main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JUNE MEETING

Discussion in 'Archive: Seacoast, NH' started by Lyta_Skywalker, Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyta_Skywalker

Lyta_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2002
    [color=4682b4]When: 28 June 2003 at 1830
    Where:
    Dragon House Chinese Restraunt
    159 Kelley Street
    Manchester NH

For more information or directions please drop me a PM or E-Mail.

Jaded[/color]

2. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2002
    New Hampshire Echo Base Meeting Minutes

Place: Dragon House
    159 Kelly Street
    Manchester, New Hampshire

Date: 28 June 2003

Meeting Called to Order At: 1840 by Sam the CR

Minutes Taken By: Wedge Antilles ? Chapter Secretary

Members Present:
    Michael/Wedge
    Sam/Tycho
    Noel/Luke
    Les/Old Ben
    Andrew/Hobbie

Minutes From Last Meeting: The minutes from the last meeting can be read either at the Yahoo Group or in the May Meeting Thread at the Forum.

Treasurer?s Report: We have $7.30 in our treasury.

Old Business: There is no old business at this time.

New Business:

Luke and Old Ben gave a review of the Science Fiction Convention that took place in Portsmouth, NH on 27 June 2003 where they met and spoke with Peter Mayhew AKA Chewbacca from Star Wars and Robert Ricardo and Ethan Phillips of from Star Trek - they both gave it a two thumbs up. Spoilers: There will be a Chapters VII, VIII and IX based on NJO. Keep watching the books for ones by Timothy Zahn.

Lee?s Bookshop in downtown Manchester right across from Ted?s on Elm Street near Hanover Street ? great place for used books both hardcover and paperback.

Our CR will find out why our member Tessa from Conway has been permanently banned from the Boards.

Luke brought up an idea of flyers to promote group at Cons, etc. Need to design and print them so that members can have them to distribute. Ben made a motion to put together a preliminary form for members to submit ideas for the flyers.

There will be a post at the Boards for members to update their memberships with NH Echo Base.

July meeting with the Boston Rebels at Canobie Lake on the third Saturday in July - the 19th - sounds good to the members.

Wedge: Write up by-laws and a constitution for the group that state what our group is about, what is expected of members, etc.

Luke and Tycho:

Do we want to set up dues and if so are they monthly, yearly, etc. nor will they be mandatory and/or do we do fundraisers like bake sales. Pros and Cons of Dues discussed. They would be used to defray costs to the group and not individuals. Members will be expected to pay their dues; however, if a member cannot they speak with the treasurer. Three levels of memberships ? 18 and under ? no dues, 18 and over expected to pay dues unless it would cause undo hardship, membership with exemptions ? members who cannot pay dues but are still members. Dues will be set at $5 to 10 a year ? still yet to be determined.

May do a magazine with FanFic, Convention news and photos ? start with an e-Zine. Ben offered his services for copywrite interpretation. Editor must have knowledge of content - use the FanFic Forum?s guidelines. No advertising but can promote, can take donations but not ad payments. Ben will go over the TOS. Editors ? Wedge nominated but not seconded, Hobbie nominated, seconded and unanimously voted for by Ben, Tych, Luke, Hobbie, Wedge. Editor needs to write a mission statement, what the zine is for, where to send news, stories, photos, what can be submitted, etc.

RPGs: At this time, none of the members present have time to RPG although all invited to participate at the RPGs on MSN. URL for MSN will be sent to all members.

Web Site: Still want to do and need to do but we still need money to build site, pay for Web hosting and URL. Members present will pay dues of $5 at the next meeting and these will used to pay for these services. What do we want on the Web Site/Content ? Banner, events, news, Bios, links, E-Zine, photos, etc. Web site URL: http://www.echobasenh.com

Meeting Ended at: 2021 by Tycho.

3. JangoFett3263827

JangoFett3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2003
    WHAT!!!!???? Did I just see something about a probable third trilogy? Maybe I'm just going blind but someone seemed a little sure about it. If so, please let me know what is going on because it seems a little strange that it would be based around NJO. Is the RPG thing at MSN an Instant messenger? I'm guessing it is.

4. Lyta_Skywalker

Jul 6, 2002
    [color=4682b4]Jango,

No, your eyes were not decieving you, there is speculation of a third trilogy the spoiler was deducted by Kri and Ben by things that Peter Mayhew did NOT say in their discussion. So it is still nothing more than speculation however, I think it would be interesting.

As for the RPG at MSN, it is actually Message board based, is actually moving once again to Sudden Launch, I will be getting an URL up when I get everything ready to rock.

Jaded[/color]

5. Hobbie107

Hobbie107 Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2003
    Hey hey this here is Hobbie. Just wanted to let you all know that I thought that the meeting was a very good success. I thank you all for voting me for Editor-in-Chief. If you want to send information regarding cons, meetings, or anything else that deems right, the Email is Hobbie107@yahoo.com. I look forward to the Zine and thank Everyone there for a wonderful meeting. I also enjoy the resturant. Chinese food GOOOD. By the way pictures are welcome also. I also would like to thank Wedge, Luke, and everyone else for bringing the "other" situation to my attention. Now that I know about I will not be suppoting that cause anymore. until the next meeting tata.

6. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    where did everyone go? this forum has been a bit quiet.........
    Any events going on this month?

7. TheRealLukeSkywalker

TheRealLukeSkywalker Jedi Master

Jul 28, 2003
    So what does one have to do to become a member to this chapter? It seems things are kinda slugish here, so I was hoping I could bring some life back into this. I have been a life long Star Wars fan, plus being named Luke doesn't really help either. I'm just glad to see there are more of my "kind" out there in good ol NH. So just let me know what I have to do and what you guys actually do, ok? Thank you for your time.

Luke

8. Lyta_Skywalker

Jul 6, 2002
    [color=4682b4]Luke,

Well we really do not have anything you would need to do to join the group. Just kind of show up to the next meeting. Real life has made things difficult for all of us, however, I am working on trying to get things rolling once again.

Welcome to the group, and hope to see you soon,

Jaded[/color]

9. TheRealLukeSkywalker

Jul 28, 2003
    Well thank you and I will try and be there for the next meeting. I work Retail and time off isn't always easy.

Luke

10. Lyta_Skywalker

Jul 6, 2002
    [color=4682b4]I most fully understand that, have worked in and out of retail for more years than I care to admit to. I am currently working in retail once again, and know the time off thing. Talk about a royal pain in the behind...

Oh well, look forward to seeing you at a meet.

Jaded[/color]

11. TheRealLukeSkywalker

Jul 28, 2003
    So since Aug is half over I think we should try planning a Sept meeting. I don't want to sound pushy or anything like that but I am willing to do whatever to help out. I just really like the idea of talking to all of you about what we think EPIII is gonna be like and other things like favorite memory of Star Wars. Not to sound stupid but ANH was the 1st movie I saw(not in a theater but at the old Concord Drive-In) with my Moms and Pops and my Uncle John. Well my mom and I were the only ones who made it through the movie awake but that's what happens when you try to keep my father out past 7:30pm. Anyways, I hope to get some responces and whatnot.

Luke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.