main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Journal of the Whills - Drabbles & One Shots (unofficial Fic Gift for Alexis - Updated 4-13-13)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Jan 29, 2013.

1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Title: Journal of the Whills
    Author: @CmdrMitthrawnuruodo
    Genre: Drabbles, Vigs
    Characters: Everyone
    Timeline: Any time
    Notes: Well I started a bunch of random drabbles/vigs during the move and have yet to repost them here. I'll get to that later this week. Figured to get things started by using the same journal I use over in FF.N to post the Ultimate Drabble Challenge 7. Yeah yeah, more Qui-Gon and Dooku, I know. But I swear I do write other characters!

UDC7 #1
    UDC7 #2
    UDC7 #3
    Dancing Amongst the Stars (unofficial Fic Gift response for Alexis_Wingstar)
    UDC7 #4

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Baby

The first time he had met Qui-Gon, he had been eleven. He had gotten into trouble again and Master Naki assigned him to the creche to care for the infants. Dooku curled his lip at the sight of the children, “I am not changing them.”

“Yes you will,” commanded Naki sternly. “You will do what Madame Yoo'nik tells you.” She then left and Dooku, drawn to a child, gave in to his fate.

“Qui-Gon Jinn,” he read the nameplate on the crib. The baby looked up and gurgled a laugh. “You don't seem too bad.”

Child

The next time he had seen Qui-Gon, it was a year before his own Knighthood. The baby he had cared for a week had grown into a lanky child. But that mattered not to Dooku, he was interested in his lightsaber technique.

“His Shii-Cho is perfected,” he commented quietly to himself as he observed the boy spar with a dark skinned Initiate. “But he likes Ataru... Wait? He knows the Way of the Ysalamiri?” Dooku was impressed and as he probed the child's aura in the Force, he knew that this Qui-Gon Jinn would be his future Padawan.

Teenager

Dooku was twenty-six when his teenage Padawan snuck out of their apartment. Curious as to where his student could be off to, the Master quietly followed the boy through the quiet halls. He was impressed at how well Qui-Gon avoided the nocturnal Jedi but confused as to why he went to the gardens.

He had thought his Padawan was up to no good. What he found instead should have been obvious.

“How is he?” asked Tahl. Cradled in Qui-Gon's hands was a tiny animal that Dooku had somehow missed. The master shook his head and let the friends be.

Adult

Ten years to the day since he had taken Qui-Gon as his Padawan, he had proudly watched as the eleven year old boy grew from a child into a man, a Padawan into a Knight.

“Congratulations, my Padawan,” he praised with a rare smile. “I hope you plan on taking a Padawan soon to join me as a Master?”

Qui-Gon shook his head, “No, I am not as eager to teach so soon like you were.”

“Pish-posh,” Dooku replied. “You are more than capable. Force knows, you will at least know what not to do.”

Elderly

Dooku was old and he regretted deeply that he had lived for so long while another died far too soon. Qui-Gon should have reached a ripe old age and not himself, but the Force decided otherwise.

No, the Council chose his fate, he bitterly denied. They killed him by sending them alone.

He blamed the old fools that sat in the tower. If they had just listened, had believed Qui-Gon that the Sith had returned, his Padawan would be alive and he would not be seeking the Sith.

I will have revenge, he vowed before greeting another friend. “Chancellor.”

windu4 and Alexis_Wingstar like this.
  3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Very nice set. My favorite is Teenager.

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Thanks. Same here, that and Adult. I would have wrote more, but I really wanted to limit it to 100 words each. You don't realize how much you write until you try to squeeze an idea to just 100 words. :eek:

5. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Actually, I find I've become adept at it. The trick is to think about the seed (the basic point of the scene), and what overall feeling you want the scene to portray (happy, sad, humorous, etc.), and focus on what is essential to that. I'll write the scene and usually come within six or less words, give or take. Then I cut out non-essential words or add something if needed.

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Loved the look into Dooku's life.

It's too bad he couldn't have been a wiser Jedi, though.

=D==D==D==D=

7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    KELIA He was a wise Jedi, he just didn't make a very wise Sith. *cough* :D

Lets see, Week 2 has a bit of Anakin and Palpatine, some Obi-wan and Qui-Gon and Dooku, of course makes an appearance.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-​
    Healthy

“It will be good for you,” said Qui-Gon while trying to offer his young Padawan a glass of green liquid that looked revolting to the young teen.

