main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's Official! Star Wars: The Clone Wars In Theaters and on Television in 2008!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by e1jnky, Feb 12, 2008.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    so glad they didn't kill off Darth Maul and his brother JUST yet. :) I enjoyed last night episode!

2. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    The last two episodes of the season were awesome! Very cool action and great dialogue. The second-to-last episode does a great job leading Savage to Maul, although I wish he'd call him by his name instead of "Brother" all the time. I don't do that with my brother. Weird.

However, the 2-on-2 battle with Obi-Wan and Ventress on one side and Savage and Maul on the other was awesome. I'm excited to see how they integrate them into the whole dark sider side. Maul's quite the monkey wrench in their plans.

3. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Oooooooo! Oooooooooo! NEW season starts this month!!!

Season of the Maul Rats! [face_tee_hee]

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  4. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I hope this season is better. More clones, please --less politics.

-Gundark- likes this.
  5. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    The first episode of season 5 looked awesome at Celebration! Picks right up with Darth Maul and Savage Oppress. No spoilers, though...

6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  7. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Anyone else catch the season opener this morning? I now have a reason to applaud the baby for waking up so damn early on a Saturday! =D=

DieWompRatDie and nnaydolem like this.
  8. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I haven't seen it yet. :( It looks like it is online, so I just need the time to stream it.

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I liked it...can't wait for tomorrow!!

10. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    I LOVED it!!! Maul is BADASS but Obi-Wan is even more BADASSSSSSSSSSS! ^:)^

... though I sure felt bad for Obi's companion. :eek:

11. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    But you totally saw it coming. She went out like a chump...kind of like Kit Fisto in ROTS. :_|

12. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Totally Lego! I mean... what the HELL is Obi doing with such a Noob anyways?!!! :rolleyes:

13. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    She must have been from the planet... Noob-oo. [face_tee_hee]

14. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    I am always surprised how much those boys get done with so much war going on. We got some time to train rebels against the separatists. [face_laugh]

I love how Anakin asks Asoka if "She's losing focus" on the mission because she has feelings for someone... says the Guy who is breaking the Jedi Code like never before. [face_rofl]

All in All, a modest episode.

nnaydolem likes this.
  15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    yeah it was OK. need some more darth maul!!!

16. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I like how they're playing with the concept of a rebel. It's quite ironic...in addition to gra-co's comment above, of course! I'm guessing that this will be a four-parter after this past Saturday's episode?
    I liked the gravelly voice of the deposed king. Reminds me of Galvatron.

This season is going very well and I'm excited for it! Great animation and plots with some teeth to them. Love the idea of a proxy war and it definitely is reminiscent of the Vietnam War and the "advisors" we sent in at the beginning. Good luck to these guerrillas. At least we can tell the difference between the "good guys" and the "bad guys" in this episode. Can't say the same for later in the Clone Wars, though...

17. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Great episode this past Saturday morning. Very good writing and I liked the personal journey each youngling had to go through. Perhaps some of you will be frustrated cause there were no clone troopers in it, but this was a good heartwarming tale that is good for young and old. Good stuff!

18. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    WOW! Best episode yet!!?! Lots of action that last 10 minutes, I could not have predicted this turn of events despite the clips shown last summer of this episode. The droid arc was very underwhelming, but this storyline really got my Star Wars fanboy blood flowing again.

nnaydolem likes this.
  19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I agree! this weekends was the best...i actually teared up. It was SOOOOOOO WELLLLL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Came out of the FOG to catch the first 3 new Eps of the second half of Season 5 on StarWars.com...

OH-MY-GREEDO!!!

Amazing.
    Epic!
    Phenomenal!!
    Adventurous to THE MAX!!!
    Loved that Katie S. did a voice for this story arc.

What a welcome distraction. ^:)^

... and yeah Nnay, I was crushed by the death of the Dutchess. Poor Obi. :(

21. Nagayoshi

Nagayoshi Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2012
    The Lawless is my favorite episode hands down! I've watched the 3 episode arc 4 times already... soooo good!

Major badassery! Final lightsaber fight was ... hhhnnngggghh! I love Sidious!

22. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Sabotage was an interesting segway from such (as Nagayoshi put it) Badassery of the last 3 Eps. I find it fun that they always find a way to touch on what will become of Anakin in small ways as he expresses his opinion about good Jedi and bad Jedi to Ahsoka at the end. [face_thinking]

23. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    So... The Jedi Who Knew Too Much?

Ahsoka's End? Ahsoka's Turn?... to the Dark Side? It's the thing I've wondered most about from the start of the series. How does Anakin let go?
    I had a smile when Tarkin grabs her chin like he does Leia's. Classic nod. =D=

... and if this is the beginning of the 4 part season 5 finale, will season 6 be the last Clone Wars? I had not heard. Anyone?

24. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I haven't heard if this will be the last season. I know they'll have at least a season 6, but I haven't heard of a confirmation beyond that. Have you he-guy?

I'm liking the Ahsoka on the run story line. Very dramatic and I'm totally rooting for her to find out what happened. Of course she didn't do it and not even in a moment of anger. She's was frustrated earlier in the episode, but not enough to turn to the dark side and choke the (Russian) prisoner...The Mortis Trilogy not withstanding.

I don't think we as the audience will find out who did it (anybody seen Dooku recently?!?) but she probably won't.

I liked the whole scene at the end of the tunnel between Ahsoka and Anakin. It shows character growth and a level of trust that both of them have and are still developing for each other. Dave Filoni also made a good point that this is a good episode because it's calls forth not only Vader hunting Jedi with Stormtroopers, but also Order 66 with Jedi being hunted by the military complex that the Republic in becoming...The Empire! The featurette for those wanting a bit of commentary on the episode: http://starwars.com/explore/the-clone-wars/ep518/#!/media/commentary.

Good stuff and I'm excited for the last two episodes. Alas, only 2 more this season...

Obey Wann likes this.
  25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    really only 2 more????? UGH!

well poop! it's been a really great season and i LOVE watching it while i am having breakfast on saturday morning...makes me feel like a kid. :)