main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let it go- a Jaina and Mara one-post story from Mara's POV

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JainaJag00, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    this is somewhat different from the other things iv written, so i hope u like it!
    I?m just a girl can?t do it all must see they can?t?. As soon as Mara walked into Jaina?s room, she was bombarded with thoughts. She had an insight into her mind that no one could. She felt what Jaina must've as Mara had opened her mind to her back on Borleias. It was dizzying, and was not a welcome feeling.

Swimming through the young woman?s thoughts, Mara found Jaina sitting on the floor in a cross-legged position. As the stream of thoughts intensified, Mara sat down on the ground to wait out the storm. Before her eyes, the young woman seemed to fall apart- her eyes drooped, her features stuck out in contrast to her face. The bags under her eyes seemed to get darker by the minute. What was once a healthy young woman was now slowly deteriorating.

Minutes ticked by, and to Mara it seemed like hours. The stream of thoughts was just beginning to end when one word stood out against all others. It was a name. Through all her thoughts, Jaina had called out a name in a desperate plea. ?Aunt Mara? When did you get here?? Jaina?s question caught Mara off guard

Opening her eyes, Mara replied, ?I thought I trained you better than that. I?ve been sitting here for a while, Jaina. What?s wrong??

Jaina answered quickly, ?Nothing, nothing. Just thinking, that?s all.?

?No, Jaina. That?s not all. You forgot to close your shields so I heard everything going on in that brain of yours. Now tell me, what?s going on with you, huh??

?There?s nothing wrong with me, ok? Just take it how it is! I do.? Her face contorted into anger.

?I know what?s bothering you Jaina. I want to hear it from you. Now, either you tell me now, or I?ll have to go tell Wedge you aren?t flight-worthy.?

?I?m a goddess, Aunt Mara. You can?t ground me.? With that, Jaina stalked out of the room.

?Jaina?.? Sinking to the floor, Mara instantly went into a meditation. Mara! What did it mean? Jaina had called out ?Mara? in her thoughts, but wouldn?t accept help from the person she had requested it from. A vision plagued the red-headed woman sitting on the floor.

She was sitting on the floor. Mara remembered shooting him. The little face was still so fresh in her mind it haunted her. Thoughts flowed freely through her mind. When she opened her eyes, she found an aid, sent to look after her by the Emperor, was sitting next to her. ?When did you get here??

?Half an hourr ago, Emperor?s hand. What?s wrong? You look troubled.?

?Nothing, I'm just thinking.?

?No, I can tell- something is wrong. You were talking in your meditation. What?s wrong??

?Do not question me. Nothing is wrong. Life is life. Believe it.? Mara was starting to get angry with the woman. She had no right to invade the Emperor?s Hand?s privacy.

?I know what?s bothering you. Tell me yourself. Tell me so I can help, or I?ll tell Lord Vader you?re not ready for another assignment.?

~How dare this woman!~ ?I am the Emperor?s Hand. You cannot bring me down.? With that, a knife out of nowhere sprung into the aid?s chest and she dropped dead onto the floor.
    Mara?s eyes shot open and instantly met the blue ones of her husband. Muttering about something she had to do, Mara left Jaina?s room and Luke to find Jaina before it was too late.

Finding her working on an X-wing, Mara knelt down beside her. ?Jaina, I just wish to help. If you?ll listen to me, I?ll leave you alone. You can decide whether or not you want my help.

When I was a Hand of the Emperor, I did a lot of things that were cruel and unjust. One such mission, I was sent to kill a boy of less than eight years of age. To fulfill my master?s will, I shot the poor boy right in the head. I did it because I thought no one else could do it. I thought I was the only one who could. I reality, there were lots of people who could?ve done that job. Nightmares from that particular mission still come to me

2. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I found this first. Nice to see you do Mara.

I like that you turned around the scene where Mara's thoughts overwhelmed Jaina in RD

Good job!

3. JainaJediQueen

JainaJediQueen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    I love it! Totally captured the spirit of my two favorite female characters from SW!

~*~The Queen~*~

4. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    TKL: anything u see that needs beta-ing? i ddnt know u were still around! i wouldve sent this to ya.
    im glad u liked it! i thought that scene could sprout something more...

Edit: oops! ddnt see ur reply, JJQ: thanx! jaina and mara and two of my fav as well.

5. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Very nice. Excellent jod. JagJaina00. I enjoyed Mara's Point of View.

6. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Ok beta to you

7. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    YM: im glad u did!

TKL: thanx! i got it, and changed the changes.

8. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    Loved it, jj00!

This ties in with my belief that Mara and Jaina have a very strong bond, Force or otherwise, no matter what Elaine Cunningham says... :p

9. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    JF06: i agree!

10. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    awesome job on that!

11. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    thanx Lt!