main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio January/February Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jade-Walker, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Now that we've hammered out the time and place of the next meeting I'll announce it here:

Monday January 31st at 7 pm
    Directions here

NOTE: contingency plan in case of snow or bad weather will be Monday February 7th, same time, same place ;)

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    You guys were my fisrt post on the new system...hope you catch the certain movie theme I used to add some detail to the story ;)

3. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Nice Starship Troopers theme... :D

4. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
  5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Thanks!

Hey, you guys are on the frontlie of the Ohio/Michigan border...trying to recruit new members, seemed fitting :)

6. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    snap hiss *purple blade ignites*
    Yeah. Gotta keep those U of M fans on their side of the line! [face_devil]

Anyways, just got word from Fitzhume from the Ohio Garrison boards that he will be joining us on Monday :D
    So it won't be just you, your family and me, Toby. :p

7. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Cool. Not sure on if my son will be coming along, but the wife will be.

8. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Great :)
    IS she into SW, too?

9. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    She lives in a house with 2 Star Wars nuts... ;)

And she was all for decorating my son's room in a Star Wars theme.

She's not a huge fan, but she's supportive of our fandom.

10. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Did you see that there will be EPI III fabrics starting in April? :eek:
    I"m going to buy it by the bolt for when I have little SW geeks of my own some day. :p
    I guess they are thinking of coming out with OT fabrics later in the year. :D

11. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I figured we'd better make sure some of the stuff from "back for good" thread made it here.

The idea of a website has come up. I'm going to get more info from Jedi_bmack from the JKOC on what that would entail for us.

I've also whipped up some quick business cards for when we encounter people out and about that might be interested.

We can talk about those issues and recruiting at the meeding. Also events that are coming up.

Any other orders of business that you can think of while we sit in the Loma's cantina?

12. MaverickJedi

MaverickJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2004
    Definitely a good idea to bring these things up at the meeting. As I said in the other thread, I have done sites myself from free hosting sites with success. There are certain limitations involved - however, no expense.

Lots to talk about tomorrow, huh?!

13. MaverickJedi

Apr 11, 2004
    Ok, JUST as a reference, I made a mock-up of a home page for a site, it only took 5 minutes. It's at www.blackswampsquadron.freehosting.net. That will give everyone an idea of what a site could be like, and what the limitations would be on a free server (i.e., pop up ads).

14. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Nice work.

Check out the World of Warcraft guild page in my sig. That's done using a free forums/portal package that I got (and made some modifications to). It could of course be redone in a different color scheme and with different features enabled/disabled.

We can also discuss positions that we should fill.

15. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Just wanted to say that I had a great time meeting you, Tobey, Mrs. Tobey, baby-Tobey-to-be, and Scott :D
    We'll have to do decide when to do this again. Hopefully before CIII. ;)

Hmmm...a thought would be to have a "work meeting" where Scott can work on his armor and I can work on some sewing and Tobey video games? Is there something else you could work on in parallel with us? Website?

The meeting was mostly social.
    (1) But we distributed the temporary Black Swam Squadron business cards.
    (2) We discussed the website. It would be a good idea, to give us an independent place to post and somewhere where we might get some "hits" from browser searches. But we will have to get more info on pricing--esp with only a couple of us to chip in. ;)

16. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I also forgot to include that Tobey will be working on finding the old Black Swam Squadron logo and then using it to make some fliers for promotion. :D

17. MaverickJedi

Apr 11, 2004
    I'm sorry I missed it. I got off work last night and crashed... I am sick as a dog. :p I am going to the docs to get some antibiotics, which I only do about once every 5 years.

I do have 2 more friends interested in coming to the next meeting. They were asking if Black Swamp is going to go to the 12:01 show of Episode III at the big theater in Maumee. I told them I would keep them posted.

back to bed for me... can't stop coughing :p

18. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    That happens. Hope you feel better soon. :)

19. Fitzhume

Fitzhume Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    It was great to meet you guys as well.

That sounds good to me. You are welcome to my place anytime. I have several computers if you need to work on web stuff, also all the consoles with plenty of games on the big screen to play(Xbox, Gamecube, PS2), and a sewing machine if you need to use it. Just let me know what you think and we can set something up for one day. That should be fun. Later.

20. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Hey fitzhume! Good to see you found the place. :D

A work days sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind helping with your armor a bit, but I'd probably be more worried about screwing something up!

21. Fitzhume

Fitzhume Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    As long as there is doulbe/triple and more checking before gluing/cuttin or whatever..everything would be fine.

22. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Awww shucks.

And I like to cut twice, measure once... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.