main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's talk about what will be GOOD about AOTC

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Lady_Valeris

Dark_Lady_Valeris Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2001
    I'm about 90% out of my red haze caused by you-know-what now, and this thread helps a lot.

Thanks, guys. :)

Valeris

2. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    This isn't a democracy :)

It's an oligarchy!

3. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    To get back on subject; we spoiler junkies have recieved a part of the rough cut of that "good job" line in the Mystery trailer and some dialogue before it. After checking the context better let me just confirm that the general consensus is that this will be a very good moment in the film.

4. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Yeah, I don't really see the point in bashing a film that hasn't even been released yet. Sure, the N*Stink stuff isn't exactly great news, but it will probably be edited out anyway, and probably most people won't notice them, anyhow.

Anyway, back to the topic. After seeing the three trailers, the one thing that struck me was how visually dynamic the whole film looks so far, as if George Lucas has left his imagination run wild, and it's run in the right direction. Also from what I've heard in the Mystery and Forbidden Love trailers, the dialogue sounds a hundred times better than it did in The Phantom Menace, and the actors seem far more natural and comfortable with the lines they're saying. It's good that Anakin and Obi-Wan have some witty lines to say to each other, too, and the composition of some of the scenes in trailer look brilliant, very artistic, so maybe George is becoming more adventurous with the camera. Also, I'm very encouraged by what Ewan McGregor said about the film recently, as he was one the biggest critics of The Phantom Menace, so if he likes it, it'll probably be blooming good indeed!

5. Duckman

Duckman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Well said, Oakey.

6. Lord_Erly

Lord_Erly Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2001
    Let's get back to the topic of the threat:

-International Release (May 16th)

Okay, I might be a little biased there, living in Germany and stuff.

7. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Let's assume for the moment that the movie is a big hit. A pretty easy assumption to make.

I'm not a Natalie Portman fan, mostly because I don't think she can act to save her life, but I'm almost willing to bet that in 20 years people will look back on AOTC and compare Natalie Portman's screen presence in it to Grace Kelly in Rear Window and Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca. She is that beautiful.

8. sebulba1

sebulba1 Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 1999
    Yes, let's forget all the BS and focus on how cool this movie is going to be. Glad you started this thread, whats'syername.

I for one am excited out of my wits!
    The backgrounds and everything look so much richer this time around. Can't wait to see the new planets!!!

9. Duckman

Duckman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Natalie can so act. Imagine how horrible AOTC would be if Julia Roberts was in it (shudder).

10. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Brad Pitt = Anakin.

George Cloony = Obi-wan.

Chris Tucker = Jar Jar.

Ick!

11. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    I think the movie itself will be fantastic. Can't wait. With Harry Potter and LOTR already released, I now turn all my energies to my personal favorite:

Men in Black II

Just joking. But I have a feeling that AOTC will be pretty good. So far, the trailers and various reports look promising indeed.

12. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    One thing I'm looking forward to is that in May Star wars will be everywhere. Some people don't like hype, but if it is for something cool I don't mind.
    May 1999 was very cool because everywhere you went is was there and it is not something that happens all the time.
    Plus, with how good this movie looks like it will be it is going to be something else.
    I'm glad this thread is working so well.

13. WarriorOfLight

WarriorOfLight Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    You guys are much more optomstic than the spoiler forum. ive always liked it here better. coming from the spoiler side of the spectrum, let me just say that im 97% sure AOTC is going to live up to the expectations set up in this thread.

14. Turkilma

Turkilma Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2001
    <You guys are much more optomstic than the spoiler forum.>

The "spoiled-guys" out there are pessimistic ? They know almost everything about the plot, dialouge etc. and they are pessimistic ?! Are those people only from the TPM basher sanctuary or also neutral folks without bias because of the (at least for them) dissapointing first episode ?

Well, I just hope Haydn and Portman will deliver the love story in a believable way.