“I don't think pureed Dagobah vine snapper would be healthy, Master,” replied the boy, who then coughed into his sleeve.

“Hmm... It is either this or Bant experimenting on you.” The older man made a show of tasting the concoction with a sip and even he made the briefest of grimaces. Obi-wan gave him a doubting look in return.

“I'll take my chances with Bant.”

“Suit yourself, Obi-wan.”

Injured

Obi-wan stared confoundedly at the little bipedal reptoid as it hopped around the starship. “What could possibly be so bad about it, Master?”

“You've no idea,” Qui-Gon replied in the most deadpanned voice Kenobi has ever heard him speak in. “The last time I encountered one of these, my master and I spent a month cleansing the Temple of an infestation.”

“Master, surely you're not considering killing it? It's only an animal.”

“It is a plague.”

It gave Qui-Gon an injured look.

“Then its a cute one and you've hurt its feelings.”

Gizka!”

Sick

“Do I have to?” whined the blonde boy before he gave an awful sneeze that sent his braid swinging.

“Yes, Padawan,” Obi-wan replied and held out the tiny cup with a purple liquid. “It's either this or taking my master's concoction instead.” He smirked a little at the irony and the memory of when he had been sick. “Trust me, this tastes much better.”

“I dunno.” Anakin eyed the medicine dubiously before reaching out and taking it from the older man. He drank it and made a face reminiscent of a sick rancor. “Yuck!”

Stressed

“You don't sound so good,” stated Qui-Gon as he and his former master stood in the Temple gardens. “Was your last mission that bad?”

“You've no idea.”

“I thought it was a simple peace talk between trade worlds?”

“So did I,” answered the older man. He sat down on a nearby bench and ran a hand through his hair. “But someone neglected to tell me that shouting was customary in discussions. If you weren't shouting, you were not worth listening too.”

“That explains your voice,” empathetically replied Qui-Gon.

“I need a vacation.”

Frustrated

“It's not fair,” complained the tall Jedi Knight as he paced back and forth across the crimson carpet of the Chancellor's office. “How can I be on the Council and not be a master?”

“It is clear that they do not believe you are worthy.” The Knight paused to look at his friend and mentor, the frustration and anger clear in his eyes despite his best efforts to control them.

“They don't trust me.”

“It is dark times indeed when the Jedi cannot trust their own.”

“They don't trust you.”

“As I feared.”

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    “I thought it was a simple peace talk between trade worlds?”

“So did I,” answered the older man. He sat down on a nearby bench and ran a hand through his hair. “But someone neglected to tell me that shouting was customary in discussions. If you weren't shouting, you were not worth listening too.”

Somehow this reminds me of the discussions in the U.S. Senate except they all shout at each other but no one really listens. [face_sigh]

9. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Alexis_Wingstar Haha yeah.

An assortment of characters from all eras this time. :D

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-​

Attraction

Han Solo was not a believer that opposites attract, at least not until he had met the Princess. She was use to being served and having people obey and respect her. He was just a dirty scoundrel who could lie, cheat and swindle her father's crown out from under him if he so wanted.

So how exactly did they end up attracted together, much less married?

“It was that fight in the detention block,” he mused with a smile. “When she took Luke's blaster and shot the grate. She stole my heart like a true scoundrel. Who knew?”

Love

“What is love to you, Tyranus?”

“A weakness.”

“That is the Sith philosophy, but you were not always thus to think so,” Sidious reminded. “So I ask again, what is love to you?”

The apprentice was quiet, reluctant to answer. Sidious was patient and waited until the older man gathered his thoughts to answer. When he did, Tyranus was quiet, “Peace. Unequivocal trust. To know it will be returned.”

“You have loved before.” A statement.

“Yes.”

“Ah,” Sidious wore an amused smile. “So the revered Jedi Master has strayed after all.”

Commitment

“The Jedi Way is the way of duty, apprentice,” stated the Muun. “They can be expected to remain dutiful to their convictions, to the Republic and their Code. Duty is a weakness.”

“How so?” the exhausted and young red-headed Sith inquired.

“Because duty can be exploited. We will use their duty against them,” Plagueis' smile was as bitterly cold as the Mygeeto snow around them. “We will make them serve us and their duty will compel them to obey.”

“What is to stop them from fulfilling their duty to slay us?”

“The Chancellorship.”

