main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Kill Bill Volume I and II Discussion

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Commander_Faofa, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    I saw a shirt online that had tux in the yellow jumpsuit with the sword, and it said kill bill. Its pretty funny, for those who don't know, tux is the penguin mascot for linux. Now, linux is under constant threat from microsoft, whose head honcho is Bill Gates. Well, I found it amusing anyway.

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Lol John. Took me a minute, but that's pretty good.

3. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Yeah, that is pretty clever.

4. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Here's a good newsclip I found at KillBill2.Net:

Vivendi Universal have negotiated with Miramax and A Band Apart to develop a video game version of the movie. In a deal arranged by the William Morris Agency, Tarantino has signed on as a "creative consultant" and will provide exclusive filmed segments to supplement the gameplay. The game's release is set to coincide with KB's home video release date - likely in Spring of 2004. So do be patient. As of now, the game is planned to be released on all console formats as well as the PC.

Great!!! :D

This is an update to tell everyone that the scheduled release date for the KBv2 DVD is August 10th.

Six Versions of the KB DVD
    I found this article on FilmRot.com, it's pretty interesting:

I know I posted the catalogue of various Kill Bill dvd releases in an ATB a couple of days ago, but I just came across this on the IMDB and it seems I'm not the only one a little perplexed by the SIX different DVD versions of Kill Bill that we are alleged to be getting in the coming year:

Boston Globe pop critic Renée Graham has castigated film studios for their increasing tendency to release multiple DVD versions of hit films. Graham points out that Miramax is currently planning to release six different DVD releases of Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill, noting that Miramax COO Rick Sands recently told the New York Times: "Vol. 1 goes out, Vol. 2 goes out, then Vol. 1 Special Edition, Vol. 2 Special Edition, the two-pack, then the Tarantino collection as a boxed set for Christmas. ... It's called multiple bites at the apple." Graham predicts that the public will soon wise up to the fact that it's being exploited, observing: "Studio suits would do well to remember the hard lessons learned by the record industry. As CD prices inexplicably increased year after year, some fans turned to peer-to-peer downloading services ... for their music fix. The music industry has been crying foul ever since and suing the very people it wants to purchase its product."

For those not in the know, the release schedule that Miramax have planned in order to milk every single penny out of Tarantino's fourth/fifth movie is rumoured to look a little something like this:

APRIL:
    Vol 1 "vanilla" release.
    Vol 2 cinema release.

MAY/JUNE:
    KB linear all in one rumoured to premiere at Cannes.

NOV:
    Vol 2 "vanilla" release.
    Vol 1 Special Edition.
    KB linear all in one rumoured limited cinema release.

DEC/JAN:
    KB linear all in one DVD release.
    Miramax/Tarantino complete boxset of all of his films in two disc special editions for each title!
    Vol 2 Special Edition.

SUMMER 2005:
    Anime Prequel of Bill / DiVA adventures

This news is very interesting indeed. Comments?

5. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    anime prequal? i wonder how good that will be. first, whats vanilla stand for on the dvd release thing? the game will be loads of fun i bet, i was talking with a friend a while back about how we really wanted them to make a video game of it. about the multiple copies, i've always hated that companies do that, yet i still buy them. i hate the principle but i wont lie, i enjoy having different versions of stuff i really like. and i really like kill bill. six may be pushing it, but thats between the two so its not too bad. i cant wait for the double theater thingy, that will be awesome. anyway, as long as they put good stuff in each version i'll buy all of them.

6. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    I just watched Kill Bill vol.1....that was definetely the bloodiest movie I've ever seen, although I found the anime scene even more disturbing than the live action stuff. Still, good movie.

7. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    This is Dajuan still.

The anime scenes would have been way worse as live action, consider that.

8. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    although I found the anime scene even more disturbing than the live action stuff.

Yeah, that was my opinion also.

9. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, V2 came out a few weeks ago. Did anyone get this?

My friend brought it over to my house a week or so ago and we watched it. It was just as good the second time around.

BTW, if anyone knows of a website where I can download the V2 soundtrack for free, PM me. Please. Thank you. ;)

And, I have a link for you all. The Bride's Hatori Honzo Sword :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.