main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Legacy: The Last Gamble

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by R_Zion, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Zem Stormreever & DeeZee

The Dusty Dowager, en route to Ord Mantell

"I should have asked for payment in capturing this blasted thing," Zem complained as he struggled to turn around and grab the Gizka but it hopped off of him and away. A ruby bolt embedded itself into the flooring right where Zem had been a second earlier. "Dee! Watch where you fire that thing!"

"My apologies master! The creature is getting away," the hovering droid said as it zipped after it.

"Just shoot the damn thing will you!" The ex-Imperial cried as he stood back onto his feet and started after the creature.

TAG: Zion

2. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne
    cargo bay, Fool's Gamble

Kraid yanked the swoop from the droid's hands and quickly dragged it across the cargo bay towards the comm on the bay wall.

"All due respect, Cap'n, but shouldn't we get the kriff out of here?!"

With that, he slapped the switch on the comm. "You hear that, Arrul? Get ready to get us the kriff out of here! And I'm comin' up!" He then quickly proceeded to move the acquired swoops to the corner of the cargo bay and secure them to the floor.

TAG: any

3. Mango_Salsa

Mango_Salsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2006
    OOC: Dervin-Joss

Hey fellow adventurers, I'll be on LOA for the next few days, as my wife gave birth to our second child yesterday morning. Mom and new daughter are doing great. In the meantime, move Dervin around as necessary, and I'll catch up soon.

4. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    GM OOC: Congratulations on the new little one, Mango! I hope for all the best for your family, especially with the busy holidays coming up. Dervin will be here waiting for you when you get back.

IC: S2-56G
    Cargo Bay- Fool?s Gamble

?I?m afraid he more than likely didn?t hear you, Mr. Kraid,? S2 remarked as he assisted in the loading and securing of all three Flare-S Swoops in the Cargo Bay. ?Everyone seems to be aboard but Mr. Zhaelor?dau seems to be waiting on something, so you might want to check with him before we leave.?
    Once all was secure, the droid trundled back and watched curiously to see what the human Engineer?s course of action would be.

TAG: Sprintabm, Bad_Feeling_Haver

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC: Captain Jav Boran
    Corridor- Fool?s Gamble

Shambling up the corridor, the Captain felt the sweat begin to accumulate and drip down his brow. Besides the burning sensation radiating throughout his leg from the blaster wound, his muscles grew more and more fatigued and his stomach turned in knots. All in all, he felt like Bantha poodoo?

As both he and Aden slid up to the entryway to the Medbay, Jav braced himself again the doorframe and smiled weakly at Dr. Duroth. ?Afraid I have another patient for ya, Doc??

Tag: Sinrebirth, The_Loyal_Imperial

IC: Gizka
    The Dusty Dowager-Hyperspace en route to Ord Mantell

Hopping wildly off of the giant?s head, the young one scrambled down the corridor and moved as quickly as it could. However, a searing pain soon radiated through its back but the sensation of pain soon faded. Drained of life, the Gizka breathed its last and collapsed onto the deck plating.

TAG: CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

5. bad_feeling_haver

bad_feeling_haver Jedi Master star 1

Oct 5, 2008
    ooc:Congratulations, Mango! I'm so happy for you!

IC: Zhaelor'dau
    Landing Ramp, Fool's Gamble

Just as the swoops were brought on board, Zhaelor'dau heard the distinct whistle/buzz of his razor bugs returning. He decided to get them before moving to the swoops. A one-armed being could only do so many things at once. He held the ramp's strut, leaning outward a bit and straining to catch a glimpse of them. Soon he saw the his two remaining bugs flitting toward him. He caught one, and momentarily the next, while the Human engineer yelled something into the comm. Dow's biots were important to him. They were alive, and he had grown them himself, so they were more than mere weapons to him. But they were still tools, so they weren't quite as precious as pets, either. If he were to try and explain it to a denizen of this galaxy, he probably would have compared it to the relationship between a Jedi and his lightsaber. He placed the bugs on his bandoleer, quickly heading over to help secure the swoops, which Kraid was already doing.

"I will give you help," Zhaelor'dau said in his awkwardly-constructed, accented Basic. He knelt down next to the the third swoop and started to secure it. With one forearm, he could only close one lock at a time, so it took him twice as long as crewmate to complete the task.

TAG: Any

6. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Zem Stormreever & DeeZee

The Dusty Dowager, en route to Ord Mantell

Zem nudged the dead gizka with his booted foot. "It's dead," he said flatly and glanced over at the hover droid that had killed it.

