main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Last Chance: Myn and Lara >New Year, new posts, and yes, the end is nigh<

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Ktulu666

Ktulu666 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2001
    ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    The story will go on, there's a post in the final stages, but it won't be done till the end of this weekend... sorry for the long-assed wait. :)

*Derisa*

3. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    YEAH!!!!! :) :)

waits for next post

4. Ktulu666

Ktulu666 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2001
    no problem, at least we now know where to stand on it and keep upping it for less time consuming search :)

5. Ktulu666

Ktulu666 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2001
    Up Up hurray

6. Ktulu666

Ktulu666 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2001
    waiting

7. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    Joins Ktulu666 in waiting

*desides, to make things interesting and throws a water balloon at Ktulu666

:p

8. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    Darn!

I didn't mean to scare everyone away! :(

9. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    Frowns sadly :(

There's no body here!!!!! :( and no new posts :_|

10. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    I'm rivited, can't wait for more so :eek: get on :eek: and UP!!!

11. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Okay, I'm going to pull out the worst threat I know.

Maybe we should offer to help Derisa write the story!

12. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    still no post!?? :(

13. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Jane's threat worked, although not because *she* made it: as I would love to collaborate with her on just about anything...

Actually this post has been mostly written for over a month now, it's just been a question of honing since then. Sorry to have kept you all waiting.

BTW: if you get a smile or a chuckle from Janson's actions or words here, blame Rani Veko, as she wrote him for me (I don't *want* to get that into Janson's head, thanks). So a big hand for Rani! (clap clap clap... "Now sing that song about Mace Windu!" "Janson!" "What?")

:)

*Derisa*

Wedge tapped at the annunciator panel to Lieutenant Wes Janson?s quarters and was rewarded almost immediately by the door sliding open to reveal his broad-shouldered figure. His black brows went up at the sight of his squad?s commander, wearing such an intent expression.

?Spare me a few minutes, Wes?? Wedge asked.

"Yub yub, Commander," Janson grinned, stepping to one side to let him
    in.

I will die happy if I never hear another 'Yub yub, Commander', Wedge sighed and entered as Janson peered down both lengths of the corridor before pulling his head back inside and closing the door.

"I take it this isn't simply a social call?" Janson asked.

"No, not really," Wedge replied as they moved back into the Lieutenant's quarters. The small room was sparsely furnished, with not much beyond the New Republic military standards. Janson kept his space relatively
    neat. Getting down to the matter in hand, Wedge began, "I understand you and Myn Donos have become fairly good friends."

Janson nodded slowly. "Well, we're not ready to start picking out rings or anything," his boyish grin returned, "But he's good for conversation over lum, running sims with, playing pin the tail on the bantha, that
    sort of thing." He shrugged and rested back on his extended arms as he sat on the edge of his bunk.

"How well has he been getting along with everyone else?" Wedge asked. Myn
    Donos had been trained by Janson and his inseparable friend, Derek 'Hobbie' Klivian, and had graduated to his own command, the ill-fated Talon Squadron. The psychological damage from the loss of that young team, and Myn's subsequent survivor's guilt had almost ended a promising career before it had really begun.

Janson seemed to give this question some thought, before replying with a grin creeping around the corners of his mobile mouth, ?He owes half the squad several rounds of ale for welched bets, but-?

"I'm serious, Wes." Wedge let more steel come through in his voice. Accustomed as he was to Janson's wisecracks, he needed to have this data to make a fair and informed decision regarding Donos' request for leave.

Janson raised an eyebrow at his commanding officer, but his survival trait of knowing when to quit kicked in. He was reminded of Wedge's recent 'object lesson' regarding his sense of humour. He might have all the ingenuity in the world, but the senior officer had all the resources.

"He's not such a bad guy when he's not taking life so seriously all the time," Wes replied, at last.

"He's getting better about that, then?" Wedge inquired. The other pilot frowned slightly as he seemed to consider that.

"He hasn't told me about any of those lapses of reality he used to experience...you know, like when we were still with the Wraiths. Letting loose now and then with his decorum seems to agree with him, and hey, it beats having him shoot at his own squadmates." Wedge didn't call Janson on the comment, because Donos had done exactly that, at the height of his relapse, when Lara had revealed her real identity as the person responsible for the Talon's destruction.

Janson continued, "He even got pretty close to drunk two weeks ago, at Hobbie's birthday
    party. It may sound bad, but it shows he's learning how to actually live. I think it's a good sign."

Wedge nodded, recalling the tenor of that particular occasion, even before he felt compelled to depart or risk dampening the party. "That's really good. I appreciate your c

14. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    You'd love to collaborate with me? Really? Same here. I like collaborating with people; I always think the stories come off better and deeper with two people working on them.

I'm so glad I found the Wraith Squadron books. I didn't know I was missing three of the four best SW ever written--but I've got them now! I wish deeply that I could write Wraith fanfic, but for some reason, I just don't feel that I can, at least not yet. "I'm not worthy!" Or if I did, it'd be hopeless Mary Sue (me and Phanan... or would it be Kell?) Maybe if I read them again I'd feel more capable, though ...

I was just grinning all over at this post. *applauds wildly at Rani* I loved Jansen's retorts and the way he also knew when to shut up. So, Myn's getting leave, huh? Why do I get the idea he's going to Corellia?

15. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Oh no, he's going to go and find that she's away...

Will Myn and Lara get together,
    Will Wes ever grow up (hope not ;))
    and Will we ever find Wedge under all that paperwork

Find out next time same Wraith time,
    Same Wraith Channel :D

(dont know if anyone will get that but... What the hell :))

16. Wraith

Wraith Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2000
    Hey Ho!!!

Great job and (as usual) can't wait for more... ;)

17. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    Yeah!!! great post!!! Can't wait for more!!

18. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    I know I'm going to die laughing a Wes.
    This is so great. I was really mad a Allston for leaving me hanging about Myn and Lara, so this is great. I really love the X-wing books.

To quote Stranded in space:
    TO THE TOP!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
  20. Yavarice

Yavarice Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2000
  21. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Yay Derisa!!! (see, I finally made it back here!!) *grin*

22. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Up! Up, I say!

Hmm...I wonder if Wes will attempt to go AWOL and try to stow away with Myn, if/when he leaves? :)

Nyaaaa...I'm sure he'll take his second-best friend abandoning him with good grace and maturity. ;)

- Rani

23. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    To The Top!!!!

24. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    To the top!! again

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, hey... I got into this story late (after rereading the XWing/Wraith series all over again recently)... I LOVE this story... when's the next installment acomin'?