main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lightswords of Fury: Special Edition L/M, H/L, Others | Ch 20 The Wedding Part 2/3 6/4/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Liz, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Lightswords of Fury
    Author(s): Jedi_Liz
    Timeframe: EU Compliant until THE LAST COMMAND, AU After that
    Characters: L/M, H/L, Various Others
    Genre: Romantic Comedy
    Keywords: Luke and Mara Romance

Summary: While studying the Jedi data disks given to him by Dathomirian Witch Mother Rell, Luke is shocked to discover an ancient tradition involving an heirloom lightsaber.

Notes: This is the SPECIAL EDITION rewrite of my original story which I posted on the classic boards. I was not able to finish it there, but I intend to finish it here in the Beyond boards. If you were one of the
    readers of my original story post, you may notice some scenes removed or rewritten completely. Thus, the SPECIAL EDITION.

?Was there something else?"

He smiled. "You're getting good at that."

"Your fault for teaching me too well. Come on, what is it?"

"Just this." Reaching into his tunic, he pulled out a lightsaber.

"What's this?" Mara asked, frowning. "It's my old lightsaber," Luke told her quietly. "The one I lost at Cloud

City and nearly got killed with at Wayland." He held it out. "I'd like you to have it."

She looked up at him, startled. "Me? Why?"

He shrugged self-consciously. "Lots of reasons. Because you earned it. Because you're on your way to becoming

a Jedi and you'll need it. Mostly though, because I want you to have it."

Slowly, almost reluctantly, she took the weapon.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

The Last Command, Timothy Zahn

Lightswords of Fury

Chapter 1 - The Discovery

Several months following the defeat of Grand Admiral Thrawn?s fleet at Wayland, Luke Skywalker finally found the time to study data discs given to him by the elderly Dathomirian Witch Mother Rell.

He had tried a few times in the past to read through the files, but then something always came up. First was the discovery of the new leader of the Empire, followed by the fiasco with former assassin Mara Jade and her vow to kill him. Finally, a rare time of peace in the galaxy had settled upon them and he could study the discs.

Luke grunted as he lifted the trunk from its storage place. It was very heavy, but he knew that it contained valuable information to the teachings of the Jedi.

After several minutes, he had finally managed to pull the trunk over to his desk. Overly eager to open the trunk, he forced the lid open using a sharp tool. As the lid opened, he was overwhelmed with how many data disks were inside. It was likely more information than he would be able to study in his own lifetime. He reached in, grabbed a handful of disks and moved to his desk.

He scanned the information the disks contained carefully, but the information on them wasn?t anything new to him, which disappointed him greatly. He chuckled to himself as he saw Yoda?s favorite mantra of ?Try Not. Do or Do Not. There is no Try? emphasized on one of the pages.

Growing frustrated, Luke went to grab the next disk in the pile, but instead knocked the disks over, spilling them over the top of his desk. Sighing, he grabbed a random disk and inserted it into the slot.

This disk was much more interesting. It talked about the names for apprentices, ?padawan learners?, and how children had been trained since birth to be Jedi. //No Wonder Yoda said I was too old to begin the training.// Luke thought to himself. He was just about to change disks when something caught his eye.

There is an ancient tradition among Jedi. When the child of a Jedi Knight gives his heirloom lightsaber to a fellow apprentice, it is his declaration of everlasting love.

The words ?everlasting love? stood out the most, like the tallest tree of Endor. Luke bit his lip as he remembered the scene on the rooftop of the Imperial palace. He had given Mara Jade his old lightsaber. The very same lightsaber that had belonged to his father, Anakin Skywalker. The one that he had thought was lost forever, but then had turned up on Wayland in the hands of his clone. The one he?d lost with his hand, only

2. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Ooooh, I'm hooked. Anytime Mara's eyes are blazing is never dull.

Can't wait for more.

3. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    ReWritten huh?

ooooo... i'm game!

4. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Nice to see this around again, Liz. :D

5. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Blue Milkshake - If all goes well, I should be able to post the rewritten chapter 2 in a week.

