main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Joint DC-MDFF IMAX Event...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MuttandSolo, Nov 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Rats! I'll be heading home for Thanksgiving that week so I'll be missing all the fun!! How long will they be playing it in DC?

2. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I think through Jan.

It's too bad you won't be able to make it.

3. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    sorry gang, I'm going to a concert on the 23rd. But I'm gonna go see it on the 15th, does anyone know if you can reserve tickets in advance for not large groups? Could someone PM me the phone number that will get me a human instead of a machine?

thanx
    Sam

4. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    If anyone else is planning to attend the IMAX event on the 23rd, please head over to the DC board and post your party's headcount. Currently, we are at 15 combined members, 6 tagalongs, and one tagalong that is a possible maybe.

Isbeth, post on the DC board if you are still bringing 2 people.

One of the DC folks is picking up the group-rate tickets this Saturday, so we need a final head count so that they know how many tickets to order and to confirm we have enough to get the group price.

5. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I couldnt get off work that night, so im gonna have to decline, sorry folks!

6. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    How is everyone getting there? My friend might wanna come but he's concerned walking around in D.C. at night with just us two. Is there a way we can go as a group? Or maybe we can meet at one of the Metro stops at a certain time.

7. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, I'll be coming in from the Branch Ave. station and riding up to L'Enfant station and walking from there. Is Branch Ave. a possibility for you or is there another one thats closer to you?

8. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    You know the Smithonian Stop on the Blue line puts you out right next to the IMAX, not as far to walk as LeFlant Plaza.

9. GreyKnight

GreyKnight Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2002
    Hello everyone,
    I'm new and would like to know if the D.C. group is closer to me or you all.
    I live in Olney (just north of the beltway).
    Are there meetings?
    This Imax thing, in "uniform"?
    What do you all do with this group?
    I was looking at all these web-sites that sell combat ready lightsabers and thought "Hey, Who is out there fighting each other with these"?

10. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, except that I come in on the Green line. I would have to transfer over to the blue line. Easier for me to just walk, its not that far anyway.

11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey GreyKnight, welcome to the forum.

Yes, there are meetings. We try to meet once a month for official business, but there are sometimes events inbetween. These are not Official Meetings, just get-togethers with the members here.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by uniform. If you mean do you have to wear a certain shirt from a fanforce to attend, then no, you don't. But if you mean dressing up in costume, then you can do that if you like. Some of the members in the D.C. board are thinking of doing that I think.

What do we do? We get together and talk about Star Wars in general. We do what people want to do. We haven't done any lightsaber fighting.

12. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    GreyKnight, I'm not sure which Fanforce would be more convenient for you. In the DC force, we do have members that live in MD (near DC). A lot of us actually live in Northern VA, and our meetings tend to be in Northern VA. I don't know how far that is for you, so the MDFF might be closer. (?)

13. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, most of our members are from the College Park/Annapolis/Baltimore area. Sounds like DC might be closer to him, or else an even split, depending on where DC meetings are often located.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.