main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Its March, have you gotten your tickets in the mail yet?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by RogueRebel, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Let me guess... the website says wait till the 7th now?

meh

2. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    With being a Hyperspace member, and getting in "an hour early", I think is not right. I mean, the only people who will be getting in an hour early, are the people at the front of the line, where as the Fan Club members in the back of the line, it will take the whole hour just to get into the show! I really don't see the point in it. There is no way I will be able to get in an hour early! I will be in line for the entire hour just like everyone else!

With that being said, does anyone know how fast the lines moved to get in for C2? :p

3. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    More bills.. and nonsense in the mail yesterday.

*waits patiently*

I wonder if i will be the Last to recieve the badge....

4. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    I got mine last week.

5. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    Jedi Samantha: While it seems that most folks around here have gotten theirs too, we have not either, so you're not the last one (I was beginning to think WE were the only ones without). I'm giving them until Thursday before I email again and raise a stink (I already bugged them a week or two ago).

6. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    gandalfbmg: Phew. Most of my friends got theres.... if not all of them. I emailed Lindsey but never got a responce back.

Hopefully it'll come today or tomorrow. If not, there will be heck to pay.

I guess this is what happens when I live out on the arse end of Long Island...

7. gandalfbmg

May 16, 2002
    I live in the sticks north of Kansas City, so I'm wondering if it's a problem with the postal service getting them to out of the way places. Sure would be nice to have a tracking number.

For C4, can we buy our tickets through Amazon???

8. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Man that would be awesome if you could buy through Amazon!

Guys you have my sympathy. I am just so so relieved I got my tickets yesterday, you have no idea. I am sure you'll get yours though, and my Dad reminded me yesterday (to keep me from having a nervous breakdown and dying :p) that if you have the record of the credit transaction, no matter what happens they HAVE to let you in the con, because they can't risk the publicity that kind of disreputable dealing would bring down on them. So just keep that credit record handy! ;)

9. PrincessLeah

PrincessLeah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    My bf just emailed the chick about the badges. She said they just sent out their last batch of 4,000 badges last Friday. Hopefully he'll get it soon. I don't wanna have to leave him at home! ;)

10. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    anyone know how to prove you're a fan club member?

11. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Just noticed on the OS, that as long as you have your fanclub lanyard you wont have a issue getting in, they wont be checking for Fan club cards. Which is good, it would just delay entrance for the line.

12. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    "anyone know how to prove you're a fan club member? "

Hmmmm.... You might be a Fan Club Member if...

You can recite the crawl from at least 2 of the films verbaitum.

You have had a fist fight over whether Han shot first.

You know, can pronounce, and spell Grand Admiral Thrawn's full name, off the top of your head.

Maybe if you can do one of those things at the door they will believe you are a fan club member.

Doc

13. JediFalcon25

JediFalcon25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    I got my C3 pass in the mail yesterday, along with the cheap bungy cord, i really hope that some people just buy or make a kool looking thing to hang their Passes on. I didn't get my fanclub Lanyard, i emailed Lindsay and hopefully ill get it b4 the convention.

14. jediseanUF

jediseanUF Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2005
    Just got my packet and what a surprise, they said I was not a member of the Fanclub. To be honest the thrill I got seeing that envelope almost completely disappeared when I found no fan club lanyard inside.

I just sent an email and got a response from registration@gencon.com that I will have to verify my info on site. I am NOT HAPPY. I will wait to see if lindsey can do any better, but I don't want to wait in a line to get my lanyard...WTF!!!

Anyone have any suggestions on how to "convince" gencon to send me this lanyard? I am tempted to give them my username and password for hyperspace and say try it and see for yourself.

ARGHHH...

15. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    I got some junk mail today... some survey from my apartment community i live in...

AND MY BADGE!

And wow much to my surprise -- Fan Club Lanyard!

Mine expired many eons ago. I checked the box anyway and got all the goodies.

:)

16. jediseanUF

Mar 2, 2005
    FYI, this is the response I got back from Lindsay. I gave her my hyperspace login information as confirmation that I am a member

"I checked the Fan Club list I was given by the fan club on 4/1/05 and it
    does not have you as a paying member. You will have to work it out with
    them. I'll cc my contact there. Thanks. "

I asked about who to contact at the fanclub and pointed out that what ever the list says if the login works that should be suffcient proof.

Anyone else getting this runaround?

17. SkoXylo

SkoXylo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    So, got a response today, and my lanyard and passes are in the mail. That's great and all, but they're being sent to my home address and I'm at school. Oh well... Is it just me or did they get the fan club/non-fan club lists mixed up?

18. gandalfbmg

May 16, 2002
    Congrats, Jedi Samantha. Still nothing when I got home though :(

Now I AM the last one waiting...

19. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Not sure how they could prove you are a fan-club member by using your logon. How do they know its not your cousins and he let you use it to get the lanyard. Weird situation.

20. jediseanUF

Mar 2, 2005
    In response to the HS issue, since my username is my email address my "cousin' would have to have my email.

Moot point anyway...FAn club emailed me back saying that due to some error, my insider was marked as "undeliverable". She said when this happens they suspend your off line account, but apparently you can still log on. To everyone who is getting a no to your fan club, make sure you are getting your insider and/or membership kit, that may be the problem.

I have to give them credit, they did respond VERY quickly.

21. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    if you're coming in on Wednesday night, you can pick up your FC lanyards between 5-8 on Wed or at 9am(?) Thursday at the FC booth. Supposedly the will call booths will be open so you don't have to get in line, wait til the doors open, then get in another line.

22. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Some of use here in Chicago still haven't received our badges.

~H~

23. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Badgeless in Baltimore.

24. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    RE: Proving you are a fan club member...

Could you bring a copy of the latest Insider with your name and expiration date on the label? This might work as proof, however, perhaps you can get a subscription without being a member. [face_thinking]

25. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    still havent got my badge,im freaking out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.