main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Justice League: Unlimited

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Dark-Enigma, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. master-of-les-pauls

master-of-les-pauls Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 16, 2005
    come on mr j is feeling lonely

where's all those bad guys!

so when are we going to get this bad boy started

2. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    Tomorrow is a very possible starting date, depending upon how much real life stuff I have to deal with. If I have time to construct an opening post, then we'll begin tomorrow. If not, definitely Wednesday. :)

3. Vakama

Vakama Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2004
    GM APPROVED

BURN BABY, BURN!!!!

Name: Oswald Cobblepot
    Alias: The Penguin
    Species: Human, but is deformed and has the looks of a penguin
    Powers: The power of persuasion. With his pitiful looks and stirring speeches, he always tends to get the favor of the public.
    Weakness: Being small, he is not much for hand-to-hand combat. He does cover for it though with his umbrella arsenal.
    Height: 4'9
    Weight: 250
    Hair: long and thinning
    Nationality: American, white
    League: Freelance
    Clothing/Equipment: Wears a fur coat, suede shoes, and a top hat. He has an arsenal of umbrella weapons, whether they be swords or machine guns.
    Biography: Born into a very wealthy family, he would of had all the things he ever desired. But when his birth took place, it was anything except a happy home. When his mother took the first look at her newborn son, it was a shreak instead of a coo. When the father rushed in, he fainted with dread. Dread at what his wife had just delivered to him. A Penguin. For the few days they kept him in their care, they stowed him away inside a tiny cage, like an animal. Soon, the parent's reputations were going to pot, and they decided something must be done. So, as sort of a baby's first Christmas present, they tossed him into the sewer. There, he was raised by other castaways and animals, becoming a gangster and crook. Who can blame him? Despised, forsaken and rejected, Oswald has always promised himself to get back at his parents, and society for that matter. At this moment, he sits in his sewer home, deviating a master plan. A plan to get even.

There Mr J. A friend to keep Joker boy company.

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    The Riddler will arrive shortly, I hope.

5. Master-Korr

Master-Korr Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2004
    You asked for The Riddler, you got him.

GM APPROVED

Name: Edward Nigma
    Alias: The Riddler
    Species: Human
    Powers: Clever, Crazy
    Weakness: Leaving clues
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 183
    Hair: Black or Red
    Nationality USA, White
    League: freelance
    Clothing/Equipment: http://jpegs2.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/Riddler.jpg or http://www.geocities.com/torontodreaming/film/photos/riddler.jpg
    Biography:
    Edward Nigma discovered how fun and challenging puzzles were when he was a young boy (he cheated on a puzzle in school to win a prize), and he gradually turned to crime as he matured. Issue 2 of Justice by Alex Ross, suggests that the presence of his father, not absence, was to blame for his compulsion to hide the form of the truth in riddles. His father presumably caught Edward cheating and beat him, presumably perpetually after the incident to teach Edward to tell the truth and keep him out of trouble. The sad result had Edward telling the truth behind riddles and entered into crime possibly as a result of the abuse.

The Riddler, unlike many of the other members of Batman's rogues gallery, is more of a cerebral than physical villain. Although he is quite suited for physical combat and often has weapons ready for use, he has probably always been among the least homicidal of the major Bat nemeses; indeed, one story showed him lamenting the rise of murderous villains ("What's happened to us? The Joker's killing people, for Christ's sake!").

His riddles are in fact a bizarre obsessive compulsion; his attempts to stop himself from sending them have met with failure. This extends to the fact he cannot simply kill his opponents when he has the upper hand, but put them in a deathtrap to see if he can devise a life and death intellectual challenge that the hero cannot escape. However, of Batman's themed enemies, Riddler's compulsion is quite flexible, allowing him to commit any crime as long as he can describe it in a riddle or puzzle. He often has two female assistants that help him, usually named a combination of Quiz, Query or Echo.

