main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is 2015 too soon?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Greedoliveson, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Greedoliveson

Greedoliveson Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2012
    The previous 3 movies wre made 3 years apart, these had a director and cast and crew and in some cases sets had been built so i was thinking that assuming that Episode 7 will be out in the summer of 2015 and currently has none of the above mentioned, unless Lucas has a script of sorts, is this a little to early?
    I hope that they don't rush things, as much as i can't wait to see it.

Thoughts?

2. Greedoliveson

Greedoliveson Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2012
    Forgot to say i think Episode 7 will need it's own catergory as it doesn't fir in with either prequel or original films.

3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    If it's three years, it will probably be around Christmas 2015.

4. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I would bet money it will be May 2015. And honestly, they are probably well into pre-production on this, if they have story treatments and a release date set.

5. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    It's not too soon. Star Wars is fading out of the public conciousness. It should come back.

6. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    ^ This

thesevegetables likes this.
  7. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    From a fan perspective, of course it's not too soon! However, I'm a bit skeptical as to whether or not all of the production and visual effects could be pulled off in this amount of time. Seeing how much work went into the prequels from all of the making of's and behind the scenes footage, it seems like it's not enough time, UNLESS they're already well into production, more so than what they're letting on. I agree with Strilo that it will most likely be May of 2015.

8. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Production was 23 months before release date. Assuming a May 2015 release, that means shooting starts in June 2013 if they need that much time for effects. Remember, a lot of things have changed since 1999 technology wise. And you are assuming the new producer and director will want as much effects work as Lucas did. The Avengers had a ton of post production work, it was pretty much all quality work and it did not take 18 months of post. These days, editing, sound work and effects work can start during the production period (which is usually like 3 months for a SW film) and some of it even starts before shooting begins. Trust me, this can easily be done in time for May 2015.

9. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    I think they make can make movies faster now...

10. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    Fair point. I would agree that shooting would need to start about two years before release. True, much has changed since 1999, but fewer things have changed since 2005 and ROTS still took a while to be finished, and yes, I'm assuming an effects heavy movie.

However, because Iger said we'd be receiving no major news until end summer 2013 (which I don't entirely believe anyway) then they wouldn't plan on releasing information about casting, etc. until that time. I'm not disagreeing that the movie COULD come out in May 2015, but I just don't think it could be done that easily unless they have a LOT more information already in place than what they're letting on.

11. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I would bet money that they have a lot more pre-production completed than they are saying. I just feel it. Through the Force.

DarthBoba likes this.
  12. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    It's not too soon.

13. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    I'm hoping that they do. I was just watching some of the web featurettes from the ROTS dvd last night and I believe some of them were dated in 2003. Given that the social media world has grown since ROTS and the same logic that they'll be well into production by next year, perhaps we'll get some web doc's next year. That would be a pretty good indication for a 2015 release!