main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA INLAND EMPIRE FF MEMBERS - ROLL CALL - CHECK IN HERE

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Aug 2, 2004.

1. HWNJEDI

HWNJEDI Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2007
    Aloha from Ontario California!

My name is Keawe Santiago (The first name is pronounced Kee-Ah-Vay, I know, it's a hard Hawaiian word)

ABOUT ME: I am an avid old-school collector of anything Star Wars. I have an extensive collection that most people dream about. I also collect Sports Memorabilia, I'm a fan of University of Hawaii Football(Go Warriors!), Raiders Football, I work at Bass Pro Shops as a department manager. I apologize for not keeping up with the club so I feel as if I'm a new member starting over.

I am happy to be a part of this awesome club and I hope to meet everyone soon. Please keep me informed of the upcoming meetings and events. I saw a few members at Frank & Sons a few times for the Star Wars Signing events there and that's how I found out about this Fan Force. Thanks!

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Welcome! Keep an eye on our threads for info about events/meetings! We have one this weekend, check out the apple picking thread!

3. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Aloha Keawe!

Welcome to the club! I thought when you said you worked at the Bass pro shop you were going to say you saw us acting all crazy the day we went there all together after our meeting, haha!!!

Santiago? Sounds like you are a hapa kid? My three girls are. Husband's family is from the Islands.

Yes, you should start hanging with us, we are a fun group!

Mahalo for checking back in with us. See you around,

Minda

4. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Welcome, Keawe! Come out and hang with us on Saturday!

5. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Welcome to Jendi and HWNJEDI!! I'm sorry that I didn't notice either of your posts earlier!! If possible, it would be great if you could meet us for apple picking on Saturday. We're a really fun group and always have a blast no matter what we're doing!

Hope to meet both of you soon!

Welcome to our brand of InsANiTy!!

6. Darth_Cookie_Monster

Darth_Cookie_Monster Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2008
    Name: Kevin

SW Related Interests: Lots! I've read just about all of the star wars books and comic book. although I usually prefere the "classic era" as apposed to the "old republic era" stuff. and from the meeting I went to in nov, I seem to be one of the more informed star wars geeks there!(that's kinda cool) Aside from the books/comics I collect a lot of the action figs, but mainly of the charaters that I like or want to repaint. my absolutly favorite charaters are the sand troopers, my room is filled with shelves with dioaramas with sand troopers, dewbacks, jawas and droids! It is my one day hope to become a member of the 501st as a sandtrooper, so that leads me into my last interest, costuming.

Non-SW Related Interests: my main "other" activity would be the Ren faire, I've been doing that for about 20 years now! so you can pretty much do a count down as to when I'm going to get together a SW costume, the big thing for me right now is deciding on which one to start off with! I also like going to disneyland, I usually have an annual passport but I couldn't afford one this year but I am looking forward to getting one next year. and lastly, I enjoy playing Warhammer. the actual "board game" version, not the online thing. the main armies I use are either Dwarfs or Ogers.

How did you get started on SW: my first Star Wars experence came from winning a raffle in 3rd grade and the prize was a field trip of the teachers choosing. he choose a movie, aside from his saying it was child approate I knew nothing about it. turns out it was Empire Strikes Back and I couldn't tear my eyes from the screen. we were late so we came in on the sceane were luke is hanging in the wompas came and I couldn't stop asking questions to the person next to me about what was happening.

as we walked out of the movie I asked what was the name of the movie and what type of movie was it. I was told Star Wars and it was science ficton. I've been hooked ever since.

7. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Welcome to the boards Kevin!!

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Hey Kevin! Glad you signed up!

9. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Welcome Kevin!

10. Darfy

Darfy Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2008
    Hello peoples

My Name is Alex. I'm glad to have found this bastion of star wars fans so close to my house! I'm a huge star wars fan, and am currently going through the EU books.
    I am a fulltime musician for a living, and I hope to meet some of you very soon

So there it is. Thanks!

11. Darth_McCain

Darth_McCain Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 14, 2008
    Hello everyone from the IE. I am Kevin and am a Star Wars nerd. Feels good to get it off my chest.

