main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's Official! Star Wars: The Clone Wars In Theaters and on Television in 2008!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by e1jnky, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    When is the premiere again?

Anyone who is out in this area is welcome to come to my place. :p

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I'll be there! :)

September 17th.

3. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

The_Kwisatz_Haderach Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2010
    I'd definitely be interested in watching the season premier somewhere.

I don't have cable myself (noooooo!), so it's difficult for me. I'll have to use my PS3 to download the episodes the day after.

I think the season premier is a full hour. Two shows, one night. Bonus!

4. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    You're coming to my house? Yay! :D

5. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    hehe IF i could i SO would!

there is a supernatural convention outin San Fran i would LOVE to go to!!!!

6. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey, if you are out in SF, let me know!

7. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Oh i would LOVE to go, but it would be about 2K so doubtful at this point. :) but if i win the lottery then what the hey!

8. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    The two opening episodes were awesome, as it was great to see the return of the clones from Rookies but I think I have been somehow sucked into another dimension... I found myself actually laughing at Jar Jar's antics this week. What in the name of The Force is wrong with me? [face_worried][face_whistling]

Excellent start to the new season, keep 'em coming Dave and Co.

9. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    The first 2 episodes absolutely rocked! Episode 3, with Jar Jar was only moderately nausea-inducing, which is pretty good, considering it had Jar Jar in it. [face_worried] I'm not sure about episode 4. I much prefer the clone-centric episodes and could care less about the Senate-centric ones.

10. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010

Senate-centric doesn't bug me as much as Ani/Obi/Grievous eps because those conflicts slightly cheapen the epic fights in ROTS each time they all meet, but I agree with you that Clone eps are by far the best. Senate episodes are kinda sad in a good way because when I keep in mind the politics as Palpatine's chess game with him playing both sides, it reminds me of how dark and bleak things really are, and how the citizens of the Republic are lucky to have senators like Organa, Mothma and Iblis (whom I'm hoping we'll get to see in an ep soon).

When I see Bail Organa attempt [hl=black]a humanitarian mission[/hl], it helps me keep the spark of hope alive knowing that those kinds of actions are the beginnings of the Alliance and, despite all the darkness surrounding Bail and the other "Rebel" Senators, they manage to hang on to the belief that if they continue such efforts, the GFFA will be a better place.

While I understand the kiddies would prefer the more swashbuckling action eps, I would really, really like to see more "dawn of defiance" episodes, especially with the [hl=black]Tantive IV[/hl] serving as a precursor to the Falcon [face_grin]

11. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I have to confess - I only watched about half of episode 3 before I gave up. Part of it was jarjar, and the rest was that the other aspects of the episode just didn't seem strong enough/ too boring to make up for jarjar. *shrug*

12. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    [image=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XdP6Lp2ceqY/TKPIOPPBLNI/AAAAAAAAdBg/VqHDLB96_Kw/s1600/ahsoka_cosplay_morrigan_by_master_cyrus-d2zqlxw.jpg]
    inevitable?

13. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    My money is on her dying instead of turning to the dark side. And to make it really good, Anakin is unable to save her and blames himself for her death.

14. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005

Bingo! That's what I think too.

So? The much anticipated Quinlan Vos episode?... good?... bad? Hard to sum up a great character in a 22 minute episode but I loved it and hope to see Him more. :D

15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I liked this last one, too. Quinlan Vos had attitude and a determination that he didn't have to play by the rules like ol-button-down-Obi-Wan. They showed his Force power of reading objects...very cool. The fight with Cad Bane was awesome and I'm shocked that he was able to hold his own with two Jedi!

Can't wait to see the rest of Season 3. It started off slow with the Mandalorian drudge, but now it's picking up. I look forward to the Savage Oppress storyline and seeing what they do with Ahsoka's new look.

16. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    The first half of the season may have been slow and too political for my tastes, but the back half of the season (starting Jan. 7), looks frakkin' awesome...at least it does according to this trailer:

Season 3: Part 2 trailer

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    maybe her going to the darkside isn't so far off after allllllllll

18. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    I think she'll die or end up in a hyperdrive accident that sends her to another galaxy or something either way, but I still think she's already headed down the dark path, never to return, one way or another. There's already just too much foreshadowing for her to just ignore the temptation when it comes along.

19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I'm going with dark side possession, for Ahsoka. Seems more plausible right now than her going dark by choice.

20. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    OOOH that is a good theory i like i like....I am trying to remeber has this happened before?

21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    It happened in the EU in the last Darth Bane book. It was intimated that after a battle with his apprentice, part of Darth Bane's mind remained in his apprentice, Darth Zannah.

22. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ahh ok i haven't read that. but dually noted

23. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Meh, I'll bet it only happens for a few minutes in one episode and then she's back to normal. This wouldn't be a successful kiddie show without good ol' "Snips" and "Skyguy" remaining the best of friends.

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    TRUE, but she has to bite it before the end...or she would have been in Episode III, unless she is gone away.

25. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Yes, they do eventually have to explain where she went or how she died before the Clone Wars series is over, but I don't see that happening until the final season, which apparently will be season 4 or season 5 if Lucasfilm is still aiming for 100 episodes.