main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Kenobi Spin-Off Petition

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 9, 2013.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    These people who are begging us to sign the petition are most likely the same ones who are still sad that Lucas's PT trilogy didn't follow their vision.

2. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    sounds great, but i think you'd have an easier time bringing vader back in episode 7, than making a story about obi wan living on tattoine doing nada for 20 years exicting....

3. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    I like Obi-Wan and I like Ewan, but I don't really care to see a guy chillin' in the desert by himself.

4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    WOW. With all this talk of various "spin-offs" lately, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney/Lucasfilm ended up creating their own film-based EU over the next decade or so!! :p

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Yes, you want. Becasue you want it, and are attempting to get if essentially by force, you must feel like you deserve it and should have it. To further things, you also demand credit should your petition succeed. Clearly a case of entitlement.

Rest assured that if an Obi-Wan stand alone is made it will not be because of your petition regardless of how many people you get to sign it. Although I can already hear "That was my idea...." if they do make one.;)

Just to be clear on my comments, I love Obi-Wan, and love Ewan in the role. I think an Obi-Wan spin-off could/would be great if its in the cards. My point is that Star Wars and any other creative work is not a democracy. And it shouldn't be.

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Geez, folks - a petition is just a fan request, not an entitlement request - and personally I like the PT and see no need to remake it.

For the record, I would love an Obi-Wan movie. Not standing in the sand getting sun blind like so many of you seem to think, either - no point in making that a movie regardless of the character.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I think I'd prefer spin-offs of various minor characters-ones we haven't had insight into before instead of ones like Obi-Wan....Especially after TCW, I'm kind of over Obi-Wan, Yoda and all the characters that featured heavily in the PT...they've had quite a bit of exposure already...

Granted this is completely just my opinion...

8. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    I dont want any influence in their work. The only thing i want is to show the interest on this "Project". Nothing else.

Well, LFL is starting their own Cinematic Universe. And there are tons of good Storys they could tell. And for me, a Obi Wan Movie is one of them. The right Actor is there and very popular too, they got the possibility to do it, the interest, the fans...

9. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Personally I did this because I was mostly bored and had nothing to do. But I thought this was a good idea and might give the guys over at Skywalker Ranch a reason to turn their head.

I also don't demand credit. It would just be nice if I got some.

10. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Graphic got it right.

The point of signing this 'petition' is to show fan interest.

It's not like Lucasfilm will have to make an Obi-Wan movie, if 25000 signatures are collected. So just calm down. We are not threatening to blow up Skywalker Ranch, we won't take General Veers hostage, or destroy every copy of the Ewoks animated show, if the Obi-Wan film doesn't happen.

If Lucasfilm doesn't make make this movie, then we will get on with our lives and the upcoming FIVE STAR WARS MOVIES!

11. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    signed ! .

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  12. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Well since I was not a Star Wars fan till '09 I did not have a vision for it.

13. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    [​IMG]

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  14. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002
    Count me in!

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  15. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I am quite sure they are aware of Obi-Wan and Ewan's popularity, which makes such an effort pointless. I'm sure an Obi film has already crossed their minds.

16. Darth_Martus

Darth_Martus Jedi Knight star 1

May 11, 2011
    This should happen :D

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  17. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I can't imagine them not going with Ewan if this movie is contemplated. I wouldn't lose too much sleep about some new actor coming in. It's his role.

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  18. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    A main part of the petition is for it to be Ewan.

klooney and yggdrasil311 like this.
  19. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    petitions like this do nothing, waste of time

20. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Not really it gives me something to do.

klooney likes this.
  21. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Signed.
    I like the Alderaan angle, I would like to see more of Bail and Mon Mothma etc.
    To me the best part of the whole prequel trilogy were the final 5 minutes (minus the NOOOOOO! of course). I especially liked the shot of Vader and Tarkin and Palps on the Bridge and the TIE's and the Obi/Yoda/Bail scene on Tantive IV. It would be great if this was a movie about the flowering of the rebellion (they could even work Starkiller into it). It would be awesome to get the other actors back. We could see the fallout between Owen and Obi, Lil Luke and Biggs playing in the sand, Lil Leia looking longingly at a pic of Padme. We could even see Jar Jar getting killed by Vader or Palpatine. Oh so much goodness...

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  22. bighairedaristocrat

bighairedaristocrat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2013
    I agree with you 100%. Id much rather see a story about Wedge Antilles joining the empire, realizing he picked the wrong side, and ultimately ending up helping destory the 1st death star. Or a movie about Bounty Hunters. Or a movie about a group of Jedi who go on some sort of mission and kick all kinds of a$$. I want to see NEW stories, not stories that give us more detail on the backstories of major characters.

23. bighairedaristocrat

bighairedaristocrat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2013
    I agree with you. the only time i got goose bumps in the entire prequel trilogy was when they showed the first short of Bail Organa on Tantive IV. I think a movie about the formation of the rebellion would actually be pretty good, especially if it dealt with secret missions. It could be kind of like a star wars spy movie.

24. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    What possible story could be left to tell? We've had Obi in all 6 movies and got the whole story. Any in-between stuff is just filler. I want new characters or further exploration of lesser-known characters.

25. JediMasterNole

JediMasterNole Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2010
    Not really keen on the idea of a full movie for Kenobi (I'm not really liking the idea for any OT spin-offs really, the EU is too rich with cool stuff to rehash the OT which already has backstory filled in anyway). That said, I would actually love to see Ewan McGregor being a Kenobi Force Ghost for a few scenes.