main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive "It has already begun." The world of the Matrix

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by JediCouncilMaster, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Revolver

Revolver had fallen. A very long drop.

Then he hit something on the way down. A car. Painful.

"Are you all right?" asked a voice. Male? Revolver couldn't tell, his ears were ringing.

"Not cool..." he groaned. That had really hurt. He slid off the car, and hit the ground. It seemed soft in comparison.

"Get in the car," continued the voice. Now, that was a bad idea.

"No, thanks, hombre... I'm okay..." he groaned, staggering to his feet. Now, why the hell had he jumped out of the window? He wasn't that stupid. No, he wasn't stupid, period. Man, that thought had hurt.

He tripped, falling to the ground again. "Okay, the car it is," he said to the man, getting in. "I just need to get across the bridge..."

Tag: JCM

2. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    GM/The Anomaly

"No no, I insist." The man said to the injured person. "I gotta take you to the hospital." He entered the car and looked around to see if anyone saw what just took place.

"The bridge? Okay man." He said, pushing down on the handbrake and sped down the road. "What were you doing back there? Attempting suicide?"

The man saw how the person who just fell off, was dressed. Odd. And he had a Spanish Accent. Well, the way he dressed also gave it away.

"Who are you?" The man asked, keeping his eyes on the road then glanced back at him.

TAG: Revolver

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Detectective Munch, Logic and Reason: Special Victims Unit

Alright, what the frag is going on here?

Are The One character that Sith-I-5 is operating on the bridge, and The Anomaly that the GM is now controlling in a car, the same character, or two separate people?

And, while we are here, how can a power plant inside the matrix affect stuff outside?

4. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    OOC:
    It's more than likely that it doesn't have any effect (if power inside the matrix affects power outside, why would we have to sit through that energy-inefficient talk about human bioreactors that actually probably don't produce as much energy as they require?) on the outside world. Also, since when did we give a hoot about human welfare? We make Frank Castle look benevolent.

5. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    OOC: All right. Here's what I mean. Humans in the Matrix are actually people who haven't been unplugged yet in the Real World. Thus they are the beings in the pods in which the machines use their bodies as some kind of energy/power source. There's a bit of correlation between them.

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    SVU

Yeah, a bit of correlation. You're talking an Extinction-level Event that will kill every human not currently allied to Zion.

Alright, let me re-phrase the question.

Once upon a time, there was a massive virtual construct called the Matrix. It was a perfect world, but humans couldn't handle it, and the Matrix was destroyed.
    The Machines tried several more versions until they got the mix right.

Now, if the THE ENTIRE FRAGGING MATRIX can go down and not kill everyone, why should ONE measly power station worry anybody?

Cheers.

PS. Still waiting clarification on the One/Anomaly character-napping you got going on.

7. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    OOC: My view on this 'new mission' thing; Everyone currently in the game has something to do, right? Why do we need another crisis to deal with?

8. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    OOC: Yeah, I thought the One was the Anomaly. Him being a super hero of sorts.

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Forty-Seven, Brunhilda crew on the bridge

Alex looked up as White came back from talking to a witness, clearing his throat loudly.

"Uh..." White glanced about worriedly, "No else can see the fragger."

Alex looked from the flying dude over to White and back again. "Sir, don't be frightened. We are your friends." He glanced meaningfully at the Captain.

Tag: the Brunhilda posse

OOC: I hadn't meant to have the Rebels intercept Captain Chaos so easily, but if I had to call [b][color=purple]SVU[/color][/b] in, mayhap the Matrix is about to blue screen?

10. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Rada

Rada stepped forward, and gave the superhero what she hoped was an encouraging smile. Her stomach was churning with anxiety. This was probably the single most destructive thing she could do to this poor man's life; introduce him to the Real World. But, Rada had no choice. She had to get to the One before the agents did.

"I know you are probably wondering who we are. Let us for now say that we are friends." she indicated the rescued bus passengers. "You have superpowers, yes? We know how you got them, and why you are as you are. Please, come with us."

[TAG Captain Chaos]

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Captain Chaos

Stunned into disbelief at the way his afternoon had spiralled out of his control, he stood his ground.
    What if they were government agents from The Shop, like in that Stephen King book, Firestarter?

They couldn't hope to overpower him, he knew, but a syringe in the neck was what this type used. Still, if they could explain his powers.