The Riddler is one of the few rogues that has deduced the true identity of the Batman. After using a Lazarus Pit to cure a fatal brain tumour he was able to use the 'clarity' it gave him to work out that Batman was Bruce Wayne. However, there is no major concern that the Riddler will leak the information, as Batman explains "What good is a riddle which everyone knows the answer to?", playing with the Riddler's obsession with riddles and the greatest riddle of all: "Who is Batman?".

After the Riddler discovered that, he believed that his life would become much simpler; instead, it got much worse. Having irritated the newcomer villain Hush and The Joker, Nigma was stripped of his mental state and, fleeing the two, left to rot as a member of Gotham's vast and invisible homeless population. A chance encounter with an ex-NSA codebreaker gave Nigma a positive environment in which to recover his mental state. During that stay Nigma experienced an induced flashback that led him to realize that his father had beaten him that many years ago. However, the beating had been delivered unjustly, as Nigma had only been displaying his genius; his father, unable to grasp that his son was brilliant, believed that Edward had cheated and beat him out of jealousy. Once Nigma realized that, he also realized that his riddling need was borne out of a strong desire to tell the truth to prove his innocence in deception.

Having made that connection, Edward decided that a change was in store. He spent some of his vast fortune, acquired over many years of successful and aborted crime, to get minor plastic surgery and extensive tattooing, covering most of his torso with his trademark question insignia. He returned and killed the codebreaker -- who had pieced together Edward's identity but couldn't act on it -- then promptly stole a priceless scroll out from under Batman's nose. Since then, the Riddler has spent most of his time e

6. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    That actaully answers my other question. Two-Face, I shall be.

7. -Jeb-

-Jeb- Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2006
    So many Batman-haters. So little time.. *rubs hands* :D

8. Master-Korr

Jan 19, 2004
    dont get too excited, i'm the flash too

9. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Villain Time. GM Approved for both.

~Character Sheet~
    Name: Uxas
    Alias: Darkseid
    Species: Alien
    Powers: Omega Beams/Omega Effect, nearly limitless strength and endurance, great intellect.
    Weakness: The want to humble those who have gotten the better of him.
    Height: 7'6
    Weight: - 515lbs
    Hair: - none.
    Nationality (if applicable): Apokolips
    League: Freelance
    Clothing/Equipment:[image=http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1402/darkseid1zt.jpg]
    Biography: Darkseid is the ruler of the planet Apokolips, a post he obtained after assassinating his mother. He is obsessed with finding the Anti-Life Equation in order to use it to rule the universe. This goal also includes conquering his rival planet, New Genesis, ruled by the Highfather, formerly Izaya the Inheritor. The resulting destructive war is stopped only with a diplomatic exchange of the Highfather's and Darkseid's infant sons. Darkseid's Orion is surrendered to the Highfather while Darkseid receives Scott Free, who will later become the master escape artist Mister Miracle. This turns out to be a setback for Darkseid with his biological son growing up to fiercely value and defend the ideals of New Genesis in opposition to his father.

~Character Sheet~

Name: Nathan Vyrne
    Alias: Originally went by "Shield and Lance", now uses "Ultimate Abomination".
    Species: Metahuman
    Powers: Originally had the ability to make his body harden into a substance that even superman had trouble dealing with, along with extending his fingers into sharp blades. However, recently discovered the source of his metahuman powers and unlocked the abilities to liquify himself, control water, and even to absorb the properties of anything he touches.
    Weakness: His powers have pairs. When his body is super-hard, he can only use the extendable fingers, when he is liquified, he can only then control water. His absorption is a stand alone power.
    Height: 6'2
    Weight: - 184lbx.
    Hair: - Short, red hair.
    Nationality (if applicable): Caucasian
    League: Vengeance League
    Clothing/Equipment: His normal uniform is just a regular black muscle-shirt, blue jeans, and some tennis shoes. This inconspicuous gear allows him to tranform into this hardened form, liquid form, and any absorbed form quickly.
    Biography: Born in a small rural Ohio town, Nathan grew up fascinated with stone, rocks, and any other materials. However, one day, when he was 17 he found a mysterious glowing red stone lying in the ground. When he picked it up, the stone shot into his palm and infused itself to his spine. When he woke up, his body was covered in a deep obsidian black and he paniced. During his panic he made his way to town and, not realizing his own newfound strength, began to unwittingly terrorize the poor people of his hometown.

