main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Go Home (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, Sep 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Title: Jedi Go Home
    Author: Jane Jinn
    Category: angst, adventure, hurt/comfort
    Rating: PG-13 for some violence
    Spoilers: Minor ones for JA 1-9
    Disclaimer: Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon belong to George Lucas. I'm just borrowing them!
    Summary: After losing his memory, Obi-Wan is not happy about being rescued by Qui-Gon
    Time frame: Obi-Wan is 18
    Archives: QGJDL, jalibrary, others please ask

"Hello, young man."

He blinked a few times and finally managed, despite the pain in his head, to focus on the middle-aged man bending over him.

"I'm Doctor Fulk Maethum. Can you tell me your name?"

"Where am I?"he asked instead, glancing around. It didn't look like an infirmary. It looked...different. Like a cross between a bedroom and an office, but...cosy, somehow.

"You're in my home. You ran right in front of my car last night and cracked your head on the curb when you went down. Look here, tell me how many fingers I'm holding up."

"One."

"Hmm,"Dr. Maethum assented, then asked,"Do you remember your name?"

He frowned. He had a name, didn't he? It was right on the tip of his tongue. He just had to remember it. Why couldn't he remember?

"Never mind. It's all right. You've had a nasty blow to the head and you'll probably be confused a while longer, but you'll mend. Why don't you sleep some more now?"

"All right."He closed his eyes, and when he opened them again, the light in the room was different. His headache had also diminished somewhat. Dr. Maethum had gone, and there was a young woman sitting in an armchair across from him, glancing at a book and twisting one of her dark blonde braids around her finger. As he shifted slightly, she looked up, then smiled."Hey!"

"Hello,"he replied, his voice a bit raspy.

"I'm Rixiar. Rixiar Maethum, but you can call me Rixi."She had an impish smile with twinkling eyes.

"I'm--uh--I still don't remember--"

"It's all right. Dad said you might not. I'll just get him now."She went to the door and he could hear her shouting down the hall,"Da-ad! Dad! He's awake!"

There was a grumbled reply, and a few moments later, Dr. Maethum came into the room, pulling a bathrobe around him."Funnily enough, so am I, and no doubt half the neighbours, too."

"Sorry, Dad, but you did tell me to call me."

"I had visions of you sneaking quietly to my bedside and shaking my arm,"Dr. Maethum said.

"Oh, Dad! You and your visions!"Rixi grinned and took her seat in the armchair again.

"Do you think you can sit up?"Dr. Maethum asked, turning his attention to his patient.

He managed, but leaned back against the wall with dizziness. Dr. Maethum ran gentle fingers over his head, and he winced as the man hit a sore spot."Hmm. Swelling's gone down some. How do you feel otherwise?"

"Dizzy. My head aches, too."

"Well, that doesn't surprise me. Nauseous?"

"No--not really."

"Thirsty?"

"Yes."

"Rixi, is there any tea left?"

At her father's glance, Rixi hastily let go of her hair and smiled sheepishly."Sorry, Dad, I drank the last cup half an hour ago."

"Well, get him some water, then. And put the kettle on while you're up."

Rixi returned soon with a glass of water, and he took several swallows. It tasted nicely cool."Thank you."

"Do you remember anything more to-day?"

He closed his eyes and tried to concentrate, but the only memory he had was of being in this room in a dimmer light, talking to Dr. Maethum. That was all. He had no idea how he'd got here, where he actually was, or even what his name could be."No."

"It's all right. It might take a while to come back."

"Dad,"said Rixi.

"Hmm?"Dr. Maethum was shining a light into each of his eyes now, making him blink.

"We could call him Ben in the meantime."

"Ben?"

"It suits him somehow. Ben Maethum."

"Not Maethum, Rixi, and stop twisting your braid."

"Well, Ben, anyway."Looking beyond her father to him, Rixi asked,"Would you mind if we called you Ben? Then we wouldn't have to shout 'hey you' to get your attenti

2. padmemicheline

padmemicheline Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2000
    Cool, I'm the first to reply! Great start Jane!

3. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Good start, Jane!

4. Jedi McGregor's girl

Jedi McGregor's girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 1999
    Looking great so far Jane. I can't wait to read more.

5. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Cool. You've got my attention.:)

6. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Great start, Jane!! :) Will this involve some Obi-torture???? Huh,huh? Oh, please say yes!

*I'm a sick little girl, aren't I?*

7. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    Jane's back, Jane's back!!!!

YEAH!!

I was wondering when we would get another story from you! Great start and i can't wait for more!!

8. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    It's good to see this posted. Great!

JediCandy

9. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Damn it Jane! Why didn't you tell me that you were posting 'it' last night.....*sigh*.

MOre...More!

Kithera

P.S: I got the next bit...comments will either come tonight or tomorrow.

:)

10. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oh goody! Jane's posting another story! Wooooohooooo! :) :) :)
    Excellent start! But now you've really made me want more more more more more more more more more!!!!!!!!

11. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Sounds an interesting concept. Looking forward to more.

Please!

12. Rinin

Rinin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2000
    Yes! A Jane Jinn story. Kithera has been giving me titbits (obviously in an attempt to make me go mad with waiting for the whole thing) so I am glad that you finally decided to post it up.