He didn't know what to do. He stared back at the woman who seemed to have taken charge, not trusting himself to act or speak.

Tag: Rada, Rebels

12. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Rada

Rada watched the One nervously for any kind of reaction. She was sorely disappointed- he just stood there like a silver-clad lemon. He looked more sick than anything. Behind her, the police had finally twigged that Pete's Eats was fine, unpurloined, and still doing an healthy trade in fried gristle-inna-bun, and were heading crew-wards. Glancing over her shoulder, Rada knew she had to get this guy to come with her, fast.

"Look, I know you have no reason to trust me, but I'm trying to protect you. We need to get you out before they get here." she took off her sunglasses and looked at him imploringly. "Doesn't it feel sometimes that you're living in a dream? That the world, Mega City, all this, is not real? Doesn't the question drive you crazy? Don't you ever spend hours wondering... what is the Matrix?"

[TAG Cpatain C]

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Captain Chaos, Forty-Seven

It was the woman removing her sunglasses that did it for him; the humanity in allowing to peer into her eyes that made him realise this was no government lackey pretending to be his friend only to exploit him for his powers.

"Okay." He gulped, stepping towards her. "Okay, but the first sign of needles or strong arm tactics from any of you, and I'll get 'Justice League' on somebody's ass."

"Alright!" Forty-Seven muttered, gesturing for the van. "This way, sir. And please watch your language round the wimmin-folk."

Tag: Brunhilda crew

14. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    OOC: Yes, you have a point. Never mind, forget what I said.

15. dontlookatmethatway

dontlookatmethatway Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    IC: Rogue Agent O?Connor and Nine Clones
    The side of the road, Mega City

"Well,well,well. Mr. O'Connor and friends. Isn't this a pleasure we can meet again?"

Hector fixed him with a nasty glare. He hadn?t forgotten their earlier encounter, back when he had been named One.

"Did you miss us?"

O?Connor looked at them and then looked at the dead bodies of the Agent?s previous hosts. ?Obviously we didn?t.? His witty comment was spoiled, though, as one Agent broke in again.

"C'mon. O'Connor take us on. No weapons. Just fight."

O?Connor looked at him. ?Your challenge is accepted.? He dropped his machine gun on the ground. Seven of the clones followed suit. The others quickly picked up the dropped guns. O?Connor nodded to Hector, Perseus, and Cuchulainn. The four of them charged towards Stephens. Sarpedon, Achilles, Odysseus, and Gilgamesh attacked Roswell. O?Connor wondered how the Agents would like being outnumbered 4-to-1!

Tag: Agents

16. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    Agent Stephens and Agent Roswell

"Why the bitter remark? We're trying to be as forthcoming as we can be." Stephens mocked and forced a smile and twirled his arms around in a taunting way, and brought up a defensive posture, fists and knuckles ready to come into contact with these Rogues.

Stephens looked back and waved him to step back. He knew this was going to get messy. A fight in the streets? Well, no one was passing these parts because of the recent accident which just happened earlier.

Roswell stepped back and watched his partner take on O'Connor followed by three others.

Stephens smirked and watched them run up towards him.

When the first Rogue Agent was in range, Stephens aimed an accurage punch to his face causing him to lose balance and fall back. Then he attempted a kick to another, and attempted a head-butt to another. The last one was ignored. He risked it. But if things were not going as expected, Roswell would join the fight.

TAG: Rogue Agents

17. Slanir_Tezneech

Slanir_Tezneech Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    OOC: Sorry i've been away, my coputer went a bit funny, i'm ready to continue as Phantom, oh and if i ever dissapear again you have permission to RP my character until i return.

18. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    OOC: All right, S_T.

Ryan Caine a.k.a Axel

"Whew." Ryan said wiping his forehead and exhaled deeply. "That was close. What made them stop and go back?" The two Rebels looked at each other then back at the other people roaming the halls.

At least they were safe. They were lucky the two Agents weren't there to capture them, who knows what they would do. Probably bug them with their tracking device, but still they would do anything to prevent being caught.

"Whenever you see an Agent, Phantom you run."

TAG: Any

19. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Terpsichore

Chore merely shook her head as Forty-Seven commented on the wimmin. Really...

She tapped her headphones.

