main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Interviews with Authors // May 10th, 2011: Jade_eyes!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NSWFF_Interviews, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Great interview, FelsGoddess and MasterGhandalf!

2. NSWFF_Interviews

NSWFF_Interviews Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2011
    Next up is Mira_Jade, interviewed by Idrelle_Miocovani. Mira is one of the most prolific authors on both fan fiction boards; her work crosses many fandoms and genres, from fluffy romance to chilling horror stories, and is always a guaranteed great read!

[b]Hi Mira! I am going to be a terribly boring interviewer right now and start off by asking you to tell us a little about yourself.[/b]

This is always the hardest question to answer :p . . . And hopefully my answer isn't too terribly dull. My name is Miranda, or Mira to most people I know online. :) I am a twenty year old gal from the United States - up north in Michigan to be exact; the proud oldest of three siblings, and daughter to two of the most amazing people in the world. I am an aspiring artist who would someday like to be an internationally recognized painter, or a published author ? whichever comes first. :p Until those [i]very[/i] far off dreams are met, I am a landscape designer; employed by my father's company. This job, as I figure it, is a practical way to make an living with my art - and besides, it has the added bonus of letting me play in the dirt without anyone looking at me funny. :p I love my job. :x

On a sillier note, I am a coffee addict who will do handstands for the perfect caffe macchiato ? and not the drinks that Starbucks passes off as such. [face_rolling_eyes] I have a rabid reading habit (from Austen to Brontë to Cummings), an almost frightening taste for musicals, and a fondness for classical music. :x I am a natural blonde ? and sometimes that glaringly shows, but hopefully not too much. As such, I refuse to trade my glasses in for contact lenses under the firm belief that they match my brain. :p Sometimes. ;)

[b]The picture of a quintessential ?nerd?, eh? ;) So, how long have you been writing for? And which came first for you ? fan fiction or original fiction or both?[/b]

I wrote my first piece of original fiction when I was thirteen (seven years ago) ? in one of those black and white patterned composition notebooks that I was supposed to practice math in. It was a silly story about my frail grasp of mythology, a truly horrifying Mary Sue figure or two, a villain with a talent for monologues and red eyes; and dragons. Lots of dragons. Half of it may or may not have been plagiarized from [i]Lord of the Rings[/i], but I will officially plead the fifth when asked one way or the other. [face_whistling] It's plot made little sense, and every other word was mistakenly spelled. Grammar was a far off idea at the time rather than a rule to live by ? but I still have that notebook. :x

Over the years, the Mary Sues fell away and the rules of writing came slowly, and then I discovered fanfiction ? which I stumbled onto because I couldn't afford my book habit, and I needed [i]something[/i] to read. :^O Eventually, I discovered that most of the authors I found online were better than the professionals, anyway. :p

I finally got the courage to post my ramblings one blustery day in October five years ago, and then the rest was history. :x

[b] Care to share what your first "rambling" in fan fiction was, and which fandom it belonged to?[/b]

Oh, now this is bringing back memories. :p

My very first fanfic was called ?Beware, Do Not Read These Letters?, and it was set in the [i]Phantom of the Opera[/i] fandom. (What can I say? I was a sucker for the cape. :p :^O) The plot was a major bashing of the 2004 movie that Andrew Lloyd Webber had just came out with, in which each chapter was a character's letter of complaint about their portrayal in the film - although in retrospect I believe that the joke was on me when I dared to mock quality. [face_rolling_eyes] (On that note, I actually wrote Carlotta's letter in a corny Italian accent, complete with too many Z's, and Meg's letter was written in the tone of a bubble-gum popping cheerleader. [face_blush]) It was a cringe worthy read for my readers at the time - but it was a fantastic learning experience for me. :x It taught me some valuable lessons on characterizations; on how to man

3. NSWFF_Interviews

Jan 6, 2011
    Think fast! You?re an extremely prolific author and have written for dozens of fandoms (a trip to your ff.net archive currently shows a whopping 87 stories): I hereby dare you to list every single fandom and a short phrase or sentence stating why you like writing about it. [face_mischief]