12. Darfy

Darfy Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2008
    Haha! Hey Kevin!

I too am a star wars nerd!

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Welcome aboard Kevin and Alex. If you're a SW nerd and proud of it, you've come to the right place. Please keep an eye on the boards to see when our January meeting is. Since we were up in Victorville in December, we'll probably have it "down the hill" in January.

14. tk1389

tk1389 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2008
    Hello again, I've been looking here for a bit now and I think I finally learned how to use the forum.

Well thanks for having me here and hope to get to meet you all at a meeting. I'm finally getting back on track as work has had me running all over town. but hey can't complain if it feeds me.

15. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Welcome newbs! Find us on facebook and myspace too!

16. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Wow, you're boards are soo much more active than ours. I've been nominated to be LAFF CR, and if elected, I'm gonna try and get some new blood in, hopefully. Maybe get a multi FF gathering going or join another FF's gathering to show some solidarity.

Anyways, I'm just dropping by to say hi! I hope to see you guys again this year besides the John Williams concert.

17. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Hi Sol_Jedi,
    Thanks for visiting our boards. Yeah we are a fun group, lol! Or is it a funny group... Well, both apply for sure!
    We are very active and do lots of things club and non club related. Come hang out sometime...
    Look forward to meeting you,
    Minda

18. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Of course I will. JF and Jangosmom know I'm always up for hanging out with the IEFF peeps. I've been to one of your gatherings and met up with some of you when there's an event here in L.A. or at San Diego Comic Con. As soon as I get my car back, I'll try and come out, school schedule permitting, and join you guys sometime.

19. benct7

benct7 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    Hello Fans. My name is Ben. It was great to see a few pics of fans in the high desert. I have a house full of young ones looking for some star wars gatherings so we will try to make it to some of the gatherings. I have 2 questions. Where do I get directions to the march meeting, and does anybody know the best day to attend San Diego Comic Con. I have found a few hints around the web that fridays are usually the unofficial star wars day, but I would like to make the trip worth it if I knew which day was best for a die hard Star Wars Fan. Thanks.

20. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Welcome Ben!

I've answered your question about the meeting in the meeting thread. :)

Friday is Star Wars day at Comic-Con. I believe they hold their SW-related panels and such on that day, so if that's what you're looking for, you should probably go on that day. Really though, any day is a blast as there's so much to see in the main hall, Star Wars and everything else under the sun. You really want to make sure not to wait too long to get your tickets; the 4-day passes have sold out and they do sell out totally every year. Hope that helps!

21. pilot_darklight

pilot_darklight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2006
    Name: Doug
    SW Related Interests: I collect differnt things, not specific to any one thing. I am big on fan-films, being a wannabe filmaker myself. Also I listen to two great podcasts: the ForceCast, and Imperial Holonet Radio.
    Non-SW Related Interests: I am a big movie fanatic (all aspects: watching, making, reviewing). I am also a big computer guy.
    How did you get started on SW: I have been a Star Wars fan since I can remember.

22. sesameguy

sesameguy Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2009
    Hi everybody- It's great to join the IEFF and keep in contact fellow Star Wars fans. I grew up with the movies and enjoy them a lot.

I sort of joined "accidentally" by looking up information about Star Wars & realizing that there were fans relatively close by. I've enjoyed peeking at the posts and seeing how much fun you've had on trips. I definitely would love to visit Disneyland again with you guys!

I have many other interests that you can read about on my blog. I invite you to scroll down the page to the May 2009 archives to read my thoughts about both Star Wars trilogies! I have more Star Wars-related stuff to write about as well, so I'll try to alert you when I've posted something Star-Wars related.

http://heroshaven.blogspot.com

Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you in person at later events. In the meantime, I look forward to reading your posts and keeping in touch!

-Steve

23. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    Welcome Steve! I'm glad you think we're fun even though you haven't even met us yet. Hopefully we don't scare you away in-person.

24. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Welcome to the IEFF!!!! Always nice to meet a fellow fan. :)

25. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Welcome Welcome!