"Rip, we might need a hardline soon, I think we've got ourselves a new redpill."

"Hello shinypants" said Chore as she greeted the newcomer, sliding open the door. "I see that you've already met Rada and Forty-Seven, my name is Terpsichore and this here is White. So... who are you?"

TAG: Sith-I, Livi

20. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Rip (Operator), Rada (Captain)

"Rip, we might need a hardline soon, I think we've got ourselves a new redpill."

Rip looked up from her game of Solitaire and opened a channel to Chore.

"You're kidding me? He really is the One." she thought about this for a second. The saviour of mankind. Wow. Then, she fell to typing again, bringing up a map. "Ok, the nearest useable hardline is, luckily for you lot, just a block away. The old building- I'm downloading the location to you now, tell Forty-Seven where it is, if he'll accept directions for once."

The Operator pressed 'enter' and sat back, awaiting a response. Meanwhile, Rada followed Captain Chaos towards the SUV, replacing her sunglasses on her nose and checking the streets for the cars belonging to the sirens she'd heard.

"Come on, we need to get moving."

[TAG Last Bolt Crew]

21. dontlookatmethatway

dontlookatmethatway Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    IC: Rogue Agent O?Connor and Nine Clones
    The side of the road, Mega City

Perseus fell back from the punch of Agent Stephens. Cuchulainn dodged the kick, as O?Connor did with the head-butt. Hector was the one that Stephens didn?t attack. Big mistake. Hector harbored a deep hatred of Stephens and saw this as the time to beat up on him. He launched a punch in bullet-time right at the bridge of Stephens? nose. Cuchulainn attempted to hit the Agent in the stomach, while O?Connor aimed a kick at his groin.

Sarpedon and Achilles came in from the right and left to attack Agent Roswell. Gilgamesh hit him from the center. Odysseus stayed back. He would help if there was an opening.

Tag: Agents

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Forty-Seven

Watching the team and their guest get into Brunhilda,he climbed up into the drivers' seat and slammed the door.

He hoped the others knew what they were doing. 'Foil Boy' was cooperating so far, but that didn't mean he would go the right way when it came to the red pill/ blue pill choice.
    And they couldn't force the issue. They needed him onside.

He had only guarded the periphery while other more experienced Rebels had extracted new converts from the Matrix, so had little idea how this worked.
    He couldn't see how they were going to get him through a hardline for instance.

"Come on, we need to get moving." Rada ordered as she pulled her seatbelt over her chest.

"Da." Forty-Seven acknowledged, continuing silently, Want to tell me where to go, or should I select a destination at random? He turned the ignition.

Tag: Rada, crew

23. Slanir_Tezneech

Jul 5, 2005
    IC: Phantom

Phantom turned to Ryan and nodded at the comment, who would honestly be stupid enough to take on an Agent, then Phantom thought to himself (probally me) he had a quick smile and continues to walk along the corridor with Ryan, he hadn't a clue where they were going but they needed to find the Rebel.

TAG: Ryan

24. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    Agent Stephens and Agent Roswell

Stephens stepped back as a result from the punch to his face. Then another Rogue attempted to hit him in the stomach, Stephens was smart enough to grab his leg and spin him in the air then kicking him as hard as he could to one of the street-light poles. O'Connor aimed a kick to Stephens groin but, but Stephens saw it coming. He spun around for a round-house kick to O'Connor's face. After that he would defend.

"Nice style, but not good enough." Stephens smirked.

Roswell saw the three Rogues coming up to him. With that, Roswell took up a defense position and blocked any attack sent at him. He kicked, punched, and avoided the attacks.

TAG: Rogues

[b]Ryan Caine a.k.a Axel[/b]

Ryan wanted a challenge but he didn't know if he should tell Phantom. He wanted to face an Agent just for the fun of it.

"Hey, Phantom. What do you say if we go Agent hunting?"

[b]TAG: Phantom[/b]

25. Slanir_Tezneech

Jul 5, 2005
    IC: Phantom

Phantom stopped and smiled just ahead of Ryan "That would be fun, turning the tables on them" Phantom turned to face Ryan then the smile faded "But what about the rebel, we need to go after the Agents that would be guarding them" Phantom cracked his knuckles and turned to a lift "You coming" the doors pinged and Phantom stepped into the small lift and held the door for Ryan.

TAG: Ryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.