commanders. We should have a fairly good idea what happened here." He swallowed.

"Continue, Major," Thrawn said, his voice even, his glowing eyes locking on those of his subordinate.

"It's the Jedi, sir. What are we to do with him?"

"The Jedi?" Thrawn asked. "I thought the Jedi was among the dead."

"The woman was. Apparently, she had brought her apprentice along. He refuses to allow our troops anywhere near the body."

"Interesting," Thrawn said, cocking one eyebrow. "Has he given any reason?"

"He says that it is a Jedi matter, and requests that we leave him alone. I've got a squadron on standby to arrest him, if need be."

"There is no need for such action," Thrawn said. "You will have the reports from Colonel Fel's debriefing of the others. I doubt there is much this Jedi could provide that would shed further light upon this incident."

"Admiral, with all due respect?"

"I shall speak to the Jedi myself. Should he have anything to add, I will include it in my own report to the Empress. I believe that all, Major." Thrawn strode away, leaving the major standing there, datapad in hand. For a moment, it looked as if the major was going to push the situation. Then he shook his head, and headed back to the shuttle that had brought him down from the Chimeara.

Xinos had rushed the side of his Master, his robes singing from the heat of the explosion. He'd cradled her body as she fell, her face lacerated from multiple wounds. "Master," he said, his voice hoarse from the noxious smoke and his eyes tearing, either from the smoke or from emotion, he couldn't be sure.

"Xinos," Alora said, her voice barely more than a whisper. She offered her apprentice a faint smile. "I guess?I won't?get to chide you?for that?" Her head dropped back as her voice trailed off, her eyes rolling up. Xinos reached to the Force, and felt her fade.

"Master!" he cried, and now, he knew the tears were tears of grief. He felt his Master pass into the Force, but continued to cling to her remains. He turned his face to the sky and screamed, his scream almost like one of the damned. He drew the body of his Master into one final embrace.

He was still in that position, his robes sooty, ash clinging to his topknot, when Grand Admiral Thrawn approached. "Excuse me, Master Jedi," Thrawn said.

"I'm not a Jedi," Xinos said, looking up. The white uniform must have registered with thim, ans he finally let the body of the Twi-lek, presumably his master, slump to the ground. He stood. "Admiral."

"Understood, Padawan," Thrawn said, risking a guess. "I shall be preparing my report for the Empress. Is there anything you wish to add to the official record?"

"Simply that Master Alora gave her life trying to save innocent civilians of the Empire. She gave her life as a Jedi should," Xinos said, trying to keep his voice from cracking. He would not cry in front of the

24. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    aww, poor Xinos, great examination on the depth of the bond that develops between master and apprentice. =D= it was most excelent, and yes i'll take a McSith to go please :D

25. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Poor Xinos....:( Thrawn was rather elegant there. I don't know Thrawn well since I never read TTT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.