Marriage

It was just a documentary, however, it ended up being the most offending thing Mara Jade had ever seen. “I did not do that at our union.”

“Do what exactly, Mara?”

“That!” she gestured at the scene currently showing her look-a-like being very out of character with a bunch of birds.

Luke laughed a little but cut it short at the look he received from his wife. He gave her his farmboy smile and embraced her from behind, “It could be worse.”

“Not a word, Skywalker.”

“They could have documented your time with Lando.”

Anniversary

Piett swallowed thickly as he entered the dark sanctum that was Lord Vader's meditation chamber. The room was dim and he could not see Vader which worried him. He noticed something off to the left curiously. That he hadn't seen before and he wondered why there was a hologram of a woman. Curious, he stepped over to exam her and thought she looked familiar.

“Padmè Amidala,” a raspy voice said and Piett jumped to see Vader standing in the shadows without his mask. “She died twenty years ago.” The captain swore he heard remorse in the Sith's tone.

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    “That!” she gestured at the scene currently showing her look-a-like being very out of character with a bunch of birds.

Luke laughed a little but cut it short at the look he received from his wife. He gave her his farmboy smile and embraced her from behind, “It could be worse.”

“Not a word, Skywalker.”

“They could have documented your time with Lando.”

And that's when Mara elbows Luke in the ribs. :p

Great set. They were all very well done. =D=

11. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    I love how these say so much with so little! The Dooku drabbles gave me chills.

12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Went through all my stories that I had started writing, written but never posted, notes and so on and so forth and found this. It was in response to Alexis_Wingstar's unofficial Fic Gift request but I never finished it and never got around to posting it when I did. It started out as a witty joke in reply to Alexis in the Fic Gift thread and grew from there into a dialogue story instead. She had asked for 1) someone doing the cha-cha 2) an embarrassing mishap and 3) a stolen kiss, involving Dooku and Jocasta.

For Alexis_Wingstar

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-​

Dancing Amongst the Stars

"No.”

"It is the only one, Master."

"It is unbecoming of a Jedi, especially one of my reputation and stature."

"It is just a dance."

"One that looks like a mating ritual between Gamorreans."

"Would you if Madame Nu was your partner?"

"Absolutely not! I would never subject her to such an embarrassment!"

"For you maybe. She might find it fun and a chance to get out of the Temple for a change. Who knows you might score points with her, Master."

"I can score points in less humiliating ways, Padawan."

"Like?"

"I could take her to the Opera or a real ballroom gala."

"And she would be bored."

"There is the museum."

"Which she has seen a million times."

"The fair. That is more entertaining and less embarrassing."

"You hate the fair."

"Dinner."

"Dinner is a given."

"Admit it. You don't want to do it because someone might see you."

"That is not true."

"It is."

"I am not doing the cha-cha, Qui-Gon!"

"Who is doing what, Yan?"

"Madame Nu! Perfect timing! Master Dooku was about to ask you if you would be his dance partner for the Dancing Amongst the Stars charity ball."

"I was not!"

“I would be delighted to.”

“... You would?”

“Yes.”

“But the only dance left is the cha-cha.”

“Great. It's been a while since we had done that one, but I am certain we'll steal the spotlight anyway.”

“Wait, you've done the cha-cha before, Master?”

“Erm... maybe.”

“We were the best couple at it when we were padawans.”

“Jo...”

“Sssh, Yan. It will do you some good to relive those days.”

“I'm not sure I want to relive having Master Cerulian scolding me and having me recite my numbers in Old Galactic... Mmmff! What was that for?”

“I recall you thoroughly enjoyed sneaking out of the Temple with me to attend the Lower City dance clubs in defiance of Master Cerulian.”

You snuck out of the Temple?”

“You are not setting a good example to my padawan, Jocasta.”

“Sush you. He would have found out anyway, if not from me than from Master Yoda.”

“This is rich. Tell me more, Madame Nu.”

“Jo... please, don't.”

“Oh... I don't know. Perhaps if a certain handsome master were to go to the charity, I might keep quiet about the time on Dathomir...”

“Alright! I'll do it, just don't tell him that.”

“What happened on Dathomir?”

“Another time, Padawan Jinn.”

“Aww.”

13. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I want to know about the time on Dathomir!

I thoroughly enjoyed this. :D. Thank you.

14. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    So do I! I actually have a vague idea for a short story, snippets of it can be seen over in the Holocron thread.

Glad you enjoyed it and you're welcome.