main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kotobukiya ArtFX Star Wars figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by WitchKing73, Feb 7, 2004.

1. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Hmmm...

The ROTS Vader is great. Amazing detail and great pose, but I don't know if I could recommend it because of all the problems I've had with mine leaning backwards. Mine could just be a fluke, so who knows.

The Scout Trooper is too cool. Spot on detail. The paint apps are well done too, giving him a weathered look, like he's really been prowling through the forests of Endor. The pose has really grown on me as well. All around one of the best Kotos that should be in any collection.

The 501st trooper is the one I'd recommend to start your collection. Not because clones are my favorite characters, but it's just an excellent piece. It has some of the most intricate detailing on any of them. Every little detail on the blasters is there, and the paint apps on this one are the best yet. The pose is great too, really showing off the size of these things. You just have to see one in person to really appreciate it. I've had mine almost a week and I can't stop looking at it.

Hope that helps.

2. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    Thanks...you know I have seen and heard complaints about ROTS Vader leaning because he is too heavy. I suppose if I'm willing to drop that much money on these things, I don't want one that leans.

I'll either get scout or 501st...

3. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    i guess the vader leaning is a hit or miss deal. lately the scouts have been going pretty cheap on ebay though

4. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    nside expects the Bly on 7/7

5. n00bian

n00bian Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2005
    my 501st should arrive tommorrow (it arrived in town today per UPS)!!! I cannot wait...its almost a good enough reason to burn a sick day!

6. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    [face_laugh] It is. I LOVE my 501st trooper. It's the pride of my collection(until I get Bly that is:p ). Just a few more hours to go.:D

7. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    hope you really like it. i dont even have that one yet :p i have the shock trooper variant of it , though.

8. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Got Commander Bly!:D :D :D He looks AMAZING. Just stunning. I didn't think the detailing could get much better than the 501st trooper, but Bly has it. I have him posed with the head without the visor right now. I'll switch it up every once in a while. I'll snap some pics and put 'em up later. Best Koto yet.

9. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    cool. him in the box will look awesome with all my other boxed kotos.

10. n00bian

n00bian Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2005
    well, my 501st arrived today, and all I can say is...

[face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized]

WOW!!! Im officially hooked!! The detail on this thing is outstanding...pictures of it do not do it justice. The color is outstanding (the blue is almost hypnotizing), and the battle damage on him is fantastic!! Every time I look at him I see something new, which I really love in things like this. The guns are sweet...excellent detail. And the base is absolutely perfect for this character.

Theres only one minor thing wrong with him, and I dont think its much of an issue. His blaster is slightly bent upwards at the end. It looks like it may have just been a packaging issue, as it has been out for about 4 hours now and it looks much better now than it did then. In fact, the more I look at it the more it looks normal...so in the end, its perfect!

Thanks, SithAboveAll, for helping me get into these...although my wife probably wont be as grateful [face_whistling] . To anyone else looking to get into Kotos, this piece is a must-have. And Rick at nside got this bad boy out quick and for a great price. I couldnt be happier!!!

11. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    Ok everyone has a 501st, I need one now....All I hear is raving about them.

12. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    my shocktrooper was like that a little too.

i dont, so we can be jealous together

13. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I don't have one either, I've been trying to save my money after I bought the shocktrooper. So much stuff to buy, so little money...

14. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    For a week I couldn't stop looking at my 501st trooper, and now I can't stop looking at the Bly.:p Both are just amazing. I really want the shocktrooper too, but I wish it had come with another base like Mustafar, instead of the Jedi Temple one.

With how much of an awesome job they've done with these two I drool at the thought of a Cody, Bacara, Gree, etc.=P~

15. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3499/501sttrooper7ec.jpg
    http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1439/bly9sc.jpg

Here's a couple of quick pics of Bly and the 501st trooper.

16. n00bian

n00bian Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2005
    I dont know about the Bly...not sure I like the gunslinger pose. Not that I'd turn it down if I got a good deal, mind you...

Id love to see them do a Sidious.

17. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    Is the sandtrooper worth getting???

18. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    ^^i like how all the sandtroopers can go together at the base to make a nice squad.

19. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    I'm waiting for some nick and dent specials. :D

20. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    I think the Sandtrooper is worth getting, but mostly in the sense that all troopers are worth getting. It's definitely the weakest out of all the troopers.

21. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    He's pointing somewhere I'm not sure to what though. He was half off nick and dent special...but even at half off, I'm not sure I want him enough.

I'm going to wait til I see a scout or 501st nick and dent. I really want those.

22. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Yeah, I don't care for the pose either. The eyes on the helmet don't look right either. The pose on the grey and black is much better, but I'm pretty sure the helmet sculpts are the same.

Man, I'm loving my Commander Bly. That and my 501st trooper are the highlights of my collection.:D

23. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    i'll briefly assemble bly when he comes in, then tear him apart and box him back up before my cat can get to him.

24. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    He was real easy to put together. All the parts snapped together smoothly, which was nice. Pretty much the only one that ever gave me any difficulty putting it together was the Sith Anakin. The worst part about getting a new Koto is undoing all those damn twisty ties. I'm not a patient person so they get real aggrivating real quick.:mad:

25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    After undoing a ton of those twisty ties over the last few years I really wish I had stock in the company that makes them.