The funny thing is, is that fanfiction.net currently does not host everything I have written. [face_whistling]

Alice in Wonderland
    Curiosity, and Johnny Depp with orange hair and kaleidoscope emotions ? the writing for this world is a mad, mad thing. [face_mischief]

Alexander Dumas
    Because everyone needs some swashbuckling and vengeance in their fanfiction portfolio. :cool:

[face_hypnotized] Nothing more needs to be said ? Mira is entranced by pretty colors. :p

I started watching because of reading too many Zutara fics not to be curious; I stayed watching out of love for the sheer depth and scope that a cartoon provided.

Batman (comics)
    Joker/Harley, anyone? [face_batting] So delightfully twisted. [face_devil]

Batman Begins/The Dark Knight
    THE CAPE!!!!! :p And, the dark themes and the breathtaking scope of Christopher Nolan begs to be written for. [face_love]

Camille Claudel
    A tribute to my favorite sculpturist of all time. [face_love]

Castle
    Because Brodie made me do it. :p

Doctor Who
    There are bow-ties. And time traveling. Need I say more? :cool:

Heloise and Abelard
    Another real life story that begged to be written for. [face_love]

Heroes
    Um, Zachary Quinto (Spock, down and dirty[face_devil] ) as everyone's favorite brain stealer? [face_batting] :p

Inuyasha
    It was a highschool obsession! That is my only excuse. [face_blush] (I couldn't stand the title character, either ? give me the evil elder brother, please? [face_mischief])

Ironman
    Um, Tony Stark. For the win. [face_mischief]

Gankutsuou
    The Count of Monte Cristo . . . with a blue skinned, vampiristic Edmund, a lovely alien Haydée, and giant robot duels. [face_mischief] I need say no more. [face_whistling]

Gilmore Girls
    The sheer back and forth of the title characters, the constant rollercoaster ride of allusions, and the almighty love of coffee ? what is not to love in these gals? [face_love]

House M.D.
    Grumpy, sardonic Doctors, and an update on the Holmes and Watson mythology? Yep. I am all over that. [face_love]

Jane Eyre
    Because Mr. Rochester can kick Mr. Darcy's butt any day of the week. :p He is my literary love, and writing for him and Jane gives my muse all sorts of joy. [face_love]

Jane Austen
    The biggest and baddest author since Shakespeare is one Miss Jane Austen:cool: ? and I adore playing in her world. (Oddly enough, I have not written for Pride and Prejudice; but I have dabbled lots with Sense and Sensibility and Persuasion. [face_love] )

Les Misérables
    Great singalongs, and one stunning of an epic by Monsieur Hugo. Fantine and Valjean will always inhabit the whole of my heartstrings. [face_love]

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    Not the godforsaken movie, but the comics. [face_love] In which one Miss Mina Murray teams up with every one of my favorite Victorian characters against the evil forces of Moriarty. What is not to love??

Phantom of the Opera
    THE CAPE!!!!! And the mask . . . and the sheer heartbreaking bittersweet joy that Erik will always be to my muse. You always remember your first. [face_mischief]

Pirates of the Caribbean
    Another requirement in the fanfiction world is to try ones hand at the immortal voice of Jack Sparrow. [face_love] I took it one step further and fell head over heels for the twistedness of Davy Jones and Calypso. [face_love]

Sherlock Holmes
    Brilliant to dabble in even before Robert Downy Jr. :p

Sherlock (BBC)
    Snark. B

4. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Great interview and some really great stories! =D=

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I love this interview!!

Mira, I didn?t realize you were so young!! You sound very mature :)

This interview is hilarious!! And I love the bit about ST bromance :D And Sherlock . . . [face_love] Yay for M/M!

I feel like I really learned a lot. Thanks for the great interview, ladies!!

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Great interview!! :D

Though I don't think Edna approve of you appreciation for capes. [face_laugh]

[image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/legomania4/NOCAPES.jpg]

7. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Another great interview! I enjoy reading these interviews.

