main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I've got some beef with this board. (Rant.)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by SilverFox0440, Jun 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    "Silver fox, are you british or simply retarded?! "

On behalf of all the Brits out here..

Hey!

Thank you for your time. :)

Pete

2. Darth_Apporth

Darth_Apporth Jedi Master star 1

Nov 29, 2001
    Quin-Dara-Ken:
    P.S. hmm... funny, I'm new and so far on this post... I have NO Spelling ERRORS!!!

Let's see...
    so my spelling and writting is short than "un-educated" and guess what? I also took French classes for two years, still calling me dumb because I'm a "newbie?"

PS. I am British... You are welcome...

;)

3. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    I also am conisidered more than just a good writter

Another ironic observation spotted by a fellow Brit :)

4. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    People: THIS POST WAS BUMPED FOR THE HECK OF IT. THE DISCUSSION WAS NOT MEANT TO BE CONTINUED :).

TAC- agreed. THIS was one post I woulda left at the bottom, but hey ,whatever :D.

Whenever newbies (or vets) get into trouble or want to post something stupid or funny, just think: What Would Neszis Do? WWND? Im coming out with the teeshirt and the bracelets, as well as the commercials. :D just kidding...the Neszis isnt blasphemous.

~Neszis~

5. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    hey Neszis, get a bobble head with WWND so I can put it on top of my computer so that when I go into the depths of the board again I can remember... What Would Neszis Do?

6. Neszis

May 23, 2001

:D

WWND?

~Neszis~

7. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    now you are just scaring me... maybe a WWC_e_cD, What Would Carl_el_cee do?

8. Carl_el_cee

Carl_el_cee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    ermm... explaing, WD. I didnt understand your last message :D

Carl

9. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Carl_el_Cee?

He'd do a multipass render of the texture shading with a bumpmap on the face in the vertex paint on the 3ds material phase, then lights it with a box lamp of the new mesh.

Among those buzzwords I just threw out, what did I just say?

~Neszis~

10. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Among those buzzwords I just threw out, what did I just say?

Not a damn thing...

M. Scott

11. Lots

Lots Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    read the first page of this thread

got really lazy and stopped...

but i wanted to explain something (dunno if it was explained on the other 2 pages :p)

Dark matter is what astronomers call the matter in space that is not luminus... ie carbon iron.. anything that doesnt glow.. that is dark matter.. the reason this dark matter exists is because some astronomers want to believe that the universe will expand until a certain point then stop and the outward force (the expansion of the big bang) and the inward force (gravity) will be equal thus the universe will be of constant size.. ANTI matter is what you probably you want.. antimater is just the inverse of matter.. with one minor problem :p when anti matter and normal matter collide they anihilate eachother... (so a darksaber vs a lightsaber would result in a rather explosive and violent end to a very large region of space :))

then again this may have been pointed out in the other pages of this post but since its 5:30 am and im lazy.. i didnt read those other pages... sooo im sorry if i repeted anythign :) but i just had to get it out :p or else it would have bugged me ...

Next about the newb's to the forums ... granted alot of them have alot to learn about how things work around here.. and alot dont have the experiance they should b4 they start on thier fan films.. but this is a place to learn and improve one's skills and there's no better way than to learn from someone who does know.. right? maybe insted the newbs could learn how to get help and not be so dependant on the person teaching.... IE they can figure things on thier own and the teacher is merely there to point them in the right direction or help out when there is something complicated.. u have to admit those little trivial questions that can be answered by browsing thru web pages ought to at least get them up to speed with terms and the mind set for this kind of job/hobbie

the best thing i can say to newbs is LEARN THE BASICS then come to us for advanced help because its very difficult for us to help if you do not know the terminology.. all it takes is a little effort on your end

12. Darth_Apporth

Darth_Apporth Jedi Master star 1

Nov 29, 2001
    Qui-Dara-Ken:
    The fact that this story doesn't have the "Artististic presentation" or "creative Edge" that you expect

Still think there are no spelling errors?

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.