RedGold - Thanks for stopping by!

JediTrace - *hugs* My favorite reader and favorite person to beta really short fics! ;)

Just to let anyone know (especially lurkers) I will be on vacation in two weeks. I am actually hoping to have chapters 2 AND 3 posted before I leave. The *4th* anniversary of the original posting of this story is July 3rd, btw. :)

6. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    pm me please if you can thanks

7. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    I remember this story! I also remember really enjoying it also. it is great to know that it will be reserected and completed. Please place me on the PM list. I do not want to loose it again because of a "senior moment".:oops: Until next time, thank you!@};-

8. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    Ohhhhhhh man I remember reading this story, but not what it was sorta about. Don't mind reading it again! WOuld you please add me to your PM list, thank you?

9. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Sure will Maul Brady, JediFlySwatter and Frankieskywalker

Anyone else that wants to be PMed when the next chapter is posted, please let me know in your reply. It might be hard to know if its updated otherwise, unless you put it on Active Topic Notification.

10. ttestagr

ttestagr Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2005
    I have it on ATN, so I don't need to be PMed. I just read through the story yesterday, so now I'm stoked, waiting for new chapters. ^_^

11. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I remember reading, and probably lurking, this back in the day. Glad you're giving it a go and a finish. :D

The tie-in to the symbolism of Luke giving Mara his lightsaber is a great way to get the ball rolling. Looking forward to more.

12. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Hi,

read the original story and liked it so it will be interesting to see what you have changed :)

would like to be on the PM list to make storytracking easier

13. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Happy 4th Anniversary to this story - 4 years ago was the day that I originally started posting it. :)

Okay, this is who is on the PM list as of this morning:

frankieskywalker
    JediFlySwatter
    MaulBrady
    tasujad

Welcome to TKeriaLea and tasujad!

I'm still hoping to post chapter 2 at the end of this week (hopefully by July 9th). If anything changes, I'll announce it here.

14. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    There is an ancient tradition among Jedi. When the child of a Jedi Knight gives his heirloom lightsaber to a fellow apprentice, it is his declaration of everlasting love.

He sort of stumbled into that one [face_laugh]

This looks very interesting. Can't wait to see where it goes :D

Good post :)

15. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    YodaKenobi - Yes, he certainly stumbled upon that one, didn't he? If only he had found the time to read that data card BEFORE he gave Mara the lightsaber..... ;)

p.s. you're on my PM list as requested. :)

16. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005

And with that, I'm hooked. [face_batting] I haven't read the original posting...but I wish I did! Very intriguing start.

edit: Oh, I'd also love to receive PM updates. Thanks!

17. DarthJaded

DarthJaded Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2006
    Oh, I remember this story and I was so sad that you didn`t finish it at the Classic Board. PM me if you have a list. Can`t wait for more.:D

D.JadedO:) :-B

18. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    DarthJaded - you're on my list.

Regarding chapter 2: My beta still has a few pages to beta so Chapter 2 probably will not get posted until early next week some time. But chapter 3 is rather short, so as a treat (and because I'll be gone July 16th - 22nd) I'll probably post chapter 3 as well before I leave.

Updated PM List:

frankieskywalker
    JediFLYSwatter
    MaulBrady
    tasujad
    YodaKenobi
    TkeiraLea
    MirandaFair
    DarthJaded

19. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006
    Oh cool. This rewrite is going to be good. I remember reading this a while back. I can't wait to see how it will go. (They end up together, Happily ever after ;) )

Thanks so much for the pm, and could you put me on the pm list please?

Can't wait for more.

jacky

20. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    sign me up for the pm list too! mara's eyes blazing = not good.

21. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    You're on the list. Yes, its NEVER good when Mara's eyes are blazing. :eek: [face_mischief]

Your welcome for the PM. And you're on the PM Updates list as well.

22. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Here's a very brief TEASER for chapter 2. I'll post the whole chapter by Thursday.

