main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp January 2004 meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JangoFett3263827, Dec 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JangoFett3263827

JangoFett3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2003
    Since Darth Snowstorm delayed our watching the clone wars I was thinking we could do that this time. The new LEGO minis are out so we could put those together. Maybe we could also set up a video game tournament for the next meet? This is a lot and we also have to do stuff that we were going to do last time so we could do some of this at later meetings.

2. Sabaccs_luck

Sabaccs_luck Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2003
    Well I was thinking a few rousing rounds of Sabacc would be fun.

And I thought I might sway some of you all into a new sci-fi addiction... called Cowboy Bebop. A Japanese animation about Bouty Hunters in a near and Gritty future. Great stuff.

Definitely in on a little lego action, maybe get fellow lego buffs to contemplate making custom mini-figs with me.

3. JangoFett3263827

Jan 31, 2003
    Sabacc would be fun but I don't think we have a deck. I was going to make a deck this summer but I never got around to it.

4. Sabaccs_luck

Sabaccs_luck Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2003
    I made and printed out a designer deck with a differant backing for two seperate decks on my printer. A relative is going to make color copies for me (so all four should be ready for Jan 4, maybe I'll send one to Lucas and see if he wants it included in the movie :) ) So I'll have four possably usable and good looking cards and I have a printing that didn't line up properly so I couldn't put a back design (and they are a lower resolution) that I can cut out by hand and leave at the cantina.

Makeing color copies would be too expensive to do if a family memeber hadn't offered. A single deck would cost you close to $20 front and back and $40 for two decks which you really need with more then three to four players. The cost is crazy for cards and on top of that It's copy righted material (rules, concept and mostly design too). So unless Lucas sees them and says "Would you be willing to design a set and print millions (at bulk bussiness rates) for retail and send me ten percent of the profits." These are likely to be the only ones from me, and not saleable in any way.

5. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    I talked to Rik on Saturday when Jason and I went to the Cantina and he mentioned that you were making Sabacc into a real card game which I think is an awesome idea. Hey Andrew I like your idea for a video game tournament. Unfortunately I'm building my mini LEGO'S that I bought at the Cantina this week.

6. JangoFett3263827

Jan 31, 2003
    Wow! That is awesome. I hope we can really get a good game going. I have poker chips to use for betting. Obviously, we won't be betting with real money but it will still be a lot of fun.

7. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    I'll bring Thumb Wars again so those who haven't seen it can. I know that we will pretty much cover everything that wasn't at the last meeting, so it might go for awhile. We have lots to discuss!!

8. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Here is an update of what issues will be addressed at the next MANCHESTER MANDALORIAN meet:

[ul][li][b]FAN FORCE FORUM - [/b]As everyone is now well aware of we have our own forum, and we should discuss how we want to present the forum to people who visit us there. Posting guidelines, code of conduct, etc should be discussed.[/li]

[li][b]CITY REP - [/B] We as a group have to take a vote as to who will be the [b]City Rep (CR)[/b] of the [color=red][b]MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS[/color][/b] will be. Roll and responsibilities will be covered.[/li]

[li][b]MEMBER PROFILE PHOTOGRAPHS - [/b] Remember to look your best at this meet as we are going to have our photos taken for our profiles on the [color=red][b]MANCHESTER MANDALORIAN[/b][/color] home page. Let's put forth a great image![/li]

[li][b]MISSION STATEMENT - [/b] We have a couple of outstanding drafts for mission statement, and should take just a couple of minutes to go over them and make it official.[/li]

[li][b]ACTIVITIES - [/b] We have a full slate here as well, with the viewing of [b]Thumb Wars[/b] for those that missed it or want to see it again; learn to play [b]Sabacc[/b] from [b]Sabaccs_luck[/b]; perhaps a video game tournament suggested by Andrew, and maybe show off some of our neet-o new Star Wars stuff we got for Christmas![/li][/ul]
    [hr]

As a reminder, we will be paying for [b]December and January dues[/b] at this meeting!

If I have left anything out, please post here.

Hope everyone has a Happy Holidays!!

9. Wenji_Mamanc

Wenji_Mamanc Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2003
    Well first off I wanna say I hope everyone and thier families had a joyful and safe Christmas (hope everyone got all thier Star Wars items they have always wanted...), and I hope everyone has a festive and safe New Years....
    As for the Jan. Meeting:
    PHOTOS - I'm looking forward to seeing EVERYONE there and I'll get with Rik to set off an area (maybe by the Deathstar Lights?) so we can get the members photos done as soon as everyone is there (I will be bringing my studio light in for this, so dont mind the umbrella opened up inside ...lol).
    I'm also going to bring in more bio sheets and ask that all of you take a few minutes and fill them out (those of you that have not already done so that is) and leave them with me by the end of the meeting.
    T-SHIRTS - There have still been some questions on what style of text we should use and I have made a sampling of some different ones for us to a vote on, the sample can be found here T-Shirt Text Styles.
    Please respond with the letter (A thru F) next to the style that you would like us to use (in case there is a tie on 2 or more styles we will revote on only those styles until an agreement among all of us is reached).
    All the activities planned for this meeting means we have a full day of fun in store for us.
    I dont get to post too often but when I do man do I ramble on and on and on and on.....lol

CYA Next Year, Jim

10. Wenji_Mamanc

Wenji_Mamanc Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2003
    I'm not sure if anyone has gone to our website recently, but I have taken it offline for a short time so that it can be updated and the content layout can be revised.
    The site will go back online once everything has been updated.
    Oh and in case youre wondering our logo is up on it.....and it looks good if I must say so myself.....lol
    check it out... MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.