15. Adali-Kiri

Adali-Kiri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I love this thread! I knew I wasn't alone in my undying devotion to the Star Wars prequels! :D

16. phantom31415

phantom31415 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2002
    My first experience in this forum was in the Spoiler forum after the NSync fiasco. Of course, most of the fans thought it was no big deal after they realized it was for about two frames, but the bashers (boo! hiss!) siezed it as an opportunity to whine.

This thread has brought back my faith in the Star Wars fans. Ep. I rocked. Ep. 2 will rock x10. I saw the Mystery and Forbidden Love trailers yesterday for the first time, and I was blown away.

If my religion didn't prohibit it, I'd say Lucas was a god.

VIVE LA STAR WARS!

17. Sonic_Pumpkins

Sonic_Pumpkins Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2001
    Did anyone else hear that alot of the fall re-filming that took place was the romance scenes? Something about not liking the flow? I can't remember, but if Lucas changes some of those "over-acted" parts and that part where Padme says "Ani?!" the movie should be fantastic.

Not to mention, when those people that produced the Sony Digital cameras watched a rough cut, the first things they said about it were, "Beautiful and moving." Well, I think thats the best news possible!! We all already know that it's going to have tons of action...we'll never be let down there. So if the emotion is there, we're all set!

18. Dark_Lady_Valeris

Dark_Lady_Valeris Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2001
    D_L_V ------> cautiously optimistic :)

Valeris

19. JediBeowulf

JediBeowulf Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2001
    I say! Excellent thread, chaps.

I would have to say the good thing about AOTC (and EP. III) is how we will see the gradual change of the environments, settings, vehicles, etc, to fit for continuities sake with the OT. I mean seriously, I can't wait to see the Emperor's officers sporting those drab brown suits with those weird looking hats in EP. III, much like they did in ANH (i.e. Moff Tarkin's getup). Also, the gradual trend of ridding or perging aliens on coruscant and in the emperor's army will be a nice touch, so that humans make up most of the emperor's forces/allies. I don't know, that's what excites me.

20. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    I don't care about NSync or however you spell and say it. If there in the background with a lot of extras, its perfectly fine with me. I won't be looking for them.

As for the AotC itself, It will *censored* period! I really can't wait for the midnight showings. I went to the The Fellowship of the Ring midnight showing and half the audience was seeing it in part because the 'Forbidden Love' trailer was in front.

21. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    I'd say I'm more spoiled than alot of people at the spoiler forum, and I'm very optimistic about this movie.

22. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Actually for the most part the spoiler folk are optimistic.
    It's just that the minority are very loud or very obnoxious.
    They're free to not see the movie of course, but they're 'adicted' (self admitted too I might add) and are hoping to be seen as martyrs let down by Lucas.
    Ick.
    Movie people. Just a movie. Don't sound good, don't see it.

23. Adali-Kiri

Adali-Kiri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I sat down with a couple of cold ones and watched TPm again on DVD the other night. It's been a while and hey!, the movie just rocks my world! I mean, I really dig it. It's huge and forboding and I can't wait to see what happens next - in the movie that Ewan McGregor is reportedly very excited about. On AICN (or It Ain't Cool News...hah, I think that's so funny...don't like the site) there's a report about Ewan saying in a new interview that he's seen about 60% of the finished film and he thinks it's right back in there with the original movies. That's good news, coming from him!

24. Master_Kloon

Master_Kloon Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    Sat down to watch TPM last night and relized why I love Star Wars. I couldnt help myself so I watched the rest of the series and stayed up all night. It is so much fun to see GL put such amazing twists into the saga. AOTC will surely bring me the same joy in theaters as the rest of the Star Wars saga has.

25. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    I'm also spoiled and the movie looks like it will be one of the best Star Wars movies. The dialog, action, romance, and plot all seem very good. And it will probably be even better for you guys because you don't know everything about the movie.

Also as some others have said, most of the Spoilers Allowed crowd feel the same why I do about AOTC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.