main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***LCC VI Rules***

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ObiJuan2080, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaat

Kaat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2004
    I was planning to do that anyway. Shooting should be finished in the third week of february anyway, so I'll have enough time to do the post I guess. I just didn't realize that I didn't necessarily need to have my post finished when I hand my clip over before the deadline. Good to know though.

2. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    Personally I think they look better finished. Some guy added sound effects to my LCC entry from a long time ago, and it made it way better.

3. Kaat

Apr 5, 2004
    Yeah, I agree. I know that it's actually a choreography contest, but it's not choreography alone what made Duel of the Fates a great lightsaber battle. So I guess that a good-looking choreography, plus good visual and sound effects and the right choice of music will certainly give a better feeling than only a good-looking choreography.

4. erus_multus2

erus_multus2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 11, 2005
    So... I should use Duel of the Fates as the backing track for my fight?

:p

5. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    HAHAHA! NO!

6. ShadowDuelist

ShadowDuelist Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2006
    You should use This as your background music.

7. sithjeff

sithjeff Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2005
    I wasted about 4 of my minutes trying to go through every dialog box on that ShadowDuelist. I hate you. :D

8. ShadowDuelist

Sep 21, 2006
    Thats one! [face_dancing]
    Lets see how many more will click. [face_skull]

If you can get through them all before the song restarts, it will let you leave.

9. sithjeff

sithjeff Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2005
    God i know, and mine was in Safari, so each dialog box took an extra3 seconds to pop up.

I applaud its creator though.

10. Sojourn

Sojourn Jedi Master star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    I totally should have kept reading the thread before clicking that link. But nooooooooooo . . .

11. ShadowDuelist

Sep 21, 2006
    Yay, another one! [face_dancing]

12. SilentBat

Aug 28, 2006
    Argh! I hate you!

13. Sage_Halcyon

Sage_Halcyon Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Mike, my good man, screenshots in the LCC threads have gone back to the first competition (Ryan posting them making that really effed up face...remember?) so I don't really see a reason to deviate from tradition...

Sage H.

14. Wookieefett

Wookieefett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 22, 2005
    If you were smart like me, you would go into the task manager and end the program :p

15. Kaat

Apr 5, 2004
    Since I am taking part in this contest, I have to actually recommend you to do so. For the greater good, that is. :D

16. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    You know, I knew what was coming, I read ahead...but I still clicked because I like a challenge [face_dancing]

Once I managed to stop the screen from bouncing around the place, I startied clicking...then I remembered the magic of the Return/Enter button....15 seconds later I was through it all :D

17. Darth_Eradycus

Darth_Eradycus Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2004
    Well, you got another one. Damn you, ShadowDuelist!!!! [face_laugh] I should know better by now. LOL That was awesome, didn't think it was ever gonna end. Reminds me of that episode of family guy. I gotta send that to one of my friends that kept singing that at work. BTW, Cant wait for LCC VI. The last five were awesome.

18. Whiteley79

Whiteley79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    So who are the judges going to be this year? I've already read that Laz and Tigercrane are in. I for one liked most of dorkman's reviews, and he got them up fairly quickly, so I vote for him to stay on.

19. Sage_Halcyon

Sage_Halcyon Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    I doubt he'll want to do it again but if he wants it, it's his.

Sage H.

20. SilentBat

Aug 28, 2006
    Agreed.

21. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    I really wasn't around for LCC I. I didn't know. If my boy Sage says it's been around since LCC I, then posting thumbs are allowed.

Also, you guys will like this, hopefully, I talked to Dorkman and he said he has no problems being a judge this year. However he did say if things get too crazy around June, he'll have to drop out but will tell us when and if he will. For the most part, he's in.

So that's you're 4th and final judge. Here is the list.

1) Halibut

2) Laszlo

3) TigerCraneFist

4) DorkmanScott

22. Kaat

Apr 5, 2004
    Sounds cool to me.
    Are there any official adresses of the judges given, in case someone happens to plan to give them flowers and money for no particular reason?

23. Sojourn

Sojourn Jedi Master star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    I had other tabs open, that I didn't want to lose . . .

. . . just saying.

Take care,
    Sojourn

24. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001
    I haven't requested to be a judge because I'd actually like to make an entry this year with somebody (probably not Mike because of his impending schedule) if I have the time. I'm not in quite as good a shape since RvD2, but all the more reson I should get outside and bang sticks with somebody... you know, in the non-gay way.

25. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    I was totally going to volunteer until you added the the "non-gay" stipulation. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.