main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kotobukiya ArtFX Star Wars figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by WitchKing73, Feb 7, 2004.

1. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Pass, but for some reason I think a Kotobukiya Dooku would look cool like that. Maybe it's just his regal presence!

2. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Ugh. Yeah, I'm passing on that too.

3. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    So does anyone else thing that red saber doesn't fit the whole silver theme? I'm passing as well...good luck selling that thing.

4. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I just got an email from them about the sale. The only ones I really wanted are the Fetts and I already have them. I don't have the room to collect these en-masse!

6. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Neither do I, but er...... I couldn't resist. I ordered the Snowtrooper, Scout Trooper and Ep2 Clone Trooper, for 143 euros shipped. Dutch vendors carry these plenty, but for 60 euros each. Hopefully, my second order with them goes better than my first.

7. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Good choices. Those are all awesome pieces.:D

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Hopefully it will go OK. I have the Boba Animated Maquette on preorder with them, and the new GG Jango bust. I think Boba is supposed to ship around Sep/Oct, assuming he is still on schedule.

9. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    I have the Vader v1 and it's very impressive. I've had my eye on the Snowtrooper for some time now, so this offer from them was very hard to pass on. I picked the Scout and Clone, because I really dig their poses. Very original.

10. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Well, I got my package from R2Dtoys a couple of days ago. No complaints whatsoever! I cleared my room of all the clones (I think I have around 60 or so [face_worried]) and assembled the Scout and Snowtrooper. Excellent pieces :D

Is it just me, or is Vader v1 of a smaller scale? I placed the Snowtrooper next to him, and Darth looks er... a bit short for a Sith Lord....

11. Just_Joe

Just_Joe Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 9, 2002
    Plus his helmet is too small. It's the size of a normal head without the helmet on. But it should be bigger.

12. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    Has anyone gotten the Leia or Luke yet? They look really nice.

13. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    Sorry dude, after GG showed their slave Leia it seems the koto one has fallen off the face of the earth.

14. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    Yeah, that GG one is something else. Quite a looker!

15. kippax

kippax Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2006
    ive ordered my first koto's today, ive gone for the anakin ep2, the anakin with the hood ep3, and the ep3 darth vader. ordered from r2dtoys.

16. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    Those are some pretty good deals, but I'd still recommend patiently lurking and sniping on Ebay. You can get almost any Kotobukiya for 40 bucks before shipping. Darth Maul and the AOTC Clone will usually go between 50 and 70, though.

17. kippax

kippax Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2006
    i got the 3 for £115 delivered which aint bad really.

18. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    wish i had the money to get back into koto's.....

19. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    I wish they would announce something new and exciting. It's been awhile.

I saw the Stormtrooper with alternate Luke head and the sandtrooper tonight at a comic shop but passed. The stormtrooper helmet looks off, and I didn't feel like paying full retail for the sandtrooper.

20. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    wish they would say if they're still doing the grievous.

21. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Yeah, me too. When was that mentioned? I think it was already a year ago.

I also saw the AOTC Obi-Wan and Yoda yesterday. The Obi-Wan is ok, but I don't think the first series holds up today, with the exception of the clone trooper.

22. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    Yeah, the Clones are magnificient. I don't have any Stormies yet, but I'm probably gonna get the Snowtrooper, the Scout, and the Sergeant. I saw a Bikerscout auction end for less than 20 bucks a few days ago, so some of them are getting very affordable. Maybe a few years from now I'll be able to get a Sideshow Grievous for less than a hundred bucks!

23. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Doubtful, those Sideshow Grievous are limited edition, unlike these things. LE collectibles should be going up in price, especially something like that awesome Grievous statute.

Are the droids out yet?

24. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    3po and r2? i think nside got those this week.

25. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    The droids look really good. I'm going to get them, but they're not at the top of my want list right now. I'll get them maybe next year sometime.