main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Information Needed: Qui-Gon/Xanatos

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Daughter_Of_TheForce, Dec 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    In the JA series, I need to know how and when Xanatos' apprenticeship with Qui-Gon ended and its aftermath, especially how it affected Qui-Gon's relationship with Obi-Wan. In which books is this mentioned?

2. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    It is not mentioned in any of the books, at least as far as I know, except small bits. It is unknown when Xanatos turned to the dark side. But as to how it effected Qui-gon's relationship with Obi-wan. It is mentioned that Qui-gon was very fatherly and open with Xanatos, but after his betrayal, Qui-gon mostly closed off and has difficulty trusting another person with his feelings. Thus he is a bit cold toward Obi-wan, which is one of the reasons he didn't except him as a Padawan to begin with because he was afaird of being hurt again and also why after Obi-wan's betrayel, he was even more remote. Hope that helps!

3. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Thanks for the info!

4. Artemis_Silverbow

Artemis_Silverbow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2001
    It's been awhile since I read the beginning of the JA series, but I seem to recall that Xanatos' and Qui-Gon's history was discussed in book #2-The Dark Rival. As for how it effects the relationship between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan...you might want to read all the books! But especially up through #8-The Day of Reckoning.

5. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    If you go to the Databank on StarWars.com, and enter a search on Xanatos, it will provide a link to Qui-Gon's EU page I believe. That explains a bit more about what happened between Qui-Gon and Xanatos. It was related to Xanatos's family.

Here's a link Qui-Gon

6. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    That pretty much sums it up, expect it leaves out some parts on what happened after Xanatos's fall from Grace...

Spoilers for JA books...

Xanatos
    comes back and kidnaps Obi-wan while he is one Baromdeer (Sp?) and Qui-gon manages to save Obi-wan a split second before he is almost killed.Xanatos all makes another appearnace in "The captive Temple" where he tries to blow up the temple and gains bruck as his ally. Xanatos last appearance is in "The Day of Reckoning" when he gets killed and that is the last of him, there is no way that he could still be alive after what happened to him.

That is what happened to Him after he turned to the darkside according to the Jedi apprentice books, I hope that this helps you, ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.