"You did say to shoot it," Dee replied. He floated over to the gizka and examined it with his single optical eye.

The Imperial mercenary sighed and shook his head before walking away from the corpse. "You're not in trouble, Dee. You did well." He turned around to face the thing again and frowned behind his helm. He hoped there weren't any more gizkas. "{Captain, the gizka has been taken care of.}"

7. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    IC: Dr. Kalor Duroth
    Med Bay - Fool's Gamble

The doctor looked from his patient, to the captain, and back to his patient again. "We need a bigger ship," he deadpanned. Seeing as little more could be done for the Calian, at least until they reached proper medical facilities, he lowered him from the table to the floor in the hallway in order to make room for the captain. Hopefully nobody would be blind enough to trip over him, he already had more than enough patients on his hands. Gesturing for the captain to lay down in the table, he spoke. "Seeing as you're the first among the crew to descend upon my humble office more or less awake, any damage other than the leg?" Hypo-syringe in hand and reloaded for another injection, he called out down the hallway. "And would somebody get us to a real hospital?"

TAG: R_Zion, NickLitYouAFlame, DarthXan318, [Others]

8. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    GM OOC: Since things are as slow as molasses sitting in the snow, I think I'll put the game on a temporary hiatus until the week of January 4th at which point we'll hopefully start up again. Everyone should be back by that time.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, all!

9. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne
    cargo bay, Gamble

"Thanks Zhae, just..." The engineer's words got lost in the tangle of chains that he was trying get around the swoops. He unleashed a litany of curses at the inanimate objects, both swoops and chains, including their manufacturers, the being that first created swoops and chains, and the mathematical concept of knots.

The chains in Kraid's hands fell to the floor with a sudden clang, and he stared them silently for just a moment to allow his sudden epiphany to finish.

"Why the kark am I doing this?"

He sprung towards cargo ramp while pointing at S2. "Help Zhae! Get someone else not being productive to help if you need to!" He slammed a switch and the ramp began to rise, and then he immediately slammed another switch, this being the transmit switch on the wall comm. "Arrul, takeoff, let's go! Everyone stand by!"

Kraid sprinted out of the bay and maneuvered through the hallway to the lifts, soon stumbling out onto the bridge. He called out to his Sullstan crewmate as he took a seat beside him. "We good?! We only got like, I don't know, an entire ethnic group and a government after us. I think this ties Tatooine."

TAG: Hansolo2292929929922992

10. Mango_Salsa

Mango_Salsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2006
    IC: Dervin-Joss
    Fool's Gamble

Dervin-Joss felt himself moving across the deck of the ship and wondered if they were taking off. Then he smelled cleaning solution and various forms of dirt, and wondered if the ship had just turned over and deposited him back on the surface of the planet. Then he opened his eyes and saw the piles of clothing.

"Springtime fresh," the Ongree muttered to no one in particular. "Thank you, doctor." As the doctor was nowhere to be seen, the engineer decided to just lie there for a time and let the healing take effect. Later, he would thank the man personally, along with the crew members who had helped to save his life.

Gazing up at the ceiling, Dervin-Joss tried not to wonder how he could follow up this particular adventure, because no matter how many times his thoughts drifted to Twi'lek dancing girls of easy virtue, large quantities of intoxicating beverages and stacks of gambling winnings, he couldn't help but picture blaster bolts, yelling, and lots and lots of pain.

"Whee," he muttered.

TAG: Anyone who might find themselves walking past the laundry.

11. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    OOC: Dang, Sprint, you beat me to the punch! Game on, people! Game on!

Oh, and Han, expect a PM from me quick.

Med Bay- Fool?s Gamble

The doctor was all business as he gestured for the Captain to lay on the table and began to load the hypo-syringe. His wound tingled from the work of the antisepsis field, but other things were on his mind at the moment.

?Hate to interrupt a man on a mission,? the Captain interjected as the Doctor approached once more, pointing one blue finger towards the man propped up against the doorway on the verge of collapse, ?but I think Aden could use the help first.?

TAG: The_Last_Imperial

Cargo Bay- Fool?s Gamble

The Utility Droid stood there, stunned momentarily, at the seemingly foul mood Mr. Kraid was in and his lack of acknowledgment for his help. Typical. That man always seemed to become slightly irrational when things became tight and pessimistic enough to completely to disregard all their recent successes. It had been at least ten months since they?d had to flee a job in a panic. That had to count for something.

