main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's Get over the Sith. . . .

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MysteryWhiteBoy8, Sep 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Ever since EP I to me, people have been fascinated with the Sith. But the thing is, Darth Vader was always a Sith. Some people chose to acknowledge that, some didn't. Palpatine was always a Sith, even back in the day when we didn't understand.

I hear a lot in these forums people wanting this return of the Sith. But the Sith were an ancient race of people who are long long long long exctinct. the first Dark Lords of the Sith were fallen Jedi who had conquered these people and used them in their wars against the Jedi. The Sith Lords grew in number and as we all know, destroyed each other.

After the death of Vader and the Emperor, THERE ARE NO SITH! THERE WILL BE NO SITH! as far as i'm concered, Kyp wouldn't have been a Sith Lord if trained by Kun. The Sith are exctinct, unless someone can provide for me a Sith Lord still alive and hiding out there. But get over it ! there will be no more SITH! ! !

2. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    The Dark Lords had to start somewhere. There's no reason why they can't be started again. ;)

By the way, I wouldn't want to see any new Dark Lords introduced. Tackiness as far as the eye can see. . .

3. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    It could well be said that after the death of Exar Kun, there were no Sith and would be no more Sith. And yet, Kun became a Sith Lord well after the last DLotS who actually had ruled members of the Sith race. And with his death, we could say that there would be no more Dark Lords of the Sith, or any more Sith for that matter. The Sith moved from being a race to becomeing a cult. They followed the teachings laid down by the DLotS when the Sith race exsisted. These teachings need be totally wiped out before there can be no more Sith. And Korriban needs to be destroyed as well as the spirits of the Dark Lords can still teach future Sith.

No, loath as some members of this forum may be to except it, the Sith can and will return. As long as there are Sith artifacts or a place for folks to go and learn Sith teachings, the Sith can return.

4. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Korriban, Onderon. Lumiya's still out there.

5. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Well he's right

There are 11..."living" Sith Lords on Korriban most likely including Darth Bane.

also Luminya might have been crowned a sith lord by them

6. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Does it really matter if they're termed "Sith" or not? I think what people want is evil Jedi, so that there can be forcefights and saberfights. And my guess is that if a Jedi were to go to the dark side and make himself known, he'd call himself a Sith just to strike fear into that hearts of the ignorant masses...

7. obi-wannabe1

obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    There were countless times throughout the history of the SW galaxy where everyone, including the Jedi thought the Sith were wiped out and would never return. They ALWAYS returned, time and time again.

It does seem like the Sith have been defeated, but I garantee you, they will be back some day.

They are needed to have balance in the force. If they were completely wiped out, the balance would be broken.

8. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    George says the Sith are the violation of the balance not the Jedi.

The Dark Side itself is not part of the Force it seems but a perversion of it

9. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    There are 11..."living" Sith Lords on Korriban most likely including Darth Bane.

Who? Not doubting, just curious.

10. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Marka Ragnos is probably one. In fact, I think it may have been his spirit which branded Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma at the end of DLotS, though I don't know for certain.

11. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    He was;according to the Essential Chronology.

12. Cowboy_Jedi

Cowboy_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2001
    The Sith casue imbalance in the Force. Once Anakin Skywalker killed Palpatine on DSII the Sith were destroyed forever and balance was brought to the Force at last.

13. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    No, the rule of two died long before that happened. Both Palpatine and Vader took on students who would become Sith members. Palpatine returned after dieing on the second Death Star. As has already been pointed out by myself and others, as long as any trace of the Sith exsists, the Sith shall rise again.

14. Cowboy_Jedi

Cowboy_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2001
    OK well, the movies and GL disagree with you on that one. I would dig up a quote from GL but I'm tired.

15. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Well if you want to destroy Lucas's intent...

The Emperor became a Disruption to the Force by creating SO MANY Dark Jedi that his evil literally became an infestation on the very galaxy itself.

He had created a Galactic Empire, Extinguished the Jedi, and was now soon to be immortal....

He came close to strangeling the Light Side of the Force itself.....

Thus while Xanatos and a few Sith like Bane and the rest are not a dsiruption, organized evil on the scale of Palaptine is something else entirely.

After all George liked Dark Empire and gave people Christmas copies even though Anakin is supposed to have killed Palaptine in ROTJ.

I like the excuse a friend gave that Anakin Skywalker HIMSELF does not need to bring balance to the Force but his actions and shadow will.

Leia has restored the Senate and three Dark Jedi with her husband
    Luke has killed most of the Dark Jedi (About 14 or so at this point maybe more...)