~R~

13. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    So, am I to understand that this is a Jane Jinn and Kit' collaboration??

I think this is gonna be pretty cool! :)

14. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    NOOO no no no Gryph. This is *allllll* Jane. I have had nothign to do with it other then reading pieces and giving her feedback.

I have just been teasing Rinin with bits of the story-line, that's all.

Kithera

15. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Cool, thanks for letting me know Kit'.

I'm still hyped that Jane has begun a new story.

16. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Obi-Wan may be injured and amnesiac but at least he's surrounded be seemingly kind, thoughtful people, taking the best of care with him.

How sweet, but this is a 'Jane Jinn' story and since this is not Happy Everafter Land we just know things or going to go down hill eventually.

A new story thrills me Jane. I'll just take a seat, buckle in and enjoy the ride.

17. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Rinin!?!? Well...Jane please post!!!

18. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Yeah, I think I'm gonna like this! Please post more, Jane!! :)

aa :D

19. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    A new Jane Jinn story... Yippie!

Why do I get the feeling Obi is on Earth?

20. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    Ooooo... new Jane Jinn story. Must Bookmark!

21. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
  22. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn stopped pacing and turned eagerly towards the door as Ech-to-tha, the Mayor of Hage, entered the sitting room.

"Sorry,"said the Get-tro-wen."My aides have asked at the hospital and the police station. Nobody's seen him, or if they have, they're not admitting it."

"Why wouldn't they admit it?"Qui-Gon couldn't help asking.

"Well, there's a lot of resentment here on Theosne against us. They don't understand that we've managed to civilize them and bring them prosperity. Instead, they accuse us of taking every last bit of profit from Theosne back to Get-tro-we, bleeding them fatally, so they say. There have always been protests. A lot of people would literally cross the street rather than get too close to Get-tro-wen officials. They shun us whenever they can. And if they find out we're looking for someone, it would be like them to hide him from us, just to make our job more difficult. Your apprentice is human...the Theosnens are human...dressed like them, he wouldn't exactly stick out."

The Get-tro-wen race reminded Qui-Gon of cats, cats without tails that walked upright on feet instead of paws, and had, surprisingly enough, hands with fingers (and retractable claws instead of fingernails). They were shorter and stubbier than human digits, and covered in fur, of course, but were fingers nonetheless.

"Obi-Wan would not have wandered off on his own, something must have happened to him,"Qui-Gon said in a low voice, pushing down the irrational, unfounded fear that had plagued him ever since discovering his apprentice's disappearance.

"But what?"

"Could they have kidnapped him?"

Ech-to-tha considered this, then shrugged."There's no ransom note, but that's not to say that one won't arrive. I didn't think their little resistance groups were that well organised, or that bold, to tell the truth. We try to discourage that sort of thing, of course. No, we must wait and see. I personally think he might have tried to follow you last night, and got lost. I've sent out word to the patrols to keep an eye out for him."

Qui-Gon shook his head again. Obi-Wan had not been happy about the situation of the night before, when Qui-Gon had been invited to spend an "entertaining evening" with Ech-to-tha and some of the Get-tro-wen officials. They had refused to take Obi-Wan, however, as the boy was only eighteen at the age of consent on Get-tro-we was twenty. But, disgruntled as he'd been, Obi-Wan would not have wandered off just like that. Qui-Gon could not fathom what could have made Obi-Wan disappear in the middle of the night wearing only a pair of underpants, but he knew that his apprentice must have been taken by surprise. They had returned sometime in the early morning hours to find Obi-Wan's clothes still draped over the chair, his boots side by side underneath. Later, Qui-Gon had found his light saber outside the estate, lying on the ground next to the wall almost as though it had been placed there. Had he left it behind, had he met somebody who'd brought him different clothes? The thought came unbidden to Qui-Gon's mind and he frowned.

He knew that Obi-Wan was not dead, he could still feel their bond, but that was all. It was as though his Padawan was deliberately shielding from him, and he tried again to convince himself that Obi-Wan would not have betrayed him a second time. He would not have decided to join the locals, would not have allied himself with the Theosnens, the way he'd stayed behind on Melida/Daan when he was thirteen, because he'd believed that he could help the Young end the war that had ravaged that planet. He was eighteen now, and his commitment to becoming a Jedi had only become stronger every day since that last, almost-tragic mistake. He wouldn't have done it again. Why should he? Since they'd arrived, he'd hardly had the chance to meet any of the Theosnens. They'd stayed on the Get-tro-wen side, (as though they'd had a choice,) ready to supervise the first negotiations between the Get-tro-wens and the Theosnens (the only ones, if the Ge

23. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Amidolee shakes her head "Now, Obi, you have to look BOTH ways before crossing the street!"

But then, of course, the doc could be lying too!

24. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Awwww, it's only the second post and I already want to give both Qui-Gon and Obi big hugs!

Okay, I'll admit it. I'd want to hug them anyway...

You're setting the scene beautifully Jane.

25. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Jedi go home?

They can come to my home! I'd be only too happy to call him Ben!

Great start to this story Jane. Glad that your back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.