main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI last chance for RotS in GR

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lovelucas, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    i was at celebration cinema last night - RotS will either be leaving on friday or staying one more week, depending on how many people attend in the next few days. please try to book on over there one more time. saw it again last night - but it will be leaving either friday, or depending on the numbers, one more week. there were nearly 40 people last night - great sitting next to a child experiencing star wars for the first time...so cool. not afraid to laugh at artoo - just about everything he did and sigh and awwwww at chewbacca scooping up yoda. and clap at yoda slam dunking sidous with that force push.

and i'm sure you guys already know this but celebration on the beltline is the last theater in the grand rapids area showing RotS - so THIS is truly the final bell.

2. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    because so many of showed up this week (you were there too, weren't you??) celebration said they will keep RotS at least one more week. heading in for #25 tonight - i don't say that as some sort of accomplishment (obviously anyone can do this), it's just so rewarding to be there.

3. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Sweet, another week, that's great! Maybe one of those times I'll actually be able to make it. ;)

4. AuggyBenDoggie

AuggyBenDoggie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2005
    wow dude you've seen it 25 times?

I'm into starwars pretty heavy but thats .... GO BUY A DVD PLAYER!!!!

:D j/k man. Well if you really want to do it right, go in costume!!!

5. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    i'm defending the fort here - 28th time on sunday - it's still at celebration but every wednesday may be it's last hurrah....
    there are always more things to see, to discover that you missed the previous times... still is true.
    anakin doesn't have his glove on when he raises his hood to begin the separatists' slaughter on mustafar.
    a tantive model can be viewed from a window in the temple

eyebrows - the brothers on the invisible hand. so cool.

6. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    just checked with celebration cinema.
    THE final showing is tomorrow night, Thursday - 9/18.
    does anyone know of dollar cinemas in our area? i can't think of even one. other cities are now playing RotS in their cheaper tix theaters.

7. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Cheap Flicks in Battle Creek is showing ROTS. Don't know if you want to drive that far to see ROTS. It plays weekdays at 5:45pm and 8:30 pm, and the weekends there are two earlier showings besides the 5:45pm and 8:30pm showings. I think one showing is at 12 something and another showing at 3 something. The price of a ticket is $3.00. I hope that helps you some.

8. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    thank you leia skywalker! most helpful, this is. i tried plugging in RotS to the movie location site and couldn't find anything in michigan except novi. i'm leaving work early today to catch the final two showings at 4:00 and 7:00 over at celebration. bringing my lightsaber too - they'll not stop me this time!

p.s. would you have the address?
    MTFBWY

9. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    Yes, I read your post and went and found it for you. The address is 15375 South Helmer Road, Battle Creek, MI 49015. I am hoping to go to see ROTS on Saturday at the 3 whatever and 5:45. Would like to go to the 8:30 also, but I am going to the fan force meeting on Sunday. Would like to see you at the meeting if you can come.

10. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    thanks very much for the address
    i was at celebration last night with my trust lightsaber - ignited it at george lucas' name in the credits.

there was nearly a FULL HOUSE! just the few front rows were vacant. i was elbow to elbow again. why oh why are they letting it go?

11. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    leiaskywalker- thanks again - i've checked with the website and last weekend must have been it's last? you did mention it may be playing but not listed - that does seem so counterproductive. calling tonight.

12. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    I checked the website and it is still there. There is a note that says they are having problems. Also, when I was there last weekend I asked how long ROTS would be there, the girl behind the counter didn't know. I would hope until or after Labor Day.

13. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    RotS IS still playing at that theater - 2 times daily and 4 times on saturday and sunday. but this was up to friday - will check again for the weekend

14. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    I will check also.

15. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    it's still playing this week! at least until next thursday, september 1st.....
    twice daily, 4 times on saturday and sunday -
    cheap flicks in battle creek
    i'm there

16. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    saw it twice in battle creek - interesting theater. fuzzier print but better sound. lots and lots of people and no stadium seating.

however they have a bunch of new films coming in to cheap flix -
    so it will be moved, but not out.
    as of labor day weekend:
    instead of 3 x daily it will now be playing only at 8:30
    on the weekends (not sure if labor day is considered that for scheduling) will be playing
    twice daily - 3:00 ish and 8:30.

for the good times. for one last time...... battle creek is where ya need to be.
    i'll be there at least twice this weekend.
    mtfbwy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.