main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Kevin Smith Says Original Star Wars Cast Coming Back

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by mglover92, Jan 27, 2013.

1. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Are we still talking about drug abuse?

2. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    I'll PM you.

3. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Darth EL Pollo Loco Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Its only true if he's wearing that blue hockey jersey
    [​IMG]

4. Force_Wielder

Force_Wielder Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I had a dream like that once...I was not high at the time either...or was I?

Lee_ and Darth_Articulate like this.
  5. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    For what it's worth: When asked by a fan if she would do another Star Wars movie, Fisher stated at Celebration VI that she would. She said this with absolutely no hesitation in her voice. I witnessed her saying this in front of an auditorium full of people. Could she have been lying just to appease the crowd? It's possible. I don't think she was, though; she seemed pretty sincere.

6. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    She looks like her mom as much as Carrie looks like Debbie Reynolds.

7. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Here's my guess, if any of the OT big three feature prominently in Ep VII then it is likely going to be Luke in an Old Ben mentor type role. I suspect Ford and Fisher will have small roles in Ep VII and likely wont be heard from the rest of the trilogy... heck Ford even might get his wish and go out in some glorious dogfight or a duel versus some bounty hunter (I always had visions in 81 and 82 that Luke and company would rescue Han from Jabba, but Han would be forced to fight Boba Fett alone in gunfight in the streets of Mos Eisley straight out of Leone's The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly or Gunfight at the OK Corral).

I just can't see Disney/Lucasfilm bringing a new trilogy to a new generation and making a bunch of 60 and 70 year olds the focus of your adventure. I really don't think a contemporary audience has much use for Cocoon III: Return of the Skywalkers. Give us new characters, new adventures and a new Skywalker. There's certainly a role for the OT cast but the Saga needs to move forward, not backward.

Yancy

Echo-07 likes this.
  8. Force_Wielder

Force_Wielder Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I think we will see Leia's kid or kids be the main character(s). They need Jedi training and they go visit uncle Luke who instructs them in the way of the Force to take down some new bad guy Sith who kills Han sometime in the movie. Luke trains them, they go to fight the bad guy, the bad guy whips their ass and when all seems lost, Luke shows up to save the day.

9. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Why wouldn't Han, Leia, and Luke be in it?

But they won't be central characters. It will be starring younger teens-20s

Echo-07 likes this.
  10. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    As a fat man, I am ashamed to count Kevin Smith among my number.

fishtailsam and Echo-07 like this.
  11. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I think this IS the plan.

12. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    I say that at least 1-2 characters from the Big Three will be featured in all three movies. You can't have them for only one movie and kill them all. They also can't disappear, unless the new characters goes on a battle that lead to another galaxy. I see them playing a small but significant roles in all three movies.

Echo-07 likes this.