main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Last Chance: Myn and Lara >New Year, new posts, and yes, the end is nigh<

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    ?Wouldn?t want to be shooting at the Lieutenant.?

[face_laugh[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Love that line, so Janson.
    Keep it up Derisa, I can't wait to see where else this story's going.

fanficfan

2. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Kolot 1, Janson 0 ...[face_laugh]

3. LaraNotsilMynDonos

LaraNotsilMynDonos Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2005
    lol at Janson!![face_laugh] awsome, keep it coming i loooove this story!! =D=

4. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    We want Kettch. Give us Kettch.[face_mischief] :p

5. LaraNotsilMynDonos

Aug 3, 2005
    we just want another story post!! :D

6. Fanficfan

Jul 12, 2005
    Actually... We want another story post with Kettch in it.
    And hopefully without too long a wait [face_praying]

fanficfan

7. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    His name is Kolot... he has no idea who this "Kettch" is... :p and story post is on the way. :)

8. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Spoilsport :p

But a post is always good. :D

9. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    *cough cough*

Oh Deriiiiisaaaaa .... *listens to the echo in the silence*

[face_worried]

10. JadeRose

JadeRose Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2004
    I am coming out of hiding now.

I've been following this story for quite a while, but just recently realized- hey, I have an account! So I'm coming out of hiding to see if there's anything upcoming. Just me. Wondering. *whistles*

11. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    Wow, I've been out for a while, loved the post!

All I can say to Janson is "yub yub Lieutenent!"

~kass

12. Fanficfan

Jul 12, 2005
    You said that nearly 2 months ago Derisa. My faith in the words of authors has been forever shattered by your lies.[face_liarliar] Only a new update could possibly make it up to me. ;)

Eagerly awaiting next post. Please hurry
    fanficfan

EDIT: Whoops, there were supposed to be some winks in this. My bad. :oops:
    Note to Derisa, don't take me seriously. Except for the bit about wanting more... [face_praying]

13. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    You might want to throttle back your rhethorics a bit, buddy. [face_plain]

14. JadeRose

JadeRose Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2004
    On the other hand... still waiting :(

15. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    and I thought I explained I had started the redrafts on the other computer, the one I then succeeded in virusing up the wazoo... :( I can't even turn it on now. :_(

so... yes, the story will be finished, yes it will happen, I just can't make any promises as to when. keep your eyes on the title: when it is up the title will be edited to state that. :(

So very sorry guys. your faith is amazing and gratifying, but please forgive me my issues with technology. I am, after all, techno-Amish.

:)

*Derisa*

16. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Good timing. I just started rereading my old Wraith Squadron books earlier this week (this after rereading TIS a few weeks ago). So, naturally I'm going to have to reread this too - you know, to complete my Wraith Squadron experience. Also, I have some time to kill at work.

You know, maybe it's the nostalgia, going back through all these great stories, but my fingers are starting to itch again. I think there's a cream I can use to clear that up; it's the familiar voice whispering in the back of my brain that I'm not sure I can ignore.

Looking forward to the reread and any future updates. I remember this one being a lot of fun. :D

17. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    *brushes dust off the thread*

Hello? Anyone here? *looks around* Weird. I could have sworn I heard the floorboards creak. [face_thinking]

18. LaraNotsilMynDonos

Aug 3, 2005
    *is still patiently waiting* ;)

19. Abeja

Abeja Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Hello, new reader here!
    *waves*
    Being a huge Rogue/ Wraith fan myself, I have just read through your story in one and I absolutely adore it.
    Wonderful writing!
    I have seldom read a story, that makes me addicted, but yours, is an exception there.
    So, please post more! And as for DRL, greet him for me, if he annoys you any further, just tell me and I'll deal with him[face_devil]
    More or less patiently waiting for an update( after having read the story for the first time today:p)
    Many greetings,
    Abeja
    P.S: You know, I admire you with this story. I mean, when did you start it? Back in 01? And you're still on it. That's wonderful. Not many authors can say that about themselves.=D==D==D=
    Please, soon[face_praying][face_batting]

20. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    Calling the author, calling the author...a post would be terrific right about now.

:) kass

21. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    would also like a post... *disappears to where ever he came from*

22. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    This is my 6,000th post. Now this thread needs a story post.

23. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    *brushes dust off thread*

24. X-wings_rock

X-wings_rock Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2008
    Hey,
    Also de-lurking. I have been following this story every now and then for years... Please finish it!
    It's so good!
    I want to know what happens there are so few good Wraith fics, and especially Lara/Kirney fics!
    ...Derisa: you never know how many silent fans you have out there... :p
    Rock on

25. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    The inside of the Crater was a wreck, what Wedge could see through the smoky half light, illuminated in piercing pieces by the hum and burr of laser bolts. Tables and chairs knocked askew to be cover or obstacle to the combatants, but no reek of spilled alcohol, and no casualties on their side. Yet, an insidious voice within the warrior murmured, yet.

Janson was working with his companions, edging their cover closer to the enemy's bulwark, but Wedge could see the fight had pretty much gone out of the jackboots across the bar. two were still poised for the fight, but Janson's quick fire and the steady barrage from the other guns in the room had turned the others' courage. They'd abandoned their hostage and were struggling with something beyond Wedge's view. Cornered hounds, he thought, not dire wolves...

His comm was at his lips even as he gestured Tycho back towards the main entrance. "They're running!"

At his voice, one of the figures behind a fallen table stood, and was immediately holed by both of the blasters over the bar, falling heavily, bonelessly, but curiously without a sound. Wedge's heart clenched into a familiar fist of purpose.

From up on the rooftop, Myn saw the door slide open, and his rifle was primed and targeted before it was even half open. He heard Kirney's relay of Wedge's message, but knew even then he would do what he must do. His father's rifle's stock like watered silk against his cheek, Myn sighted down the barrel, and felt his mind drain as his body's honed reflexes took over. At a range of less than 30 m, unseen from this angle, he had the drop on their flight. He waited till they had spilled into the street, only four now, their numbers halved by the firefight inside the Crater. They were dragging a half-conscious Rij with them. Myn let his father's rifle do the talking.

An explosion of duracrete a full meter high stopped the leader dead in his tracks superheated particles drifting down as he frantically searched the area around, but could catch no sign of movement, no source for the shot.

"Drop the prisoner, and you live," Myn's voice arrowed down from somewhere above, echoing strangely in the canyon of buildings. The two propping up the Crater's owner didn't even hesitate. Rij sagged against the retaining wall where they'd dropped him, and they turned tail and ran. Myn's rifle sang, as he calmly pegged each man in the thigh with a single shot.

That decided the other two. The last of his courage fleeing one of them threw down his pistol and started bawling, the other spared him only a glance of disgust before he turned his blaster in the direction the shots that had felled his friend had come from. Myn had already ducked back by then, well out of the angle of fire, so he missed the shot that felled the last of his assailants. He heard the man's strangled cry, and the thud of his body falling, but he did not feel it in his gut, as he had on a few other occasions. It appeared the corruption of Corellia's Security Force had come to an abrupt end.

Myn saw the all-clear signal from Kirney a moment before he heard the call from below, Wedge's clear tone of command. "Man down! I need a medic!"