8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    The interesting thing about seeing this interview up, is realising just how much one can ramble - and did I really use that many emotes? :p Thanks, Idri, for taking the time to put up with me for this! It was a blast, that was for sure. [:D]

Nat: Can I feel free to quote you on the mature part? ;) Yep, I am a wee little tyke. :cool: And you definitely quoted my favorite parts - is there anything better than bromance and M/M? [face_love]

Miana: Obviously, Edna has no appreciation for the swishy noises. :p [face_laugh]

~MJ @};-

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I had a lot of emotes in my interview also.

LOL!

An artist huh? :cool:

A published author -- now that is something I can so, totally see happening.

=D=

=D=

Mira's awesome unfailingly wonderful stuff has helped me branch out into some intriguing fandoms ;) like Dr. Who and the revamped Sherlock.

I feel her writing is a rich and wonderful blend of all the elements of a great tale: drama, humor, mush! :)
    Deeply Embedded was also a very gripping and moving tale @};- =D=

And -- yes, there would be mega-squees over a certain someone. [face_dancing] =P~

[face_dancing]

A splendid interview with one of the very best out there! [:D]

10. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Great interview!

Yes! [face_mischief]

Total win.

11. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002

Master_Jay ? same as with Deb. ;) That girl is an amazing Trekkie ? though we can throw in the Firefly marathon after coffee. ;) [:D]

Lol! That made my day! i have you to thank for the Trekkie!!!

and yes please Firefly marathon what?

and Castle too, because what geek/nerd isn't in love with Nathan Fillion?!

Great interview!

12. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Wow, we're done to one more author. No one else suggesting authors? We might have to come down to the Interviewer asking the Interviewee who they would want to see interviewed next.

13. NSWFF_Interviews

Jan 6, 2011
    I only list authors under "coming soon" when I know I am going to get their interview/already have their interview - it's not the place for suggested interviews, so don't panic! ;)

At the moment, I'm only going to be posting interviews once a month - NSWFF is still small, and if we do more than that, then we're going to run out of regular authors to interview. There were some other suggestions when I first opened the thread, so I will be working through the remaining ones - and it is always possible to offer new suggestions at any time. The thread is always open for that. :)

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Da-yum, that was a great interview! :D Very dteailed, there. Mira, I'm gonna try to look up your stuff and read it. :D

15. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    It's been a long time since an interview.

16. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Yes, it has, that's mostly because I have been too busy with RL to keep it going at one interview a month. However, my concern still lies that NSWFF doesn't have as many authors as SWFF; if we take our time, we'll run out of names later, rather than sooner. Better to space things out; besides, the SWFF thread isn't updated all the time, either. :)

17. NSWFF_Interviews

Jan 6, 2011
    Most sincere apologies to Master_Jaina1011 and Jade_eyes ? their interview has been sitting in my inbox for almost two months. [face_blush] My bad. Serves me right, I need to check the sock more often! [face_shame_on_you]

[b]Hi everyone, this is Master_Jaina1011, and I am interviewing the lovely Jade_eyes. So awhile back I volunteered to interview you. So, ready to start?

First off, I'm going the boring route. Tell us a little about yourself.[/b]

Hi lovely Master Jay of the amazing and indispensable Audrey Pearce.

:D

I was born in Charleston, South Carolina and grew up in Texas; now I live in Florida LOL

I have work backgrounds in counseling and now am doing medical transcription.

Fave hobbies: collecting music of all varieties except for heavy metal and rap ;) and reading historical fiction and mysteries. I'm an absolute foodie -- particularly of the chocolate-centered desserts; I am a Pepper and adore sushi, could eat it every day LOL.

Now if you ask me about my fave couples, you're going to see a lot of smilies and a lot of fangirl raving!

[face_hugs]

[b]How did you get into fanfiction? What drew you in?[/b]

What drew me to fanfiction ? [i]Chasing Dreams[/i] by Jade Lotus. :D [face_applause] [face_applause] Super duper L/M and squaring away with Callista.