Not to mention restored the Jedi Order and eradicated the Emperor

Their children destroyed Brakhiss the Betrayer (A Sith Apprentice to Kueller in the making as Kueller was draining life energy on a massive scale it seems to make himself a god-human sacrafice is cool for Sith) and later on THEIR CHILDREN....

One might journey to Korriban and destroy the Sith there....

Anakin destroy Luminya and her apprentice.

Indeed one might argue that Kyle Kataarn would never have completed his destiny without Luke and Vader hanging over them by proxy.....

tehre to provide JUST ENOUGH encouragemnt that he destroys the Seven Dark Jedi and frees the imprisoned spirits....

and certainly Kyle comes back from the Dark Side because of Mara in Mysteries of the Sith who was herself brought back by Luke.

16. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    "Well if you want to destroy Lucas's intent... "

I don't see how their mere exsistenxce can cause imbalance.

I believe they cause imbalance because they work to advance the goals of evil.

17. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    I believe Vader brought balance at Endor when he killed Palpatine.A balance between good and evil.A balance between the good side of the Force(Luke -RotJ) and the Dark Side.

I believe that the Dark Side is part of the Force.Darkness is natural.

The Dark Side just representrs the negative traits that exsist in nature.Death,hatred,jealously,fear,anger, etc.All of those things are perfectly natural.

18. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

The Sith represent the Shadow, the repressed, unwanted side of the personality.
    This, according to Jung, cannot be destroyed. You can deny it and try to hide it, but it will find a way to the surface. It will show itself in one way or another, because it is a part of the Self.

The Jedi thought they destroyed the Sith, but they didn't. The Sith (the negative side of the personality) was always there, just unseen.

So the Sith are not gone. They are just unseen.

They will return because the Shadow cannot be destroyed.

19. darth-skycrawler

darth-skycrawler Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2001
    Lucas said that destroying the sith brought balance to the force. He states that anakin is the chosen one to do this. Lucas has his own idea of the saga and this does not include the sith returning.

If Anakin brings balance fathering Luke then that means Padme is also the chosen one. If Anakin brought balance by destroying the emperor then Lando is also the chosen one.

I Lucas's vision Anakin destroys the sith. That is th end of it.

20. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Padme didn't provide the Force Genes...

But Lando got Luke there to help Vader destroy Palpatine.

So the prophecy doesn't have to be literal.

21. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    If the Sith can return in a non Death Star prototype fashion I'm all for it.

22. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Well, dead Sith, like Exar Kun, obviously don't count.

The Sith that Palpatine brought back to life (what was her name?) was a member of the ancient Sith, so, in George Lucas perspective, anyway, doesn't count.

Irek studied some Sith scrolls, so he knows some Sith powers, but he never trained under a Sith Lord, so he doesn't count ether.

Palpatine and Vader trained many Dark Jedi, but they don't technically count as Sith.

Palpatine, a devout member of the Sith, never broke the rule of two. Vader, however, did. He trained Lumiya , an Emperor's Hand, as a Sith. She trained Jax, a former Imperial Guard, and he poisoned Palpatine's clones. So, in a roundabout way, Vader did kill Palpatine, destroy the Sith, and bring balance to the Force.

TC

23. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    All true. Good points Talon...However...

I don't believe that Lumiya, or her apprentices, were ever full-fledged Dark Lords/Ladies of the Sith at the same time as Palpatine or Vader. That Sith title is the prime one for the Sith rule of two.

24. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Is it? It seems more that the ruel of two says that there can only be two Sith at a time. Period. A Master and an apprentice. Indeed, both may call themselves Dark Lord of the Sith. But there may not be any more apprentices until one of the two is dead. That opens the possibility to in fighting within the Sith ranks. If there can only be two Sith who can take on the title of Dark Lord of the Sith, but mutiple apprentices waiting in the wings for that title, it seems likely that conspiracys would from. The apprentice DLotS could conspire with one of the Sith apprentices to get rid of the master DLotS. Or apprentices could conspire to get rid of the apprentice DLotS. Safer to keep the Sith number to only two, that way there are fewer conspiracys. If any at all.

No, the rule of two seems to be just that. Only two Sith at a time. By taking on apprentices when there were already two Sith, both Palpatine and Vader broke the rule. And why need the rule when the Jedi are all but gone? It was as much to get rid of infighting with in the Sith as it was to keep them hidden from the Jedi.

25. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I forgot about Maul being an apprentice. My bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.