He turned towards their resident Yuuzhan Vong, his photoreceptors glowing with interest. ?Well, it would seem we?re done. Do you require any medical attention??

TAG: Bad_Feeling_Haver

IC: Captain Dooaba Meedo
    The Dusty Dowager-Hyperspace en route to Ord Mantell

Humming to himself, the Rodian Captain sauntered from the galley to the passengers? cabin with two plates in his hands, a portion of brazed Gizka with Muja fruit sauce was steaming on both. Not too bad, if he said so himself, that he was able to scrounge such a meal up on his meager rations. For once, an infestation paid off.

<Please, enjoy your meal,> Dooaba said with a smile as he set the plate down before Mr. Stormreever on the make-shift table he had put together for him (in reality, just a crate covered with a sheet) besides where he had already set some tarnished silverware and a glass of water, before making his way to the bridge. <According to the NavComp, it shouldn?t be much longer before we reach Ord Mantell, so enjoy yourself in the meantime.>

TAG: CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

12. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    IC-Jasen
    Fool's Gamble, Galley Area

Jasen sat in the galley area, letting his head fall against the soft cushion behind him. It was hard work outrunning, killing, and trying not to be killed by the beings of Malastare. He took a sip from the Corellian Ale he had bought a couple of months back. This day called for it. Jasen could have been out helping to get the swoops on the ship, but Prancer went to go help. Hopefully the Dug's would notice the engineer and vape him. He could only hope.

Jasen sighed, knowing if the Capitan caught him in here drinking...he would be one angry Duros. Jasen had never seen an angry Duros before, so perhaps maybe he should just sit here and wait? No, the Capitan had noticed the laser bolt that had been shot out towards the Dug. Jasen slowly got up, his Ale in his hand and decided he would make his way to the turret. They would be taking off soon and they would most likely be expecting company to stop them. On the way down the galley, Jasen thought he heard that there was Imperial Star Destroyers in orbit but payed no attention to this. He made his way into the seat, putting on his headset as he did so.

?Jasen here, on the turret.? He told their Sullustan pilot.

?Now, where do I put you?? Jasen muttered as he was looking at his Ale. He wasn't able to find a place, so he set it in between his legs and took control of the turret.

TAG: Gamble Crew

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Aden Kya
    Med Bay, The Ship

"Your appearance of concern is touching, Captain," said Aden, his voice slurring. "I wondered if you cared. Doc, care to pump me with something?" The blaster shot had, in his professional opinion - an opinion which included practically no medical experience other than watching people die and failing to save them with the Force for three years of war - burnt through his kidney, which was now absent-mindedly pouring all manner of ick into his system.

The image of a maid-droid turning around and noticing a spill with a mundane 'oops' filled his mind, and Aden grinned. Hardly an expression normally attached to his lips. "Well?"

TAG: Li, Zion, whomever

14. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    IC: Dr. Kalor Duroth
    Med Bay - Fool's Gamble

The doctor paused and took a moment to assess the situation. Patient A was wounded, and required immediate treatment. Patient B was wounded, and required immediate treatment. The medical bay lacked the necessary space and staff to effectively treat both separately at the same time. Thus, he would have to treat both of them himself at once. Pointing his hypo-syringe at the captain, he said, "You, stay there." With his free hand, he gestured towards the man standing in the doorway. "Babysitter, best get over here before you expire on my floor and cause more trouble for the janitorial staff that you have already. Flop yourself down across your captain, preferably on top of a part of him that I don't need to operate on. Just make sure you get that wound under the field."

TAG: Med Bay population

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Arrul Arriv
    Bridge, Fool's Gamble

The sound to takeoff was music to his ears and the Sullustan wasted no time playing his fingers over the control console in preparation. When he was faced with the green indicators of all systems go, Arrul clenched the control yoke with both hands and activated the thrusters, sending the starship surging forward and away from this forsaken planet. After all the trouble they went through, this was definitely the last time he wanted to ever visit this place.

Kraid, the human who had given him the order to raise ship, appeared on the bridge not long after they had been airborne. Given the state of most of the crew when they had returned from the jungle, the human still appeared to be in pretty good shape as he plopped himself down in the seat next to him. Arrul acknowledged the man with an awkward nod before returning to his flight duties, which allowed Kraid to rattle off a few things that were on his mind, including the state of things up here in the cockpit.