The Justice League interviened, and he quietly went with them. Later, they discovered that the remembered nothing of what had happened to him or how he became as he was. Vowing to help him figure out what had happened to him, they let him join as a reserve member. It was not long ago, now as a full fledged member of the JLU, that he regained the memory of what had happened to him all those years ago. With the memory came a few new powers allowed by the red stone fused to his spine.

However, as time went on and he grew accustomed to his powers, thus becoming a full fledged member of the JLU, he began to see something in the "heroes". It was mainly the founding members. They had this, "holier than thou", attitude that seemed to scream that "there way was right, and whoever disagreed was not welcomed". Well, Nathan disagreed. He disagreed with a lot of how the league handled things. And so, when the time came and the split occured, he joined the Vengeance League over the Justice League. Even though he disagreed with the pracit

10. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    can i say the bat is mine all mine

yours the the joker [face_clown]

11. Vakama

Oct 17, 2004
    Joker, I'm afraid that Batman will be tasting the lead of my umbrella!!!

12. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    wise guy eh!

i and only i have the right to kill the bat!

13. Master-Korr

Jan 19, 2004
    Do not for get the prince of puzzles my friends.

The Riddler has dibs on the bat.

switching character

None of you get the bat if The Flash has anything to say about it!

14. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    prince of puzzles ha

boys bous boys!

listen to uncle joker hehehehehehe

rember boys your old pal joker has numero uno dibs on bats

and thats that :mad: hahahahahaha

and as for you flash

mmmmmm where did you gets those lovley wings from hahahahahahhahahaha

15. Master-Korr

Jan 19, 2004
    same place you got that ridiculous suit from clowny!

16. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
  17. Moff_Yittreas

Moff_Yittreas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2004
    So, ya like wing jokes? We'll see who's laughing when I knock your teeth out, funny boy.

18. Vakama

Oct 17, 2004
    My torpedo penguins will make quick work of all of you!!!

19. -Jeb-

Feb 18, 2006
    Come, come gentlemen. We all know who prevails in the end...

20. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Darkseid.

Batman, your rogues gallery is but a trifle to my conquest of Earth. They shall be killed in one swift motion. You, however, will feel my wrath after you helped steal away my latest prize.

Perhaps, instead of killing your rogues gallery, I should just lop off your limbs and then string you up as one of your Earth's Pinatas and let them all have one last wack at you before I kill them and you.

-~This is no Zaku, Boy. No Zaku!~-

21. Master-Korr

Jan 19, 2004
    The Good guys always win. Batman, Superman, Hawkgirl, and The Flash will see to that!

22. -Jeb-

Feb 18, 2006
    You forgot Green Lantern.

But I feel as though we're even in terms of Heroes and Villains so I can't wait till D_E's opening post. [face_dancing]

Hopefully in the near future we'll grab hold of a Martian MAnhunter, Green Arrow, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman and maybe a few more villains like Mr. Freeze, Bane, Poison Ivy, and Bizzaro.. :cool:

23. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    OoC: Nice to see that everyone's excited, as am I. But once I get this thing started, we'll have to cut down on the OoC talk, which can be done over PM. I'm fixing to get started on the opening post, which shouldn't take too long. It will come soon. :)

24. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    *Trumpets Sound*

Name: Slade Wilson
    Alias: Slade, but in some circles "DeathStroke"

Powers: Slade Wilson is capable of using 90% of his brain capacity, making him a master tactician. He also has heightened strength, agility, stamina and reflexes. In addition, he has rapid-healing powers and is immortal, being able to return from the grave and regenerate himself. The right eye he lost has since been restored with an artificial eye, equipped with infrared vision. Slade also has years of combat training. He is above average in hand to hand combat and is skilled in use of all kinds of weaponry.

Weakness: Only Human... that is, can't fly or shoot fireballs or anything.