I had googled for great fiction sites featuring the amazing Mara Jade and tfn.net came up. [face_happy]

[b]How did you convert... ahem I mean move over here to NSWFF? What drew you to his forum?[/b]

What drew me to NSWFF? hahaha! Brodie's wonderful Trek drabbles -- and I remember the prompt that made me squee. out. loud. Heat of the Moment [face_drooling] The S/U transporter scene. :x :x

[b]Ah the transporter scene. I can imagine you squeeing over that. When and why did you start writing fanfiction?[/b]

OK, no brainer here. :^O :^O I wanted to write mush because I never can get enough LOL and I wanted to provide some melty moments like the ones I'd been steadily receiving.

I wanted to write warm/fuzzy stuff and great missing moments.

:D

[b]We all love mush. I know I do. So can you tell me about your very first fan fiction? what genre was it and what was it about?[/b]

It was [i]Two Dances Across Time[/i]. An L/M piece featuring two dances - one right after TLC which could've taken place during one of the celebratory functions, and the other sometime later when they were newly engaged. :D It contrasts their feelings about one another at those different time intervals.

Now that [i]I, Mara Jade[/i] [face_grin] :x has been posted by the wonderful JediMara77, I consider that timeline (10 years) strictly obsolete LOL.

[b]Hmmm I might have to go back and read that one. Oh and I totally agree on [i]I, Mara Jade[/i]. Now for the good questions. When did your horizons broaden to the NWSFF and why?[/b]

:D :D [face_drooling] [face_drooling]

Happy wriggling. It was because of brodie's wonderful Trek drabbles, then Mira_Jade with her off the chain talent [face_dancing] then I fell HARD AND DEEP in love with S/U and had to write them -- almost exclusively -- pretty much shut down my SW side for the longest.

Then I got introduced to other fandoms, like Castle and more recently Dr. Who [face_cool] -- as an avid reader.

Idrelle?s amazing Hamlet fics were very intriguing as well. And Laurethiel's LOTR [face_applause] masterful.

It was very delightful to see the boards branching out -- and I followed along mostly in the train of super authors LOL :)

The only fandom that I understand can't be included but wish was is the Pern one. Dreamy sigh over dragon riders [face_mischief]

[b]I too, blame Mira_Jade for her influence over my Trek-dom.

Now I saw all those emoticons, and here comes the fan girl squealing question, considering you write them almost exclusively. What drew you to Star Trek and Spock/Nyota?[/b]

Back in the day what drew me to Trek TOS was the amazing bromance between Kirk, Spock, & Bones. I loved Spock's multiple layers of what made him tick -- and I always thought Uhura in those days was brilliant and multi-talent

18. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Excellent interview!

19. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Good interview. :)

20. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Great interview and some really amazing stories! =D=

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Great interview! I wonder if Jade_eyes likes writing mush... ;)

22. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Deb!!!! [face_dancing] [:D]

A fantastic interview with a fantastic writer. If there is a more supportive, positively motivating influence and propagander of mush on these boards, then I cannot think of who. [face_laugh] [:D]

I sooo recall that drabble! One of the best. [face_love]

Bah! Me, an enabler? :p

You guys are guilty of a fair bit of inspiration yourselves. ;) [face_love]

The Second Person POV is a lovely one, and those who can pull it off are few and far between. Some of my favorite pieces by you feature that tense. [face_love]

[face_laugh]

Indeed! [:D] And it would be LEGENDARY!

You have certainly kicked my muse into gear a time or two with that philosophy! [:D] ;)

Better advice has never been given. There have been more bunnies spawned in our Trek-dom than anything else by that method, that's for sure.

And every moment of it has been a blast! [:D]

~MJ @};-

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Great interview, Master Jay and Jade! @};-

That would be fun. :D

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I enjoyed doing this interview very much and thanks for the sweet after-comments. @};- :D

[face_laugh]

;)

:oops:

[face_dancing]