main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Insider #80 to feature Mandalorian article, Yo Joe!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndRest-in-Peace, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Ayup -- picked up the first two volumes signed by various artists off QVC back in 1994. With limited-ed chase and uncut stuff included.

To say nothing about that recalled "Yoda-temple" card.

2. Halagad_Ventor

Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer star 4 VIP

Jul 3, 2001
    :eek:

3. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I still remember an old Insider or Galaxy Mag Q&A about that card. I guess the "Yoda is unique" guidelines was lifted for the PT.

[image=http://www.yodajeff.com/multimedia/images/pictures/0020/c/002072.jpg]

4. Halagad_Ventor

Jul 3, 2001
    Leland addressed this one on SW.com recently, and it looks like I'll have to eat my words. That does seem to resolve the stormtrooper aspect of Boba's past. =D=

I'm still wondering about these 20-year-old clones, though.

Best,
    Abel

5. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    huh? adressed where exactly? what new info?

6. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    Probably in one of the TOS Forums.

[face_thinking]

Looking at my failed picture attempt above, it seems that LucasFilm isn't the only one to prevent the "Yoda Worship" card from being seen. :p

7. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
  8. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    You see, this is what happens when you don't look at the fine print of a website after you do a Google image search. :oops:

Sorry yodajeff!

9. Halagad_Ventor

Jul 3, 2001
    Leland just confirmed the inclusion of the Kamino clone vs. clone battle in continuity right here.

Take care,
    Abel

10. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    And, for all your confirmation needs, here's a databank update:
    The emergent Empire nonetheless kept a strong presence on Kamino -- at the very least to keep the planet's valuable technology from falling into the wrong hands. Some Kaminoans, holding the Empire solely responsible for the Kamino's woes, began surreptitiously cultivating a liberation army of Kamino-loyal clones who would oppose the Empire. The resultant clone uprising, which occurred about a decade into the Empire's rule, was put down by the elite 501st Legion of stormtroopers. The master of this Legion, Darth Vader, hired a special mercenary to lead the troopers in battle: Boba Fett, a product of the Kaminoan hatcheries.

My only problem is that we have another early Vader-Fett encounter. So does this work well with Enemy of the Empire?

But this does seem to fit as a "Boba the Stormie" retcon.

11. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    but they place it 10 years after ROTS!!! very late if you ask me.. why there? it does mess with lots of retcons about bobas past we had before. and I wonder what the TV series will bring, they stated they use characters we know from comics and novels and minor movie characters as main persona in the series "to answer all questions fans ever had".

12. The2ndRest-in-Peace

The2ndRest-in-Peace Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 27, 2002
    >>why there?<<

I imagine because it would take 10 years for the Kaminoans to grow the Clones, and they wouldn't have started doing so until after the Empire was established and had started to piss them off.

13. Halagad_Ventor

Jul 3, 2001
  14. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    And it looks like they're using surplus Mark I armor. I see lots of possible retcons and references in this level.

[face_thinking]

15. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    true thx, but if that is now Bobas time with stormtroopers... does he kill there his superior officer (if there is one? does sound as if he is the top dog aside from vader).

maybe Fett stopped the 501st betraying them and vader. killing the 501sts leader. afterwards he escaped with the kaminoans gratitude.

why should they clone him a leg when he is 60 years old when he betrayed them back then? would make no sense^^ so boba has angered vader and first in enemy of the empire they reunite. somehow becoming equal partners rather than boba beying below vader. vader respects fetts talents afterwards, and doesn´t try to order him around.

16. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    Maybe the commanding officer was going to turbolaser some other Kaminoan cities, to "set an example" and Fett killed him. That would make the Kaminoans happy, and could be another reason why he and Vader fight in EotE.

17. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    Taun We gave Boba the leg...maybe she wasn't part of the anti-trooper creation faction

18. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Yesterdays' Enemies are Tomorrow's Employers for a Mercenary.
    -Space Warrior Cosmo

Even if Boba Fett participated in the attack. Taun We probably knows he follows the credits. She knows he'd get the job done.

19. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Which is my take on it, with Taun We's group unaffiliated with whichever anti-Imperial faction's been at work hatching the clones for insurrectional purposes. The "Mark I" armor-bit brings new facets to this thing, though.

20. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Does anyone find it ironic that the modern Mandalorians revere the memory of the Taung....yet they are actually directly descended from the Zhell? (since most modern Mandos are human)

Pretty funny. :)

21. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    hehe I thought the same thing!

22. Halagad_Ventor

Jul 3, 2001
    The fix that requires the least amount of mental gymnastics is usually the one I go with, unless there's a really good reason to make it complicated.

Heh, hadn't thought about that. :) I guess nurture trumps nature for the Mandos.

Happy Halloween folks!

Take care,
    Abel

23. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Huh, too true.

24. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    Now, for another of Rogue_Follower's Tiny-Art-Infobyte-Observation-of-the-Week?, I direct your attention to the original Essential Chronology. In the Old Republic era picture depicting the beast riders of Onderon, one of the riders (holding that kriffing huge blaster cannon, IIRC) has the Mandalorian skull-symbol on his shoulder(or something really similar.)

How does this tie in with the mythosaur/Jaing explanation?

[face_thinking]

25. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Interesting point. It's not inconceivable that the Beast Lords -- prior to the Onderonian unification and the Oron Kira/Galia marriage -- had dealings with the Mandalorians, since it's stated in the comics that the B.L.s interacted with "unscrupulous offworlders" (arms dealers, et al), or words to that effect.

The question arises now as to whether the Mando Crusaders at this point in history would have ever deigned to "dirty" their image with petty arms sales, but *training* various folks is another thing altogether. Jaing, as we know from Visionaries, wasn't around until the New Sith Wars era. Depending on when Mandalore Prime was first settled, the skull-symbol could've been around as an ancient talismanic emblem prior to Jaing -- the "Mythosaur incarnate" -- for certain individuals who'd have had potential contact with the Beast Lords.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.