Arrul offered him a sheepish look, remembering what the sensors had picked up earlier, before producing a clicking sound with his mouth as he prepared himself to deliver the bad news. "Not so good, I'm afraid," he replied flatly. "We have some friends in orbit waiting for us." A beat. "Star Destroyers."

TAG: sprintabm, R_Zion, Gamble crew

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Aden Kya

Had Aden been more lucid, he would have returned with an unpleasant comment, but as he couldn't even remember the name of the man, he simply did as told, leaning heavily on one of his arms as he moved himself under the field. His arm gave way, once, and then he had control back, releasing a puff of air.

TAG: Li, Zion, main crew

17. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne
    bridge, Fool's Gamble

The first words out of Arrul's mouth sent Kraid's hands immediately to work on fastening his seat harness. The final words left him strangely quiet, his expressionless face staring at the pilot.

Forced laughter escaped the engineer's mouth. "Arrul, kriff, you probably had a threat sim running on the sensors! C'mon, I mean, what have I told you and what have you learned about this ship these past months? You see something funny, you cycle the displays or the systems, like this, c'mon."

With that, Kraid quickly flicked the display in front of him on and off three times and put it on the sensor page. "See? Nothing. I don't see anything on here. Joss or Tal might've jacked with the software, just needs to be fixed, and..."

His rambling came to a complete halt. Who the kriff was he kidding? He threw on his headset and toggled the comm, and for once, surprisingly, the tone of his voice leaned more to directive than to frantic. "Jasen, stay put. Crew, someone that's not shot up and in a proper state of mind go jump in the other turret, now. Star destroyer sighting."

TAG: any

18. bad_feeling_haver

bad_feeling_haver Jedi Master star 1

Oct 5, 2008
    IC: Zhaelor'dau
    Cargo Bay, Gamble

?Well, it would seem we?re done," S2 buzzed. "Do you require any medical attention??

"No, I am fine, unless you have a spare Shaper arm you can attach to me perhaps?" Zhaelor'dau all but chuckled. His accent made the humor of the joke pretty hard to detect, especially for a droid, but he never had a great sense of humor anyway.

Suddenly Kraid's vice crackled over the intercom. "Jasen, stay put. Crew, someone that's not shot up and in a proper state of mind go jump in the other turret, now. Star destroyer sighting."

Zhaelor'dau had never manned the turrets in his months on the ship. His lack of a forearm prevented him from working the controls properly, plus he preferred not to use blaster technology. But circumstances had never been quite this dire, and he thought this might be one of those times when he should make an exception. Half he crew was injured or rendering aid, but he thought there must be another person with two hands who was well enough to man the turret. Ironically, his luck at avoiding a blaster wound on the planet now left him with a certain burden to aid the rest of his comrades. He hesitated to run up to the turret blister, but if no one else could...well, he figured it would be better to have the last cannon woring clumsily than not at all.

TAG: Uh, any

19. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    Med Bay- Fool?s Gamble

Jav shifted forward on the examination as far as he could without falling off to allow room for Aden to lay down behind him. ?Well, Doc, it seems you have your plate full today??

TAG: Sinrebirth, The_Loyal_Imperial

Corridor- Fool?s Gamble

The Utility Droid hesitantly put a hand onto the Yuuzhan Vong?s shoulder to try to stop him in his step. ?I? thank you for your offer of service, Mr. Dow, but I imagine you would rather not be behind the controls of the cannon if possible, if I know anything of your species. There are still others, I hope, who can handle it, but if not, we may still need you so be prepared.? Not knowing where the two men he needed were at the moment, he raised the volume on his vocoder and called out, ?Mr. Kuze and Mr. Gyrr, please report to the turrets immediately!?

TAG: Bad_Feeling_Haver, Nicklityouaflame, BLemelisk

Captain Carroth
    Bridge- Pellaeon-Class Star Destroyer ?Imperator?

?Captain, sensors are picking up something not far from Pixelito, emerging from the jungles??

The wizened elder commander turned from where he stood, arms crossed, staring out the main viewport at Malastare below. Coming up the ramp from the crew pit and taking a place at his side, the young lieutenant that had addressed him handed him a datapad with the sensor results. Looking them over, he was surprised at what he found. It was a ship? a VT-49 Decimator. They had been out of commission for nearly a century, which meant for sure that it wasn?t one of theirs, so what was it doing out here? Without a word, the Captain made his way towards one of the comm. station and motioned for the officer to open a hailing frequency.

?VT-49 Decimator, this is the Pellaeon-class Star Destroyer Imperator. We have you on our screens. Please state your designation and purpose in this region.?

