main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Let's get it on!: The Mixed Martial Arts Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by ClarkWayne, Nov 16, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Robbie Lawler (3-5 in Strikeforce) just TKO'd Koscheck two minutes into the fight. [face_laugh]

Can't ask for much more than that, but go Hendo.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    And Dana White recently said UFC could cut up to at least 100 people. So...

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Exactly. Dana already said Urijah has to win tonight to stay in, and with Fitch gone, I think no assumptions can be made.

Koscheck is probably safe, his last fight was a SD loss to Hendricks, but his next fight is probably win-or-go home.

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  5. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Well, it appears Dana's words motivated Urijah pretty effectively. First round sub win, and a nice one at that.

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And it looks like what at least one or two commentators is correct too, a lot of guys are playing it safe and going for decisions so as to night have an outright loss on the record and a reason for Dana to fire them.

7. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    RONDA THROWS DOWN, SNAPS HER BRA UP, AND GOES FOR THE KILL!

She's like a real-life, grown-up version of Hit Girl.

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Not a bad fight, Liz took her back and had hooks..more resistance than I expected from her.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And Rousey takes her first arm in UFC.

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Supposedly two incredible fights ending in KO wins for Hunt and Wand tonight. Could not see them because Comcast can't play nice with Fuel TV..although I think they're working on it.

Good for Wand to win back in Japan though, as his career winds down.

11. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Just look online, they're not hard to find.

Both great finishes. I couldn't find Diego vs Gomi. Gomi must have actually prepared for this fight to go the distance with Sanchez.

12. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Amatsu Mikaboshi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    First and foremost: AN MMA THREAD! [face_dancing]

I had the same problem, kinda annoyed by that.

Man, Hunt put a vicious hit on Struve. Anyone see the jaw x-ray showing the break? Crazy. Though I would rather see Hunt fight Big Country next, I guess I am happy with JDS as well. Though I think Hunt won't get a win there.

13. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    I was hoping for Hunt vs Nelson as well.

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Cote-Voelker is an incredible fight. FOTN so far, of course a long way to go..

I'm hoping GSP and Condit handle their business to get a really good rematch.

15. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    I'll have to avoid this thread until I catch up on the fights tomorrow.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    From the results thus far
    you can kind of see everybody playing it safe, much like the last UFC PPV

Also they've announced the coaches for the next Ultimate Fighter:

Ronda Rousey and the winner of the Cat Zingano/Miesha Tate fight with the weight classes being 135 lb men's and women's divisions for the season.

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Just got to watch the fight. The result didn't surprise me at all, however Diaz looked dismal and lost on his feet. The only good thing I took out of this fight for Diaz was his takedown defense, late in the fight, once everything was pretty much decided. GSP thoroughly beat him, probably the most dominant performance I've seen him give in a fight that I saw as very dangerous for him since he schooled Alves at 100.

And Diaz wants to retire. Second verse, same as the first. [face_tired]

18. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Mar 7, 2013
    Then he should just retire and be done with it, every time he loses he starts crying and says he is going to retire. Be gone already.

So Rousey vs Zingano/Tate? Odds are it will be Tate.

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Agreed. Although I really want to see Nick fight Ellenberger or Kampmann, either fight would be an all-out striking war.

And Condit-Hendricks surpassed any expectations I had. Great card, regardless of Diaz's performance.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    This is magnificent.

23. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Mar 7, 2013
    That really is amazing, it is always in your head how bad he is but when put on video like that it becomes even clearer. How does he even have a job?

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I wonder the same. Kim Winslow is equally as bad, especially with the late stoppages- someone's going to get seriously hurt on her watch I think.

25. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Mar 7, 2013
    Yeah that is easily the worst quality in a judge. Late stoppages like what we saw with Pat Curran vs Joe Warren is what turns the sport from being fun to follow into being scarey.

That was the single worst late stoppage I ever saw. Joe Warren didn't fight for almost 9 months after that, and Bellator asked him to wait even longer from what I understand.