main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist JediHall_IllustraitionsOfLindseyHall

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by JediHall, Oct 17, 2012.

1. JediHall

JediHall Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    Hi It's been a looooong time since I have been here!
    I usually go around the Webs as JediSeeker1 and I used to post here as TheOnlyJediPrincess. So if there are any questions yes I am one in the same.

Here are some things I have been working on!

Digital
    Galactic Bride
    The New Leader
    The Young Queen
    In His Shadow
    Boba Fett

Colored Pencil
    Return Of the Jedi
    A New Hope
    Jawa Christmas

Gouache
    Han and Leia

Studies
    Han and Leia shadow study

Sketch Cards
    Ahsoka
    Queen Amidala
    Jaina Solo

Well Enjoy!

For Non-Star Wars art and WIP's visit my Tumblr: Illustrations of Lindsey Hall

2. JediHall

Oct 16, 2012
    I have added some on my sketch Cards that I did at FallCon earlier this month!

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I like the Han and Leia shadow study. What medium did you use for that? I've been tempted to try gouache, but price is a big factor, as if it's expensive, it's not something I would readily buy just to experiment with. But, what is it like? When using it, how fast does it dry? How versatile is it? I tend to use acrylic paint, so does it handle similarly? And, the most important factor: How bad does it smell and will clean-up require chemicals that smell as bad, if not worse?

4. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I really like the Galactic Bride, amazing job with the hair on that one. :)

Evil.

5. JediHall

Oct 16, 2012
    TrakNar - Yes I know Gouache can be expensive to just experiment with, I had to get a set for a class I had, and everyone loves the piece I did for that class. For me the first time I used Gouache, I got very frustrated with it. The medium is like and opaque watercolor. you really can not blend colors well often they can turn muddy before you know it. This is why I have dubbed it my sloppy style of painting. On the other side, I have seen some amazing works of art by artist that have used Gouache, so I wouldn't sent it aside so quickly. it will just take practice. one last tip I have is, if you do try it, don't use your good brushes, get some cheep ones that you can replace. the paint has a habit of soaking up into the metal, then showing up when you least expect it.

The Han ans Leia Shadow study was done with Copic Marker.

Evil- Thank you very much!

6. Mayla

Mayla Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Nice work!
    I'm trying to think of something to compliment but it's a tad hard... I can't decide what I like best. Makes me feel very artsy and inspired though. :)

JediHall likes this.
  7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I've seen gouache used with acrylics before, and with nice results, along with it used with colored pencils. I am tempted to buy some, even if it's just black and white so that way I can better add highlights and shadow to stuff in other mediums. That might be plenty to experiment with and not end up blowing a whole wad of cash on and feeling guilty later on about "wasting" it for experiments. I will keep the cheap brushes in mind. I have some old brushes from my grandpa's art supplies that I could use. Hell, he may have gouache. I'll need to look...

8. JediHall

Oct 16, 2012
    Mayla- Thank you, I am glad I could inspire!

TrakNar- yes you can use Gouache with acrylic and you can use it with watercolor. Black and white seam like good starter colors, the primary colors also would be good starters too, because you can just mix colors from there. Also what I do with expensive art supplies like Copics markers and Gouache (well I do it with all art supplies I guess) every time I go to the art store I buy a color here and there. its a slow way building a set but it spreads the cost out so it dosnt seam so expensive. also If you can, Coupons and sales help A LOT! you will have to let me know if your grandpa has some gouache, I would be interested in what you think about it.

9. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    What do you use for your digital art?

Evil.

10. JediHall

Oct 16, 2012
    I use Photohope Mostly, sometimes I will do shading with pencil and scan it into PS and smudge them smooth. I also use Corel Painter to textures then bring them into PS and layer them into the Image.

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice collection of work! Looking forward to seeing more!

I also see you're dabbing a bit in sketch cards as well. They're addicting, but be careful - they can rule your life! :p

12. JediHall

Oct 16, 2012
    Thanks! I know I Sketch cards and eat your life away, but right now I do them on breaks at work or when I have to stuck in one place for long periods of time.

13. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    What's so different about sketch cards?

Evil.

14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    They're small and easy. Once you start cranking them out, you can't stop. I haven't drawn on any actual cards, but I've done drawings at that scale many a time, as it's a nice scale for a quick portraiture.

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Haha! You can't stop...literally. The projects and commissions start to roll in and you soon find yourself drowning in them. The quantity is also much higher since you're working with a smaller space. Speaking of which, I need to complete a set of 50 cards by December 7th.

Must...get...busy...and stop procrastinating... [face_hypnotized]

16. JediHall

Oct 16, 2012
    HanSolo29- Good luck with your dead line! I know what you mean, I did a set for MCBA and so many things kept getting int he way I almost for got about it.

right now I, I find sketch cards a little relaxing, but I haven't had to do 100's at time. I would love to give it a try though.

17. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love your works all of them

18. JediHall

Oct 16, 2012
    Thanks earlybird-obi-wan

So I haven't had much time to work on Star Wars art with finals in school starting to take off. However I wanted to share with you my Tumblr incase you are interested in seeing what projects I have been working on.

Illustrations Of Lindsey Hall

Well wish me luck over the next few weeks as deadlines start to consume me.

19. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Nice work - I especially enjoyed your digital art :)

20. JediHall

Oct 16, 2012
    Thanks FARK205! :D

21. JediHall

Oct 16, 2012
  22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Woe be that poor Jawa who has to untangle all of those lights.

23. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I love the idea with the Jawa Christmas! [face_love]

24. JediHall

Oct 16, 2012
    I know I don't post in here much, but I wanted to give you a peek at digital painting that I have done but have only posted it on my web site.

This painting is of Queen Amadala. It is part of a series that I am working on and hope to finish soon it fits in with my Galactic Bride and The New Leader (which I just realized I have not posted here either). So I turned my Galactic Bride into a series of portraits.

The Galactic Bride- Jaina Solo
    The New Leader - Allana Solo
    The Young Queen - Queen Amadala
    Leader of the Rebellion - Princess Leia (coming soon)

I hope you enjoy this series