main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In love with Luminara

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by Technoviper, Jun 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technoviper

Technoviper Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    Boys and girls, I have fallen madly in love with Jedi Master Luminara Unduli. There can be no other woman for me.

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    That's great, Technoviper, except for one little thing...She's a Jedi and you're just a regular joe, so to speak. You know about Jedi and their code. Sorry to break it to you, my friend. ;)

Darn Jedi Code! :p

3. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Hey...George HAS implied that there's nothing against, um, relations. Just not attachments!

Let him have his fun. After all, Obi-Wan Kenobi is going to swear undying love for me any time now! 8-}

4. Technoviper

Mar 12, 2002
    Along those lines... Luminara's padawan, Bariss Offee, is pretty hot, too. Do you think that there's maybe a chance....?

:p

5. Kin-Char-Bamin

Kin-Char-Bamin Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2002
    Nalina Krishan (Barriss) is very hot, I had a chance to party with her in Indy and she is very sweet (and she can shake her booty too). But sorry, she is unavailable. Amy Allen (Aayla Secura), is pretty hot too. Hmm, who would have thought that there would be hot female Jedi? Gotta hand it to George, he know's how to pick them!!!

6. Technoviper

Mar 12, 2002
    Oh, there's no doubt that Aayla is a hottie... And I've always thought that Adi Gallia was pretty smokin', too...

Maybe someone should do a calender... "The Women of the Jedi Order". There could be a version for the ladies as well, with Obi-Wan, Mace, Anakin, and Yoda in Speedos or firemen's outfits or something. On second thought, can you picture Plo Kloon in a pair of Speedos? Yikes.

Still, it's a big galaxy out there, with a wide range of tastes...

:p

7. Kin-Char-Bamin

Mar 3, 2002
    Calender, Good.
    Plo Koon in a Speedo, bad, very, very bad.

8. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Plo Koon in a Speedo, bad, very, very bad.

I heartily agree. ;)

9. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    I'm thrilled there are so many women Jedi, now. I'm campaigning for a collection of short stories about the ladies. (I'd really like to see whole books, but we all know THAT would never happen.)

And the idea about the Men of Star Wars. Likin' that. Most definitely! 8-}

10. Kin-Char-Bamin

Mar 3, 2002
    Did anyone ever read Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter? It has to be one of the best Star Wars Novels I have ever read (outside of the novelizations of the movies). The young Female Jedi Padawan (Darsha Assant)just really rocked. I could not put this book down and was really sad when I finished it, I wanted more! It's one book that I would love to see as a movie.

11. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I read "Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter" several months ago. I found it to be highly entertaining and I was also impressed by how the character of Darsha Assant was written. It was the first Star Wars book that I had read in which a female Jedi is a main character. Since then, I have read "The Approaching Storm," which prominently features Luminara Unduli and Bariss Offee.

A "Men of the Jedi Order" calendar would indeed be appreciated, as long as Plo Koon and Yoda are not featured in speedos. :p

12. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Okay, I must have different taste from everyone because, except for the female Jedi, I really didn't like "Shadow Hunter."

I had a lot of trouble getting into the story. I didn't like the structure of it. And it seemed like the movie characters who were used were just thrown in as cameos. (I can handle a story without movie characters, if it's written well. But that's just a beef I have with Del Rey.)

Plus, the gratuitous use of large vocabulary. That always irks me.

And when did I turn this into a book discussion when the real topic is the good-looking folks of the GFFA? [face_blush]

13. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Back to topic here, I have to say that I am strangely attracted to Shaak Ti. Can't explain it. I mean, the blacked out eyes, the tentacles...maybe in a galaxy far, far away it could happen? ;)

14. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
  15. Technoviper

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm with ya there, Jace. Any woman with tentacles is worth her weight in gold.

Rosie, I agree with you about Shadow Hunter. Frankly, I think Darth Maul is much cooler the less we actually know about him.

As for female Jedi, I, too was glad to see a bunch of them in action. I'd also like to see a female fighter pilot be a central character, like some of the ones in the Rogue Squadron books. But I guess with only one more movie in the works...

Well, I'll always have Jania Solo...

16. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Shaak Ti...I could see that.

Another interesting Jedi with tentacles is the dude with the all-green head and big, black eyes. He just seems cool.

I don't think it's the tentacles, or even the eyes. He has a great smile and moves well.

17. NOOM

NOOM Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2002
    i liked shadow hunter to
    though i thought it could have centered in on
    darth maul since it was darth maul : shadow hunter
    it should have been called a scoundral,his robot,and a female jedi : shadow hunter
    do i sound bitter oh well that is just my opinion i could be wrong

18. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I can see it all now - the women of Star Wars - on a calendar - or better yet, the women of the Jedi Council .... tastefully done with clothing on , of course, stylish and contemporary .... possibly used as a fund raiser for city events and advertisement for the clubs.... :D

Seriously, there's enough classic beauty from the ladies to go around the universe from Hothlanta alone :)

19. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Ooo...he gives compliments. Can we keep him? [face_love]

I would like the Women of Star Wars Calendar. I've actually tried to talk Shelly Shapiro (DelRey) into giving us a book of short stories featuring the Ladies. I got a "hmmm" out of her, so I suspect that means we'll never see it.

20. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I have taught the South Region City Reps well. ;)

A book of short stories featuring the women of Star Wars would be cool. But, like RosieWook said, we'll probably never see it.

21. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    I can see it all now - the women of Star Wars - on a calendar - or better yet, the women of the Jedi Council .... tastefully done with clothing on , of course, stylish and contemporary .... possibly used as a fund raiser for city events and advertisement for the clubs....
    -- So this is where that challenge came from ;)

22. NOOM

NOOM Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2002
    has anyone mitioned that luminara is going to be at dragon con
    her real name is mary oyaya
    she has her own web site
    www.maryoyaya.com
    noom :eek:ut

23. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Yeah, her agent is a member of our FanForce. Details are here ;)

24. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    I had the pleasure of meeting her at Celebration. Nice lady. How cool that she's coming!

25. Technoviper

Mar 12, 2002
    oh! Oooh! Can we invite her to dinner? Huh? Can we?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.