main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Fan Force Thread

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by snap-hiss, Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I brought this idea up in the Complaints thread, and it was suggested that it get it's own thread.

I think this is a great idea to get the member population's attention and tell them about FF. It's kind of late right now, so I'll start a rough draft tomarrow and post it here.

!snap

2. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
  3. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    ***** Here's the second draft. Feel free to post any suggestions or changes. *****

Welcome to the Fan Force open house. In an effort to get the word out to you (the member population of the JC) about Fan Force, the Fan Force staff has created this thread as an information resource for anyone and everyone who doesn?t know what Fan Force really is. Here you will find all the information you need to learn about what it is and how to get involved in the fun.

Fan Force was created to get SW fans together in their community. Ever fell like you?re the only SW fan in your area? Fan Force is your answer.

So how can you get in on the action? Good question. Fan Force is divided into regions which are then divided into local chapters. Here is a complete list of each region and chapter complete with its RSA and City Reps. RSAs run a region and City Reps represent each chapter at the local level. So check out this list, no doubt there is a working chapter near you. The name is a link to that chapter's board where you can chat with others from your area. If there is not a working chapter near you, you can get involved in forming one. Just find your region on the region list at the bottom, and look for the board nearest you. If there isn?t a board for your area yet contact the RSA for your region and ask for it to be added. For more information on starting your own official chapter refer to the Fan Force FAQ.

Northwest Region: jedimasterED (RSA)
    jedi5150 - Idaho Falls, ID: Idaho Falls Star Wars Alliance
    Gold Leader - Seattle, WA: The Seattle Star Wars Society
    Jedi Greg Maddux - Watertown, SD: Watertown, South Dagobah System

Midwest Region: Bobafemme and Sebulba-X (RSA)
    Darth Astuart, Bosh Talk, Mos_Eisleian_Radio - Chicago, IL: The Chicago Force
    whojedi - Indianapolis, IN: Indy Knights: Hoosier Daddy, Luke?
    Doright - Minneapolis, MN: The Minnesota Force
    paperclipx - Omaha, NE: Omaha FanForce
    BaseDeltaZero - South Bend, IN: South Bend FanForce

Northeast Region: Rox (RSA)
    Grand Admiral Reese - Boston, MA: Boston Rebels
    Rox -

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Good work Snap. I added a link to the Frequently Asked Questions page.

5. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Great job, snap! :)

I changed the city rep listed for Ft. Lauderdale, as AxtonTredway has relinquished his CR position to stacey113.

6. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Nice idea for a thread. :)

Would someone please add the link to the German Speaking FanForce to the list? :)

And how about the general Community as well? ?[face_plain]

7. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    A Mod will have to make those changes as I can no longer edit the post. I also noticed that "Amidala Starkiller, JediFred" needs to be blued.

What do you all think? What changes or additions need to be made before it is posted?

!snap

8. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    Looks pretty good to me. Good job,snap :)

9. PatJedi82

PatJedi82 Ex-Mod star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 31, 2000
    Done Morgaine. I just added the link to our board. :)

10. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Thanks Pat. :)

But on the forums list at the bottom of snap's message the GSFF is still missing...

11. PatJedi82

Aug 31, 2000
    Yeah! Sorry! Forgot about that!

Done ;)

12. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    One thing I forgot to add was a link to the Fan Force page. I guess that is pretty important. Maybe add it somewhere in the opening.

!snap

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Added links to the Fan Force main page and staff pages.

14. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    Thanks Rox. So do we think this is ready for posting?

!snap

15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Looks good to me, anyone else got anything to add?

16. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    Who's going to post it?

EDIT: another good question, what do we title this thread when it is posted?

!snap

17. PatJedi82

Aug 31, 2000
    A guide to FanForce maybe?

18. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Forgot to mention I added the Celebration forums, as they fall under Fan Force jurisdiction, and I made a couple of formatting edits.

I think the title should be something to the effect of "Fan Force Open House" or something to the effect of an invitation to learn about our groups and join the fun. You'll want to at least state as much in the intro as a lot of people see the same "grass-roots" paragraph all the time and probably gloss over it. Each of the established groups could have a corresponding "Open House" thread, if they don't already have one, explaining the group itself, it's history, some basic rules of the forum, etc.

19. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    Fan Force Open House... I like that.

EDIT: maybe this would be a better intro, also eliminating the little paragraph at the bottom. It could even have more added to it if anyone comes up with anything else:
    Welcome to the Fan Force open house. In an effort to get the word out to you (the member population of the JC) about Fan Force, the Fan Force staff has created this thread as an information resource for anyone and everyone who doesn?t know what Fan Force really is. Here you will find all the information you need to learn about what it is and how to get involved in the fun.

Fan Force was created to get SW fans together in their community. Ever fell like you?re the only SW fan in your area? Fan Force is your answer.

So how can you get in on the action? Good question. Fan Force is divided into regions which are then divided into local chapters. Here is a complete list of each region and chapter complete with it?s RSA and City Rep. RSAs run a region and City Reps represent each chapter at the local level. So check out this list, no doubt there is a working chapter near you. The name is a link to that chapter's board where you can chat with others from your area. If there is not a working chapter near you, you can get involved in forming one. Just find your region on the region list at the bottom, and look for the board nearest you. If there isn?t a board for your area yet contact the RSA for your region and ask for it to be added. For more information on starting your own official chapter refer to the Fan Force FAQ.

!snap

20. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I like, I like!! :D

21. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    Good work :)

But I see no link to New Zealand-South island and Nordic countries...

22. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Very nice work, Snap Hiss. I'm so glad I discovered the FF section of the forums. It's fun to meet people from your area of the world.

23. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Edited in the second draft at the top, inserted the link of the Nordic countries, made New Zealand South the same as the NZ main, since it appears that both groups are sharing the same forum. If that's incorrect than let me know.

There's a nice thread in the City Reps' forum with the listing of non-TFN FF web sites...do we want to add those in as well?

24. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I added links to all the RSA's profiles. I'm working on links to the CR's now.

25. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I got all the CR profile links up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.