main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is it just me, or is Walmart a little... well..

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Demented?

I'm talking about the "Star Wars Wal-Mart Exclusive "I Am Your Father's Day" figure set incuding: (1) Limited Edition Darth Vader, (1) Limited Edition Luke Skywalker and (1) Limited Edition Father's Day Card -The package folds into a gift box!"

Yoda: Role model father, Vader is not.

Beaming Child: "Hey, pop, I got this neat set for you, let's open it up! See you can play Vader and I'll play Luke. Now you can torture and my sister and her boyfriend, mope about killing my mom an' your best friend and all the kiddies at the temple, 'cause they were home, and then cut my hand off while trying to turn me to the dark side, so I can be a half machine just like you, okay?"

Father: "Um, right." *reaches for the phone and dials the crisis hot line number*

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003

ROFL actually just dying...Leave it to you Sid!!

3. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Jon saw that at WalMart and just about died! He made much the same remarks as yours LOL
    We bought it though as it is one hell of s twisted since of humor which makes it worth having IMO ;)

4. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    I saw it today (they have a TON of them) and just stood there..wonderfully "sick"...

Especially when you think of what a "wonderful" Role Model Vader is as a father and husband. LOL

5. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Odd, they have been all sold out here for a while now.

Lot of sick monkeys around here I guess.

6. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    You know...that is just...just...

Um.

Yeah.

Well, my dad and I went to a movie and dinner with my stepmom instead (my treat). He's baffled anyway by his (emphatically adult) child still playing Star Wars...I don't know if he'd have the REMOTEST idea what to make of the Luke and Vader Father's Day Combo Pack (I don't either, frankly! LOL!). Actually, come to think of it, I don't think he'd even understand why it was so wrong: "So, what do Luke and Vader have to do with Father's Day, anyway?"

"Well, you see, Vader is actually...oh, never mind. Let's go to Marie Callendar's for pie."

- Kai

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.