main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA John Williams at heinz Hall

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox , Mar 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    He will be in town June 6 & 7. Tickets aren't available to the general public yet though. Is anyone a subscriber at Heinz Hall that could get some tickets?

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I missed it the last time he came, but I WILL be there for this one! Perhaps they have student tickets like the Benedum?

3. Lando_Da_Pimp

Lando_Da_Pimp Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    where did you read this?

I can't find that information anywhere

4. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I heard it through the 501st mailing list. It's also on the Pops page near the bottom.

http://www.pittsburghsymphony.org/pghsymph.nsf/web/pops03-04overview.html

I will try and find more info out.

5. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Oooooh, I saws him last time and it was GREAT! Nothing like hearing a LIVE syphony playing the SW theme. Many other SW themes were played as well as other bits of his famous work.

You must go and see him once in your life. You will never forget the experience.

I might try and go again, now that I know he's coming back to the Burgh.

6. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002
    I called about tickets and they don't have a date for the public yet.

7. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I would absolutely love to go to this :)

8. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    why don't we see how big of a group we could get together to go and see if we could get a group rate? If not ~ maybe between me and Fluke (with our college ID's) we could score enuf for everyone (if they have discounts)

June 7th would be best for us.

What does everyone think of that idea?

9. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I wanna go me me me me me me. I'll be there if i have to walk in the snow (why it would snow in june is beyond me.....) I love john Williams' music plus he writes a lot for french horn which is super cool (cuz french horns are pretty) plus i love the symphony...i am going friday to hear beethoven's third eroica.....YAY i am definately going to see jw though!!!!

10. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    We can't really set a date until we know for sure when he's coming. I think in order to get a group discount and have everyone sit relatively close together we would have to sit in the balcony. While that is okay (I've seen shows from Heinz Hall's balcony), to really appreciate and hear all of the different instruments you should try for the main floor. Em and I were in the 13th row center right. (horns section) I could here every instrument. If you can attune yourself to a particular instrument like the cello for instance, you can hear some sounds that you just can't pick up on, from a cd, dvd or tape. Nevertheless, if you go, enjoy wherever you sit because you'll be seeing one of the modern day MASTERS!

11. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Here is their group policy:

Groups of 20 or more enjoy substantial discounts on sensational entertainment at Heinz Hall - up to 30% off on most performances. In addition to savings, our Group clients enjoy added benefits like:

* Best available seats in advance of public on sale dates
    * 10% discount on selected merchandise at Curtain Call
    * Advance notification of special events
    * Pre- and post- concert dining/entertainment options

12. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    "He will be in town June 6 & 7. Tickets aren't available to the general public yet though. Is anyone a subscriber at Heinz Hall that could get some tickets?" ~ Rox's first post in this thread.

I didn't pull the June 7th date out of my butt. I just thought it would be easier for more people to plan for this on a Saturday = no school = not as many people working

Anyone else interested in doing this?

13. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    Okay ~ I just spoke with someone at Heinz Hall and here's all the info so far:

John Williams will definately be in concert June 6 & 7. General public tickets will go on Sale approximately 6 weeks prior to these dates. The ticket prices range from $25 - $125 / person. At this time no student or group discount is being planned to be available, but that is subject to change. I was told to call back towards the end of April and they will have more information.

If anyone is interested I will try to keep up on this.

14. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Hmmm, if all of the expensive seats don't sell out, they might offer student discounts and I will be first in line for those!

15. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002
    We should get a count on how many are going if we are going to get a group going.

I plan on going with my wife but I can't decide if I want to get the expensive tickets. If I do that means I will not be doing the group.

I will make up my mind soon.

16. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm going, I know there are also a few people form teh 510st going. Perhaps we could bring our numbers together to get a big enough group together in case they do give out group discounts.

17. Speeder_Biker

Speeder_Biker Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2003
    Are you sure John is coming to Pittsburgh? I looked there and it just says his name, but says Lucas Richman is the conductor. Maybe his name is listed because its his song Lucas will be doing - the ET Flying Theme. But hey, if its really him, that would be pretty cool to see. Great music!

18. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    I'm interested

19. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    Yes, speeder bike, I spoke directly with Heinz Hall. He is definately scheduled for June 6 - 7.

I think right now it's not important which seats people want = just figuring out how many people are interested first. Because if we are able to get a group discount the expensive seats will only be around $87. Some might be able to afford that more than paying $125. So that might make a difference on who wants to sit where.

Since it looks like people are interested = I'll keep "bugging" Heinz Hall & see if I can get some kind of a package deal or something whenever the tickets start to go on sale.

20. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    couldnt you guys work soemthing out with the Hall to have the Stormtroopers march out during the imperial march or something cool like that?

I mean.....perhaps if you try to become part of the show you may be able to get discounts?...........just a thought :)

21. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I'm guessing that they might let those with a costume become part of the show but they would still have to pay full price.

22. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm out on this one. $87 is too steep for me and $25 would be like peanut heaven.

23. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    $125 is just too much for me. Even $87 bucks is a bit much, I think.

Personnally, I would be okay with 'peanut heaven' seats. After all, we are going to HEAR the music, not see anything in close up detail. I'm tenatively in depending on ticket cost . . .

Either the June 6 or 7th is fine with me.

24. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Student Subscription and Rush Tickets
    Student Subscriptions

* Only $9.50 per concert with a Pittsburgh Symphony student subscription.
    * Choose from any regular Pittsburgh Symphony Grand Classics Series, ort the PSO MEET THE MUSIC SERIES, specially formatted concerts that include commentary from the stage by the people who create the music.
    * Custom tailor your concert schedule with student exchanges.
    * Guarantee your same great seats for every concert and never miss a sold-out performance.

For more information or a free student subscription brochure, call (412) 392-4900.
    Student Rush for Individual Concerts

Two hours prior to any Pittsburgh Symphony Grand Classics Concert, students with a valid I.D. can purchase best available seats for only $12. (Excludes Grand Tier and Dress Circle Seating. Offer not valid on previously purchased tickets or in combination with any other offer. Rush tickets are subject to availability.)

I think that teachers should be included as well, but most teachers probably have an id that could pass as a college student's anyway, hmm?

25. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Depending on what time it is.. could we pin this together with our visitation at the Children's hospital on the 7th? You know, go to that and then to see the show?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.