main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Lightsaber fights in the prequels.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Chainmail_Jedi, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    I'll admit, I find them highly entertaining. One of the few things in the Prequels I enjoy. but this video made me laugh, thought I would share it with yall.

2. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    That was hilarious. Thanks for the video!

Bo-Katan and Chainmail_Jedi like this.
  3. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    This is quite old.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  4. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    doesn't make it any less funny.

Captain Tom Coughlin and Nubbs like this.
  5. Iefan

Iefan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 31, 2013
    So is Monty Python.

6. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    I'd find that funnier if it didn't use the technique of looping a few second of a fight quickly in order to make it look stupid. You can do this to literally any movie to achieve a comedic effect. Observe:

[​IMG]

And, to be honest, movie fights aren't supposed to resemble those in real life. I still remember watching Bob Anderson talk about how the stunt people were discussing a particular move and how it was completely unrealistic and he replied to the effect of: this is cinema - it's part of the magic.

Jarren_Lee-Saber and BoromirsFan like this.
  7. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    It is true that you can do that with just about any choreographed fight scene, it's still funny. And I think that the Maul fight is the best fight of the prequels. It's still a funny video.

8. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Movie making tip #237: No matter what, under any circumstances, never, ever forget that movie fights aren't supposed to resemble those in real life. They are made to look fake on purpose so that you can tell that they aren't really fighting. The last thing you want to do is get your audience wondering if your actors might have accidentally landed a few real blows and you just decided to use those takes. If your audience walks out of the theater thinking that what they just saw looked realistic, you have failed as a movie maker, you have failed your audience, and you have failed yourself. [/sarcasm]

Chainmail_Jedi likes this.
  9. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Thats true ,but the Obi/Anakin Sith duel took that idea and pounded it into the dust with waving there sabres all around them routine, that and Obi-wan slashing rather than stabbing down on the table so Anakin could block it :p

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    You're old!

11. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I completely agree. I once read that if you parry with a Katana in real life it is instantly broken. Also most RL swordfights probably lasted about a minute max.
    That said, the swordfighting in the PT could've done without the many backflips and pirouettes. If you overdo that kind of stuff it gets old quickly.

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.