main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Inserting the Deleted scenes back into the movie

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by sithlord2049, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithlord2049

sithlord2049 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    Hey guys, I dunno if there is thread about this somewhere, if there is just let me know and you can lock this little thread up.

Ok...has anyone here or does anyone know of a place where someone took the deleted scenes and reinserted them back into the actual movie? Is there an actual place where you can download AOTC with these scenes back in?

I'm watching these scenes again now and just kinda curious how they'd look in the actual cut of the film.

Thanks to anyone who can help out.

2. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    I would like to see that too.

3. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    Indeedy. Could be fun.

4. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    Has anyone seen such a cut of the movie? I would like to know whether the Padmes family scenes would work within the context of the film itself and whether they would indeed deepen the relationship between Anakin and Padme as I think they would. The scenes worked within the context of the story for the novelization but a book is different from the movie. The scenes themselves were well acted as well. I liked how Padme suddenly pulled that massive stick out of her butt and started loosening up. I liked how Solas sisterly jibes caused Padme to show that she regards Anakin as more than just a friend and that she is longing for a family of her own. Besides I love those little girls chasing Artoo around.

5. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    The film would be sooooooo slow with those scenes inserted. I don't know if anyone has tried it out, though.

Deleted scenes - there's a good reason
    /LM

6. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    They could cut out the Queen Jamilla scenes to balance it out. What did the Jamilla scenes do other than establish that Nute Gunray has been through multiple trials? Nothing really. The Padme scenes are better for her character.

7. Lars_Muul

Oct 2, 2000
    The Jamillia scene is a transition scene which intensifies Anakin and Padmé's relationship. I think it really should be there.

Queens - some are beautiful
    /LM

8. Tatooine_Fireman

Tatooine_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    I did a fan-edit of AOTC (puts on flameshield) but what you're saying sounds like a good idea, sithlord2049! I think I am going to give it a try!

9. DookuIsTyranus

DookuIsTyranus Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    It's a fairly good idea I think too, except I remembered something about one particular scene from the deleted scenes that is kind of aggravating. I'm referring to the Naboo courtyard Anakin and Padme conversation as they head to the palace. In the edited film version, it has an original Williams cue. Yet, when viewing the complete version of this scene from the deleted scenes, I noticed that the music in the complete version was tracked in from mostly the lake country balcony scene from later in the movie. Arghh! That would be the tradeoff, if someone were to splice the complete version in versus the edited version-the original music would be gone.

10. sithlord2049

sithlord2049 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    "I did a fan-edit of AOTC (puts on flameshield) but what you're saying sounds like a good idea, sithlord2049! I think I am going to give it a try!"

That'd be awesome if you can do it Tatooine Fireman. And if it's possible I'd like to see it too! I really think all those scenes would work nicely. Except the extended version of Anakin and Padme walking to the Palace or whatnot, I dunno, maybe it would work.

Hope you do it. :D

11. darthsmozers

darthsmozers Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2000
    las tnight and tonight i spent time watching the deleted scenes from TPM and AOTC. In TPM, the fight needs to go back it. it works so well! In AOTC, most of the deleted scenes are good! The family scene IS very well-acted and adds depth to their relationship.

12. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I would like to see them in the movie.

13. Lars_Muul

Oct 2, 2000
    In TPM, the fight needs to go back it.

Funny. When I saw TPM on opening night, I don't think I ever thought "I could use a fight scene right about now".

Some people would be better off not knowing
    /LM

14. darthsmozers

darthsmozers Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2000
    thats not the point. the point is its a well done scene showing anakin's anger towards those who oppose him.

15. One-with-the-Force

One-with-the-Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    Where's the maker of 'The Phantom Edit' when you need him? :)

16. Virgilius

Virgilius Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2004
    I liked the deleted scenes just fine, especially the Anakin-Padme ones. Althoug the film is great as it is, I won't mind seeing those back in.

17. Lars_Muul

Oct 2, 2000
    the point is its a well done scene showing anakin's anger towards those who oppose him.

Sure. That doesn't mean that it needs to be in the movie, though.
    I wouldn't mind to see it reinserted, but I don't feel that it's necessary. It's the same with the probe droid scene.

For AOTC though, I think that reinserting any of the deleted scenes would be quite pointless.

Probe droids have cool antennas
    /LM

18. Daniel

Daniel Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 1999
    I would like 3 scenes put back into and 2 scenes have thier order reversed in AOTC:

1) When Padme addresses the Senate of her opposition to the Creation of a Republic Army - It shows she really is passionate about some things, that Padme really does have a wooden personality and that there's nothing wrong w/ Nadalie Portman's acting.

2) Put back some of the extended Naboo arrival scene, especially the Padme, "I was hoping to have a family by now" - shows her vulnerability to Anakin's attention, due to her personaly desires for more than a politician's life.

3) Padme's Family scene - Show's Padme may be struggling w/ feelings for Anakin

4) Instead of the first Lake / first Kiss scene, INSERT the picnic scene - Shows Padme Warming up to Anakin

5) NOW show the first Kiss scene - The progression is much better for the Fire Place scene

As for TPM:

I would DEFINITELY put the probe droid scene back in, it FITS VERY nicely. (That's the ONLY change I'd make to TPM)

19. Daniel

Daniel Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 1999
    Tatooine_Fireman,

Would you be willing to do a personal edit for me??? I own all the DVD's AND I would be willing to pay you for your time.

I sent you a private message...

20. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    The first kiss was a good moment in the film. But I do like the idea of not having a first kiss. I would like the Idea of Anakin Expressing his feelings towards her in a different way. I like my idea where he trys to kiss her but Padme pulls away better at the fireplace then he gets more emotnlial.

21. Delta_62

Delta_62 Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 20, 2005
    Whenever I see a movie and someone puls away from a kiss, it makes me sad becuase I was hoping they would get it on!

Or maybe I'm just strange...

22. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    I'd put back in Plo Koon and Ki-Adi Mundi's Control Ship raid. That would have been sweet!
    Even though it was never finished digitally, does anyone have pictures of it. And don't tell me to watch it on Hyperspace because I don't have it. All I want is pictures.

23. elric300

elric300 Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2004
    Interesting that this thread should show up, as I'm in the process of getting a dual layer dvd burner and am planning on inserting almost all of the deleted scenes in to TPM and AOTC. The only ones I don't think I would put back are any more of the pod race from TPM, as it's fine as it is. And the Jedi Temple Analysis room scene in AOTC, as it's a bit redundant. Still don't know yet about the Mace/Obi-Wan landing pad scene in AOTC, as it does repeat information. But it's a great scene, nonetheless.

The probe scene in TPM should never have been cut as it creates a major jump cut when Qui-Gon and Anakin are suddenly running for no apparent reason.

24. Lars_Muul

Oct 2, 2000
    They're running because they should get to Coruscant as soon as possible. Never confused me.

Qui-Gon's beard is fake
    /LM

25. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Well it confused me and a LOT of other people when TPM was new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.