Now she was really curious, so she walked over to the makeshift office and took a look at the screen. //Ugh, boring Jedi stuff// she thought, yawning. Then something else caught her eye. Something so vile that her scream could have woken the dead.

23. DarthJaded

DarthJaded Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2006
    Watch it, she`s going to blow!!! Can`t wait for chapter 2

D.jadedO:) :-B

24. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Here comes chapter 2. Now the plot really begins. ;)

Chapter 2 - [b]Reactions[/b]

Mara had her arms crossed and was glaring at him threateningly, so much that Luke took a step backwards in case she had recently renewed her vow to kill him.

?Uh, hello, Mara,? He said, hoping she couldn?t sense his apprehension.

"Hello? That's all you have to say?" She was still glaring at him. Luke nervously ran his hand through his hair. "Is there something you need?" Sweat beaded on his forehead. He usually wasn't this nervous around Mara.

"Always acting like an innocent farm boy I see. You forgot that we had a training session scheduled."

Luke hit his forehead. The training session!

?Oops.?

Now he remembered. A month ago, he had arranged for an hour long training session to help Mara with lightsaber techniques. Since the data disks had been occupying all his free time, the date had slipped his mind.

"All you can say is OOPS? I was waiting there for over an hour for you to show up. I finally had to let the room go when our reserved time was up. You owe me big time, Skywalker." She pushed her way into his apartment without waiting for an invitation.

?How about I try to arrange some training time right now??

?Fine, but you?d better make it worth my time.?

?Just let me change and then I?ll see what?s available. Take a seat.?

Mara sat down on his couch.

Luke went down the hallway into his bedroom to make the call to reserve another training room. While he was making the call, Mara looked around the Jedi?s sparsely furnished apartment. She knew something had caused Skywalker to forget their training session, but what? The activated monitor caught her eye.

It wasn?t the monitor that had made her curious though. It was the fact that Skywalker had left a data card in the card port. He had been engrossed in something that had occupied his mind so long that he had forgotten their training session.

Now she was really curious, so she walked over to the makeshift office and took a look at the screen. //Ugh, boring Jedi stuff// she thought, yawning. Then something else caught her eye. Something so vile that her scream could have woken the dead.

Meanwhile in the Solo apartment, Leia was feeding the twins their lunch. The moment Mara?s emotions hit her Force senses, Leia stepped backwards and dropped the spoon, splattering food everywhere. The twins, strapped into their highchairs, started to cry.

?Is everything okay in here, Princess?? Han said, entering the kitchen.

He glanced from the screaming twins to the now food splattered walls, to Leia who was wincing. ?I see the twins tried to feed themselves again??

Leia glared at Han, ?No, but I felt a disturbance in the Force. Can you handle the twins while I go figure out where it came from??

Han eyed the twins, who had calmed. They gazed back with innocent expressions that reminded him of himself. ?I suppose.? He said.

Leia went into their bedroom, sat in a corner and closed her eyes. Reaching deep within herself, she searched for what had caused the disturbance in the Force. When she found it her eyes opened quickly. The disturbance had come from Luke?s apartment and was caused by none other than Mara Jade.

She knew she had to talk to Luke. However, she would have to do it soon because she had an important meeting that evening.

In Luke?s apartment, Mara?s scream made Luke run back into the living room to see what the commotion was about.

Mara glared blaster bolts at him as he entered the room. She stood and stomped towards the door. ?Forget about rescheduling our training session. I?m not interested.?

As she left the apartment in a huff, Luke looked back at the monitor which was still on the highlighted information about the heirloom lightsaber and declaration of love. He was now in major trouble with Mara Jade. Judging from past experiences, he?d be lucky if he survived.

Luke was sitting and pondering what to

25. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Reactions, indeed! :) Poor Luke. First losing track and timing of their sparring session and then Mara seeing the screen with the heirloom lightsaber... Farmboy can't win. Loved the interactions between the characters. It'll be interesting to see what comes from this and how Luke reacts to Mara giving away his old saber.

A Great start. @};-