Height: 6' 4"
    Weight: - 225 lbs
    Hair: - Masked
    Nationality - White
    League: Vengeance League
    Clothing/Equipment:

[image=http://heroicimages.net/toons/Resources/Images/TeenTitans/slade.jpg] [image=http://www.tonyznet.com/titans/toontitans/covers/Slade_coop_800.jpg]

Biography: Slade Wilson was always a strong, determined personality. As a young man, he lied about his age to get into the Army. He quickly distinguished himself and became one of the youngest decorated soldiers. During a guerrilla warfare training session, he was bested by his instructor, Adeline Kane ? a woman who matched his fiery personality and superior fighting skills. Sparks ignited immediately between the two, and they quickly fell in love and wed. Shortly thereafter, Adeline gave birth to a son, Grant. Slade continued on active duty, and volunteered for a medical experiment in resisting truth serums. It was later revealed that these experiments with "truth serums" were, in reality, an attempt by the government to covertly create meta-humans through experimentation on human test subjects. The experiment left Slade weakened and bedridden for a time.

But the experiment, unbeknownst to anyone but Slade, had an unforeseen side effect: it gave Slade enhanced strength and heightened reflexes. Shortly after this, Adeline gave birth to a second son, Joseph. After resisting orders to rescue his life-long friend, Wintergreen, Slade was discharged from the army. He took up hunting for awhile, but it failed to quench his thirst for the life he once led. Unknown to his wife and family, Slade secretly became a mercenary known as Deathstroke, the Terminator.

Slade Wilson is a very complicated man. He is a man of honor who operates under a strict code of ethics, yet his sense of morality is flawed. Slade is a man who believes in using deadly force, and at times has acted as judge, jury and executioner for those he deems without honor or worth. Slade is, however, particular about the jobs he chooses, often turning down jobs that would compromise his personal moral compass, such as it is. In some occasions, Slade has fought on the side of angels merely because he believed in the cause. Other times, he has taken cases and committed acts other heroes would be disgusted by.

Slade, however, is a man capable of extreme devotion, whether it is to his family, friends or ex-lovers. He has always sought to protect those who have been close to them, and would not hesitate to lay down his life in exchange for theirs. His greatest tragedies have been his inability to prevent the destruction of those who have loved him. The death of his sons and ex-wife continue to haunt Slade. He is tortured by his helplessness to have saved them.

Slade is also a man who has a hard time expressing his feelings. His lack of expression made him neither a good father or husband. At times, he has distanced himself from those he loved for their own protection. On separate occasions, he curtly cut ties with Rose Wilson, his daughter, and Pat Trayce, his lover, in a effort "save" them from his way of life.

Despite his recent changes, Slade remains a man of mystery. Whether he will walk the side of angels or take the path to hell remains to be seen. You never know quite what to expect from him... And he would have it no other way.

25. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Penguin torpedos? You monster! I train them for espionage/destruction.

APPROVED

Name: Harvey Dent
    Alias: Two-Face
    Powers: Insane knowledge of the law, tough physique, intellect, bi polar disorder gives him two personalities
    Weakness: Loopholes in the law
    Height: 6' 5"
    Weight: 220
    Hair: Pure White one half, light brown the other
    Nationality (if applicable): Caucasian
    League: Freelancer
    Clothing/Equipment: Two-headed silver dollar, pistols http://rivendell.fortunecity.com/battlespire/85/twoface.jpg
    Biography:

Harvey Dent's nickname, Appolo, would prove to be short-lived.

After dealing hefty blows to the Falcone family Mafia, dent was well on his way up the ladder. Already a DA, Dent had a wife, and a good life. His house had been blown up by the mafia, but that didn't stop him.

Dent was interrogating an enemy of the Falcone family when it happened. The man, Maroni, used a bottle smuggled to him filled with sulfuric acid. He threw it onto Dent, scarring his face, and shattering his psyche.

Dent was rushed to the hospital, where doctors attempted to save his face. He killed them with a scalpel, and fled to Falcone's, killing the man in cold blood.

When Batman arrived, Dent, now Two-Face, turned himself in, showing he still retained some of his lost humanity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.