TAG: Sprintabm, HanSolo29

20. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    IC: Drasius Kuze
    Cargo Bay, Fool's Gamble

Kuze sat crouched beside the swoop he had wheeled into the cargo bay of the Gamble, working a greased rag over a few scorch marks left on the outer plating of the bike's hull during their daring escape. In his mind he mulled over the day's events. All in all, they had had a pretty good run from the Dugs. They had certainly won, despite some casualties. But a few wounded here and there was to be expected, considering their small crew size. Flexing his arm, he felt a tinge of pain on his shoulder where a laser blast had grazed. Giving it a slight rub, he continued.

Noticing a particularly darkened patch on the fuselage from a near-miss, he used some spray cleaner to loosen it, then clean it away. It buffed perfectly clean, so much so that he could see his reflection, all save one spot, a spot which obscured half of his face. He smirked at the odd scene as S2's metallic voice sounded from down the corridor, ?Mr. Kuze and Mr. Gyrr, please report to the turrets immediately!?

Tossing the rag and can aside and walking out of the bay, heading for the tubes to the turrets, he yelled back, "S2! Don't you know we just ended a chase?"

Once down and inside the turret, he put on the gun control's headset, and adjusted his gunner's couch to be able to swing about comfortably. Powering up his turret and bringing all of his control and targeting computers online, he keyed his headset to the ship's general frequency, "Orders S2?"

TAG: Zion, Any

21. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Tal Falconer

Medbay, Last Gamble

In the medbay, Tal twitched. He was still asleep - well, sedated - but he was also dreaming, as anyone who looked at his closed eyelids closely would realise. They might also realise he was not having a particularly good dream...

Tal is fourteen, a tall, scrawny stick of a boy. He's already taller than anyone else in his family, but that is no defence against his uncle's scorn - or perhaps that is precisely the reason for it. "Fourteen and with the courage of a girl half your age. Gods, Tal, grow a spine!"

His father defends him, as always. "Tal has a good heart. Give him time -"

"Time?" Uncle Camun laughs derisively. "Come on, Ced. He's half a man already, or should be, at his age. Hell, Tion is twice the man he is. Are you raising a boy or a g-"

"That's enough, Cam," his father snapps. Beside him, his younger brother snickers; Tion, ten years old and everything Tal is not. Tion, with his brawn, reckless courage and easy smile, is the child everyone loves. Not Tal, quiet and studious, and - as he is constantly told - notably lacking in guts.

Uncle Camun glowers, but Father is the elder, and head of the family. "Fine. But mark my words, Ced, you whip your heir into shape or ..." He left the threat unsaid, and instead turned around and stomped out, his son Kell following on his heels.

The worst part is, they're right. Tal hates it, but there is nothing he dares do about it. He had always been smaller and weaker than the other kids; now he is tall, but still thin as a reed. His classmates are all stocky, strapping boys, strong from years of roughhousing with each other, loud and confident and demanding. Kell, his cousin, is the same age and already learning to harness his
    ryastraad like an adult man.

Not Tal, though, because Tal is different. Technology is the only thing he was good at. He lost himself in slicing; it was a world he knew, a world where he was in control. The computers would not judge him, wouldn't even do anything he didn't tell them to do. In the datastream, he was untouchable.
    But in the real world, he's just Tal. Tal the Weakling, Tal the Wuss, Tal the punching bag ...

Tal twitched again. This time, his head jerked from left to right. Seemed like the slicer was waking up.

TAG: Medbay peeps

... Can you even dream while sedated? Whatever. :p

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Arrul Arriv
    Bridge, Fool's Gamble

At first, the poor Sullustan thought Kraid was actually scolding him, the human's pale hands dancing across the console as he tried to show off and demonstrate something that obviously wasn't working very well. It was only after that fact that Arrul realized the humor of the situation and allowed himself to recline back in the overstuffed pilot's chair as he attempted to hide his version of a smirk. "Told you so," he finally twittered in a comical manner as the human redirected his actions to something useful, like getting someone in those turrets. "But no one listens to me apparently..."

A crackle from the comm unit broke the relative quiet of the cockpit as well as any confidence Arrul had concerning the ease of their escape. His face went paler than usual as the commanding voice filtered over the speakers, the clipped accent unmistakable to his sensitive ears. The enemy had spotted them. So much for slipping under the radar.

