main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl 8/29 and 8/30

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by LordJedi, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    My friend says he goes every year, and every year, he sees people with lightsabers. So that would lead me to believe that it was okay to bring them.

2. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    oh good... i was hoping that some how i hadn't just been forgotten :p

3. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    My friend says he goes every year, and every year, he sees people with lightsabers. So that would lead me to believe that it was okay to bring them.

Well, we figured the Hasbro sabers are probably ok. They're made of plastic and are obviously toys. Parks Sabers on the other hand are made of machined metal (the hilt) and have an indestructible blade, perfect for beating people with, uh, I mean, having duels with :D But yeah, I think we'll be ok. We'll just have to show them that they're just toys. Expensive toys, but still toys.

4. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    My friend says they search your bags, but nothing to intense, so just be prepared, be polite and all that jazz.

5. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Heh, no metal detectors and x-ray machines yet eh? Guess it's not as bad as going to the airport yet.

6. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Oh yeah, phil and i were just there on Aug. 1st. They just do a superficial check of the inside of your bags.

7. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey OCSWS friends,
    I remember someone had an EL lightsaber one year.. so it should be ok to bring your Parks Saber or MR Anakin FX saber. Just don't do anything stupid like assault people with it.. then for sure, they will ban them from the Bowl forever. I usually bring just a Hasbro Electronic Lightsaber toy.. mostly because it's compact. I usually bring food to the bowl, so I'm carrying a lot of stuff. Plus I wouldn't want to damage my expensive Parks Saber or Anakin FX. The choice is yours.

8. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Something that has been mentioned before, but I'm not sure if its been brought up here. Seat cushions. If you've got them, bring them. You won't regret it. The bench seats can be quite hard on the posterior when you're sitting for that long.

9. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Also, the seat suchions there are for rent and they are only $.75 each i think. Pretty nice ones.

10. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I heard the cushions were 5.00 each? But either way, are necesssary. For .75, I won't drag mine around all night.

Is OC meeting in the Odin Picnic area too?
    LA FF will be there at 7 PM. (with light sabers ignited)

11. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    .75 cents isn't that bad :p I'd rather get one there.

12. BucketHead8723

BucketHead8723 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2003
    Can someone give me the address of the place we are meeting in Pasadena?

13. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Yeah Barry can you post the address and directions here for the park and ride.

Also do we have anything set up with SD & IE about dinner? We should probably plan something if we have time.

14. BucketHead8723

Apr 12, 2003
    Ya. Are we all eating dinner before the concert?

15. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    The directions are on page 4, but I'll post them here again.

The park and ride is located in Pasadena. Here's the info from the Hollywood Bowl website:

Pasadena public parking lot, northeast corner of Marengo Avenue and Ramona Street. Entrance to parking area is off Ramona Street.

Now here's how I usually get there. Take the 405N to the 605N to the 5N to the 110N till you get to the end of the freeway (it ends in Pasadena). You will now be on Arroyo Pkwy. Drive north a few blocks to E Holly St and turn right (the street you were just on, N Arroyo Pkwy, should end at a park). Turn left at N Marengo Ave. When you get to Ramona Street, you're there. You may have to turn right on Ramona street in order to enter the parking lot. The parking lot, as it says above, is on the NE corner of Marengo Ave and Ramona Street. Here's a map of the location. If you need further instructions, PM me before the event and I can give you my cell number in case you get lost.

I have not setup anything with SD or IE. I know a few members are gonna grab a bite to eat before hand and I may be doing the same thing as I will be going to Irene's place at around 2 and going to the P&R pickup from there.

16. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    The wife and I will probably just eat on our own then before hand. I wasn't sure if you had talked to them about something or not.

I can't wait!

17. BucketHead8723

Apr 12, 2003
    Now that I think about it, I will proly' also eat beforehand. I ALSO CAN'T WAIT!!

18. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Not to sound like a woman ( no offense to women everywhere) but what's everyone wearing?

19. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I'm just wearing jeans and a t-shirt. A star wars t-shirt, but a t-shirt nonetheless :)

20. BucketHead8723

Apr 12, 2003
    I am wearing my new Lucasfilm Ltd. hat. :)

21. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    LJ, check your PMs or our forum please! :)

22. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    Brendon Prout and his wife can't make it tonight, but I found somebody to take the tickets.

But now I and the new goers will NOT make the park and ride.

See you at the show.

PLEASE call me cell phone if you get this message. 858-518-3230

Michael

23. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    Can somebody give me Barry's phone number

24. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    I would really like to thank the OC for inviting us and epically Barry, you made it all possible man, I had a great time thanks a lot for that. I have wanted to see JW live FOR YEARS!!!! Thanks for finally making that possible. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.