Arrul's bulbous eyes shifted to look at his partner, the black orbs wide with a hidden terror. "Y-You...deal with it," he commanded nervously in a voice that betrayed him. He wasn't exactly in a position to give orders, but he figured Kraid would have a better chance of smooth talking the Captain. Hopefully the human would realize that as well.

TAG: sprintabm, R_Zion

23. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne
    bridge, Fool's Gamble

The engineer stared back at the pilot, his eyes just as wide. The comm call startled him so much that Kraid would've leaped into the console if it wasn't for the harness keeping him in his seat. "Wha... what..... how....." was all that was comprehensible from Kraid at the moment.

Finally silent, his eyes shot back at the sensor display in front of him. There's no Imp near them! It's a trick, it's a - oh. Yeah. If you increase the view scale of the sensor display, you can see things that are further out. Like that huge blip orbiting the planet. Yup. Star destroyer. Pellaeon-class even. Big ship. Big ship. Very big ship.

Kraid turned back to Arrul. Now he was stammering, waving his finger at each attempt of a word. It seemed that each time he waved his finger, the noises that Kraid was making began to make more sense. Finally a complete thought: "You - comm the Cap'n! Tell him I'm about to do something stupid!"

Turning away, he locked his eyes on the display again. He quickly switched his comm set to transmit on the frequency that the Imps hailed them on, but his thumb hovered over the transmit button, hesitating. What was he going to say? He better say something pronto or the Imps would start speaking with tractor beams, or fighters, or turbolasers, or torpedoes, or boarding parties, or red Jedi, or the funny-looking Sith Jedi, or... GAH!!!

Stop. Think of something useful. Something that could pass as real. As truth. Huh, there's something. Would it work? Do they still do that? They did when he was there. Training was so long ago, maybe the don't fly the stupid things anymore. Oh well. Here goes nothing.

Kraid depressed the transmit button and began to talk in a low drawl, trying to feign confidence. "Uh... star destroyer... Kuat Drive Yard training vessel. Training vessel... KDYT923 on standard engineer/tech long cruise training. Departing after planet-side repairs. Uh, you guys?"

WHAT THE HELL DID HE JUST BLURT OUT? Kraid slapped his forehead. Either he just attracted more attention or started a conversation with the kriffin' Imps! Now, if it was a female Imp talking, and she was cute, and man do they sound cute with those funny accents and being all bossy-boss, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Either way, Kraid hoped, oh he really really hoped, that it would at least buy them enough time for a jump.

TAG: solo29, zion

24. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Zem & DeeZee

En route to Ord Mantell

Zem removed his helmet after the Rodian had left and brushed his fingers through his unruly hair. It had grown since his days as an officer of the Imperial Army. He hadn't wanted to let it grow but he knew that if he did it would help hide him some, at least from the alien bounty hunters that couldn't tell humans apart. DeeZee hovered nearby, alert for more Gizka even though none had appeared since the death and cooking of the one that now lay on a makeshift table before. "Remind me to hitch a ride on ships that havent had infestations recently, Dee."

He then started to eat the meal and surprisingly found it tasty.

25. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Tal Falconer

Medbay

Tal swam back to consciousness slowly. There was no reason to hurry, after all. He was dimly aware of a distant, vaguely comforting murmur of voices, and though what they were saying he couldn't know, they didn't sound urgent. It was nice and dark where he was ... no, not quite, he could see a dim glow through his closed eyelids.

His arm ached; he thought it might have been aching for a while. Ached because ... Tal frowned internally, backtracking. Because ... he had been flying a speeder bike, with Aden, and there had been blaster fire and he had ... gotten shot -
    He had been shot.

Alarmed, Tal jolted awake. It took him a confused minute to realise where he was: in the Gamble's medbay, on the floor (floor?), propped up against the wall. The man standing with his back to him was the doctor, working on - Tal squinted, confused. It looked like he was trying to treat the captain and Aden at the same time on the medbay's sole exam table. Was that supposed to happen? It wasn't that tiny, but the slicer found himself vaguely impressed that it held up under the weight.

And now that he was awake, he was aware that something was digging painfully into his butt. Grimacing, Tal shifted his weight. Where there had been a bleeding wound on his arm there was now a bacta patch, but moving that arm sent waves of pain up his shoulder ... clumsily, he heaved himself up with his left hand and stood. Or more accurately, slid up the wall; moving away from that support made his head spin.

But he had managed to stand! Tal grinned proudly. "What up, cap'n?" he slurred.

TAG: TLI, Sinre, Zion, med bay peeps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.